main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Forum Change Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The mods of the various games forums have been considering a forum change. We would like to combine all the games forums into two categories "talking about games" and "playing games in forum." We would use the tag system to identify the type of game. For example we would have an RPG tag and a Miniatures tag for our stuff, the video games forum may have a Star Wars Video games tag, or something along those lines.

We tried the tagging system in the Community forum on the temp forums and it worked pretty well. I will create some tags and tag threads so you can get an idea of how this will look.

We're a slow forum, hopefully less slow with new games on the horizon, but we've never been insanely busy here. I think this change could bring some new blood to the forum and hopefully breathe a little life back into us. What do you guys think?

2. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Is it possible to do any cross board shenanigans and double-list this board under the "Games" tab and the "Roleplaying" one, and conversely list the Roleplaying forum under Games as well as Roleplaying? The Roleplaying forum already has three or four games of Dungeons & Dragons in play-by-post, as well as a few threads dedicated to talking about game mechanics, so some more cross-pollination could probably be beneficial for everyone.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll see, but I doubt it. According to the RPF mods that forum is supposed to be where all play by post games happen and here is where all talking about the game is supposed to happen. If that's not the case the RPF mods and I will need to chat again.

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Well, you mentioned having a section for "playing games in forum", but unless you're talking about threads for SW:TOR Guilds, I think there's similar stuff in the RPG area when it comes to play-by-post, so cooperation would be interesting, especially since this place is basically a ghost town.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm going to make some generic tags to prep for a forum merger.

RPG
    Minis
    Card

Anything else?