main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragments (Ultimate Drabble Challenge) Week 4: Jag, Jaina, Kyp, Jacen & Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Fragments
    Author: Ceillean
    Characters: depends on the weekly themes
    Notes: Written for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge, which you can find http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-ultimate-drabble-challenge-udc-6-week-1-posted.50008915/]here[/url]

Baby

She held him tightly, fingers gently running along the soft curls of black hair that covered his scalp. “He’s beautiful.” She whispered and placed a warm, lingering kiss on top of the baby’s head.

“He’s a miracle.” Her husband said but she caught the odd edge in his voice and she knew that it was almost time.

“I want to name him first.” She said, fighting tears. “At least let me give him a name.”

Her husband nodded curtly and gave his wife the time she needed to say good-bye.

“My beautiful little boy.” She whispered. “My beautiful little Zekk.”

Child

Behind the grav dumpster or into the sewers? Zekk wasn’t sure which way to go. But he had to hurry because time was running out. Behind him, he heard the heavy footfalls of men who were chasing him. They wanted what he’d taken from them but he couldn’t give it back.

He had to deliver the jewels to Peckhum because otherwise he and his friends wouldn’t be able to eat. And he was so very hungry.

Biting his lip, Zekk decided to take his chances in the sewers. The rats down there couldn’t be any worse than the ones topside.

Teenager

He’d met several girls in the past few years but no one had been quite as striking as Jaina Solo. When she smiled, it felt like his heart was likely going to burst.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come along?” She asked sweetly. “You’re so gifted, Zekk. My uncle could teach you so many new things.”

He swallowed. It was a tempting offer, of course. Escape life in the slums and join this beautiful girl at the Jedi Academy. But then he remembered Peckhum.

“Sorry. But I got a job to do.”

He turned his back on her.

Adult

Around him, younglings had their eyes closed as they concentrated on levitating stones. Zekk watched and evaluated, gave pointers and encouraged. He liked teaching the children, knowing that one day they would go out on their own and become the individuals they were destined to be.

He was proud to know that he would play a great role in their lives. As their friend. As their tutor. As their Master.

Zekk turned around and smiled as Jaina approached. He still considered her the most beautiful woman to ever cross his line of sight.

Too bad her heart was already taken.

Elderly

“I know I’m too late.” His voice was barely audible but his words were clear and truthful. He held her hand tightly, squeezed until the skin around his knuckles turned almost translucent. “I never told you…”

Jaina smiled. “Told me what?”

“How much you mean to me. How much you’ve always meant to me.” Zekk closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. It was almost time. He could feel it. It was now or never. “I love you, Jaina.”
    She leaned forward and she kissed him.

“I know.”

A heavy burden disappeared from his shoulders and Zekk finally knew peace.

Kahara likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Connie, these were beautiful especially baby and elderly. Gave me chills, in a good way. Bravo! You got game, yessirree :) [face_love] !!! Please, tag when you update. I don't want to accidentally miss a thing. :)

Ceillean likes this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This brought tears to my eyes.

“How much you mean to me. How much you’ve always meant to me.” Zekk closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. It was almost time. He could feel it. It was now or never. “I love you, Jaina.”
    She leaned forward and she kissed him.

“I know.”

A heavy burden disappeared from his shoulders and Zekk finally knew peace.

As usual, you did a beautiful job.

Ceillean likes this.
  4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Beautiful but heartbreaking

Lovely look into Zekk's life

=D==D==D==D=

Ceillean likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice look into Zekk with a very beautiful ending

Ceillean likes this.
  6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Jade_eyes Thank you. Glad you enjoyed. :) I'll make sure to tag you.

Alexis_Wingstar Happy you liked. It's always a great compliment when a story makes readers emotional. :)

KELIA Thanks, Kelia!

earlybird-obi-wan Thank you for reading! :)

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Healthy

When the medical droid finally left, when Mara was alone with her baby boy, for what felt like the first time in months, Mara allowed herself to breathe.

She couldn’t put into words the relief she felt that after all this time of uncertainty, she was going to be okay. She was going to be a mother to her son.

She cradled Ben in her arm and smiled while she ran her finger along his chubby cheek.

He was beautiful.

He was a gift.

And she would protect and care for him until she drew her very last breath.

Injured

The stars twinkled up above, silently, peacefully, too damned far away.

Kyp sat back against a boulder and focused on the sky, ignoring the pain in his leg as best as he could.

It wasn’t easy, though.

And he recognized that he wasn’t going to move another inch without help.

His leg was broken. And a healing trance was going to do him any good either.

Hostile environment with the enemy on his tail, he didn’t have time.

Kyp sighed.

He’d commed for assistance hours earlier but so far no one had responded.

So he focused on the stars.

Sick

“I don’t know what’s wrong with him.” Mara said the moment the door opened. Leia, with a slight smile on her face, followed her into the living area. Baby Ben lay on a thick blanket on the floor, arms and legs pumping while he cried.

Leia got down to her knees instantly and picked him.

“The medic said he’s fine.” Mara worried her lower lip. “He doesn’t look fine to me.”

Leia chuckled. “He’s okay, Mara.” She held the baby tighter. “Just a stomach ache, I bet. Come on, let’s give him a warm bath. It might help.”

Mara followed, helpless.

Stressed

“Are you kriffing kidding me?” Kyp’s voice spiked as he slammed the data pad back into the mechanics hand. “You said you’d have the ship done hours ago!”

“I’m sorry, Sir, but –“

“I don’t care!” He took a deep breath, closed his eyes for just a moment. It was oddly difficult to compose himself when nothing was going according to plan. “I need my ship.” Kyp went on quietly. “I can’t save the galaxy from here, now can I?”

The mechanic nodded. “Yes, Sir. We’re working as fast as we can.”

“Yeah. I’ve heard that before.”

He spun around and left.

Frustrated

Sleep had become something of a foreign word to her. Actually, not just a word but an entirely new world.

A world where parents were made to believe that sleep no longer existed, where the children ruled each second of each new day.

Mara held Ben in one arm while she fed him. She couldn’t remember ever being this tired before. And she’d been through quite a lot throughout her life.

“You do realize that I’m not able to function properly without sleep.” She whispered softly, placing a small kiss on Ben’s forehead. “Just though I’d let you know, love.”

Jade_eyes

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the mix with Kyp, Mara and Ben
    Ben is a nice kind of frustration for Mara;)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceillean, loved these. The blend of situations and character focus. =D= Yumsy, Liz will relieve Kyp's stress when he gets home though LOL - half of that was missing her. [face_love] [face_love] ;)

[:D] ~Jade

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yeah, I suppose Ben is a nice kind of frustration for Mara. Wonder how she'd react to typical teenager antique's. That would be fun to write. :D

Jade_eyes: I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll enjoy the next set even more. :p Very romantic and mushy. Haven't written mush in a very, very long time. It'll be up in a bit.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Jade_eyes

Attraction

From the moment he laid eyes on her, amongst a throng of individuals oblivious to the bright spark that ignited between them, Kyp knew that Eliziya was the one. Maybe it was something in her chocolate brown eyes, or maybe it was her laugh, maybe it was the way she smiled at him or maybe it was everything all at once.

In the end, it didn’t matter.

She shook his hand and when she spoke, time stopped.

“I’m Eliziya.” She said. “Nice to meet you.”

What mattered was that Kyp fell head over heels within a fraction of a second.

Love

He held her closely, a simple hug yet enough for him to thank the Force for letting him cross paths with this beautiful woman. Eliziya pulled back and he cupped her face in his hands, gently running his thumbs along her cheeks. “I can’t put into words how beautiful you are.” Kyp whispered.

He leaned forward and kissed her. A small kiss but he felt her body tremble nonetheless and he tightened his hold around her.

“Thank you for being who you are. For accepting me the way I am.” He breathed in deeply. “I love you, Eliziya.”

Commitment

“Hell.” Kyp hissed as he glanced at the timepiece around his wrist. “I’m late.”

Han raised his eyes from his half empty glass of ale and shot his long time friend a curious look. “Late for what?”

But Kyp barely listened. Quickly shrugging into his jacket, he downed his drink in one go and threw a few cred coins onto the table.

“Kid!” Han called in order to grab Kyp’s attention. “Late for what?”

Kyp smiled and then, surprisingly, he laughed. “For a date.”

“A date?” Han paused. “With a woman?”

“Shut up, old man.” Kyp said while closing his jacket.

Marriage

Tying the knot had never been a goal in Kyp’s life. But he’d never envisioned meeting a person who would change his life so drastically. He was thrilled to have taken that step, to have asked Eliziya to be his wife. And he was beyond ecstatic that she had said yes.

As she held his hand, the promise bracelet that symbolized their love for one another, dangled around her slender wrist. He was the happiest man in the universe. Not only because he was married, no, but because his wife carried his unborn child.

They were a family now.

Anniversary

“It is near to impossible to find a decent gift for you, you know.” Eliziya made a face as they sat together in their favorite restaurant. A set of red candles were lit in the center of the table and between them, Kyp held her hands.

“I never asked for a gift.”

“I know.” She said with a sigh. “But it’s our anniversary. You get a gift for that one special person, right?”

He raised her hands to his lips and placed a kiss on each of her knuckles. “You are my gift, Eliziya. You are all I need.”

Gemma likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Attraction - SQUEE!

Love: Oh yum! Kyp says the sweetest things. Commitment [face_laugh] Marriage -- raptures! Anniversary: -- Squee! There our pookie bear goes again ^:)^ I'd just love to eat him up with some hot fudge [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =P~

Connie, you still got it [:D] [:D] [face_dancing]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and adorable from the first to the last prompt. They are meant for each other:*

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    These are great.

15. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    These are all wonderful! So hard to pick a favorite, but I especially liked Adult and Injured. I love the way you write Kyp and Zekk!

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Week Four is finally up. But it's dark. Fits my current mood. ;)

Jade_eyes

Snow
    Stone faced, Commander Jagged Fel held his blaster in a firm grip. He couldn’t feel the warm contours of the weapon through his leather gloves but he knew the power he wielded intimately and he knew it was good.

“You should have listened.” He said quietly, a cold smile tugging at his lips as he watched the woman he once thought to love squirm on the snow covered ground. “If you had, I’d have spared your life.”

“Please, Jag. This isn’t you.”

“Yes. It is.” He tilted his head sideways. “You were just too blind to see.”

He pulled the trigger.

Sand
    The wind swept golden sand into her face. Jaina ignored it. Her eyes were locked onto the body before her. The vibroblade had gone deep, opening a gash within his flight suit, from his shoulder to his abdomen. Dark red blood seeped from the wound, painting the coarse sand beneath her feet.

A pity really. He would have been a perfect asset.

Jaina knelt beside him and reached across his face to close his once lively green eyes. “You should have listened.” She whispered quietly. “If you had, I’d have spared your life.”

Jaina walked away, leaving Durron’s body behind.

Water
    Kyp squinted as water splashed into his eyes. It took all his strength to keep Jacen’s head under water. But it wouldn’t take much longer. His life energy was giving out on him. Kyp could feel it through the Force, like a faucet that had been opened.

Which, of course, had been the point. It was a “do or do not” kind of thing and well…Jacen had chosen the wrong option.

Kyp whispered quietly. “I gave you a choice. You didn’t listen.” He let go and watched as the body drifted away. “If you had, I’d have spared your life.”

Heat
    Anakin banged his fist against the hatch, over and over again. Jacen watched, slightly amused. “This is getting tiring.” He said after activating the intercom.
    “Jacen! Stop this. This isn’t you!”

Jacen laughed. All it would take was a flick of a switch and the escape pod would plummet down to the sun below. He intended to do just that.
    Because Anakin had betrayed him. And betrayal would not be tolerated.

“It is, little brother. You were just too blind to see.”

He cut the com and watched with a smile as his flesh and blood, his brother, burned.

And it was good.

Clouds
    He walked along the battle field with his head held high. Up above the sky was clear blue with only a few white clouds casting shadows on the fallen. Anakin slowly shifted his gaze and finally he made himself to see.
    Death soaked the once green landscape. Before the battle, trees had grown with their peaks almost reaching the sky. There had been a village near the river and now…now there was nothing left.

“You should have listened.” Anakin fell to his knees. “You’d all still be alive if you had.”

He balled his hands into fists and breathed.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompts. =D= You have a multifaceted talent @};-

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gloomy and dark these takes on the saga but excellent use of the prompts

19. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    :eek: Whoa! This last post was dark.. great little scenes tho.. didn't hold back.. I loved them!

Great line! Nice writing!;)

20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I enjoyed your section with Kyp --- I love Kyp mush/romance. I enjoy seeing him happy.

Nyota's Heart and Ceillean like this.