main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FOX and LFL Negotiates Advance Internet Ticket Sales

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    [image=http://www.cinemark.com/assets/logo.gif]

I called Cinemark Legacy in Plano, TX, the closest cinima to Acadiana showing AOTC in a DLP theatre. This is only 20min north of Dallas, TX. They said that normally they sell tickets 2 weeks in advance of opening night, but FOX is currently negotiating with George Lucas to sell advance seating through Internet outlets 1 month in advance of the release of Episode II.

Also, I found out that this cinima has only two DLP theaters, and AOTC will probably be playing in both for the first few showings.

I do not know how much tickets will be, but this cinema bosts a student discounted price of $5.50 on its website!

If you live in or around Acadiana and are interested in traveling with fellow fans from your area, sign up with FanForce Acadiana in this link: Roll Call - FanForce Acadiana.

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Do you know if they will be selling tickets for the opening shows at 12:01AM and 12:10AM? This would be terrible if they completely disregarded the wants of the fans just to make more money.
    I don't think they will sell the early shows on-line. LFL has been extremely generous to the fans and is very aware of the needs of the fan base.

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Come to think of it, you may be right. I did not think of that. Only a dedicated fan would stand in line, waiting forever to get a seat at a first showing. If he allowed anyone to purchase tickets over the Internet, non-fanboys might sop them up.

I think I asked about the midnight showings, but I am not sure. I might have just asked about first showings. Which would be one and the same from a technical point of view, but it is hard to find good help these days.

You should keep in mind that this is one of the few DLP Cinemas showing Episode II. Perhaps Lucas indeed has his fans in mind when allowing Internet sales in advance. That way the true fans can fight over the Internet to secure seats, then travel numerous miles from home to enjoy his creation in its best possible atmosphere. That would be better than traveling far from home only to wait in line and then have the "SORRY, SOLD OUT" sign put out just as you were to be the next one in line. I had nightmares about that for Episode I.

So you might want to follow the link in the previous post and ask. If you do, could you post the information in this thread.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    OH! Is this only for Digital Projection? What does DLP stand for?

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I was not sure until you asked.

I used a simple search in Internet Explorer and found this link: Digital Light Processing

There is a great Flash animation that explains how it works.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I called again last night. Still no word from LFL as to if and when advanced internet sales will be authorized.

Also, advanced sales of midnight showings on opening day are still unconfirmed. :(

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I called Cinamark in Plano, TX today. Tickets to the midnight show are SOLD OUT. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.