main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Friday Arrivals

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by AlderaanOnline, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    Well, we've got a post of those arriving Thursday.

Who's driving/flying in on Friday? I'll be driving in around 6:30am on Friday morning and staying Friday and Saturday night.

2. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I'll be leaving home at about 6:30am and hopefully arriving at around 1:pm. I'ld leave earlier but I can't afford to take my daughter out of school more than one day. I also can't leave late on Thursday while driving.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I will also be arriving on Friday, hopefully around 10 in the morning, depending on my work schedule.

4. KatyChristensen

KatyChristensen Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey, AlderaanOnline, thanks
    for posting this :). I'm getting
    there around 3 or 4 pm on Friday.
    It would have been around 7 until
    I found out our class is taking
    a trip to Marietta College, so I
    figured I'd just skip the whole
    day. What hotel are you guys
    all staying at? We're going out
    on the town that night. To eat,
    maybe see Spiderman, do some
    last minute shopping. I'm
    spray painting an old shirt to
    wear on the way up.

5. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm going to the opening of Celebration after I unpack and eat. From what I heard there is hardly enough time to do and see everything one might choose to. Why waste time doing things I can do at home before or after I go.

6. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I'll be flying in and anticipate arrival on Friday at about 9:03 AM, leaving me pleanty of time to take in the sights and then check in to the hotel room. One thing I am glad for Expedia.com for allowing me to do was to select the earliest possible Friday flights and the latest possible Sunday night flights, so I can maximize my time at the show and still not lose any vacation days at work. :)

7. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    me and my friends are leaving Friday afternoon. Yes, I know horrible, but I can't skip my bio...

we should be there no later then about 5 pm *hopes*

8. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Yup Tabee can't mis Bio and I can't miss Math....fun fun fun....

but hey...we are going to be there... :)

9. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I'll be leaving (starting the drive) at about 2am on Friday morning, hopefully arriving around 9am.

10. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm leaving with a bunch of friends, around 2am and arriving around 9am. I want to get into the Celebration store first thing!

11. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Me too, jedi_blynnj...so I'm hoping the stops and starts (for going to the bathroom, etc.) only take up an hour because I'm estimating a 6 hour drive.

12. AlderaanOnline

Feb 15, 2002
    I've got a 3 1/2 hour drive, and hope to arrive around 6:30am. I'm hoping the hotel will let me check in early, but I'm betting they won't.

13. Jedi_elyk

Jedi_elyk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I too will be arriving friday hopefully around 8:00am or so ,but the thing about my hotel room is that i believe i won't be able to get into it until 3:00pm because the people who have it before me have until noon to leave. dang i wish i'd reserved a room for thursday now. anyways i can't wait ...29 days and counting.....

14. AlderaanOnline

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah, I'm wishing I had reserved Thursday too. Too late now. I guess I'll have to take a break from the action at the convention center during the afternoon to check in.

15. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    My flight lands in IND at 8:30 their time. (Stupid dorks don't use time change.) I'll either be dressed in Jedi garb, as part of my Padme costume has to be under the plane.

~Caleigh

16. AlderaanOnline

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm actually glad they don't change their time. I'm in Ohio which does go to DST so I'll actually get there an hour earlier.

17. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    me too, AlderaanOnline...I just found that out yesterday...it'll give those of us driving a little head start sorta.

About people wanting to check into their hotels early: you probably won't be able to get in that early...depending on if they are booked the night before...but you could always call and ask for an early check-in. I don't think they have our reservation info. at this time, though..cause I just called my hotel today and they said WotC hasn't given it to them yet.

18. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Perhaps there will be a place that we can store our bags for the time being? DragonCon does this, particularly for folks that are staying at the Con longer than the checkout time for Monday (DCon goes through monday b/c it's labor day.)

~Caleigh

19. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm from Ohio also. If we
    get there early Friday, to
    early that we can't check
    into our hotel yet, we're
    going to take little drives
    around Indi and get better
    'aqquianted' w/it :)

Thread Status: