main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Galactic Empire (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Ask and you shall receive ...

Thok, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Imperial Palace, Planetary Surface, Bastion

Something bothered him about the response given to the call he just placed to Taipan. If anything, the agent should have expressed more concern for the situation due to the fact his last received message was interrupted suddenly by Lucifer's intrusion. His nonchalant additude made Jean feal uneasy, giving more thought weather or not Taipan's line was secure. Fearing the worse, The Sith Lord responded.

"What is your current status?"

"Active," came the cool reply. There was a momentary pause. "If you are where I believe you are, it would be wise to leave now, Grand Inquisitor." Taipan's words were a suggestion of warning, though said as cryptically as they had been were difficult to interpret without some degree of misunderstanding.

Meanwhile, Field Marshal Maximilian Veers stalked a black-clad man he could only begin to guess the identity of. Quietly he peeked around the corner of an adjacent hallway and glanced down for any sign of the black clad man. It was clear, so Veers travelled down it. He, likewise, peeked around the next cross-corridor for any sign of the not-quite stranger before proceeding.

It was a slow journey, but he would catch sight of the man on occassion. Unfortunately, Veers only found himself headed deeper and deeper into the labyrinth at the risk of becoming lost.

"Searching for something?" came a cold voice from behind him. The voice of Raum, one of his captors from the Spider's Web, while he was held within the clutches of what he believed was Ysanne Isard's Intelligence goons. "Your son perhaps?"

NaboosPrincess

Unknown Regions

Lucrecia headed toward the ship's cockpit as Kiera called out to her. The Empress must have been speaking with the pilot, Lucrecia realised. The children, like their mother, were dressed regally. They were all beautiful and seemed to perfect as a family. The sight was enough to cause Lucrecia thoughts of having a family of her own, but she knew it was the wrong time to dream about such things. So, she simply smiled and watched as Kiera came out from the cockpit and asked the children to play while the two adults spoke.

"Since this little trip was your idea, my friend, I think we ought to run over the plan once more," Kiera said. And that was exactly what they did. They spent what must have been more than fifteen minutes in deep conversation, discussing the immediate future and the likely consequences of their actions. At least, the consequences they were able to imagine or hope for.

It was perhaps half an hour after that by the time they landed. Their pilot exited the ship and joined them, as did the children, as they explored the remote world. Lucrecia had never seen anything quite like it. Life seemed to thrive upon the planet; it was very much the polar opposite of Coruscant. Where the capital was riddled with people and buildings and skycars, this planet was filled with the natural beauty of a great diversity of flora and fauna, of mountains and rivers and streams.

"Our contact will be waiting for us at the edge of the forest," said the pilot, just as he stepped ahead to lead the way. His walk was unusual, but almost normal. Lucrecia could not grasp why the man was unable to walk as other humans did, but it seemed a part of the being's species, for she knew he was not truly human.

When they finally came to the forest, Lucrecia paused at Kiera's side and held Tybalt's hand. Her gaze was set upon the familiar form before her, and the strangely beautiful alien woman at his side. Lucrecia found it difficult to take her eyes off from the female, though she managed easily enough. It was, after all, rude to stare.

"Greetings," came the cool, familiar voice of High Inquisitor Fierce. "I am pleased to see that you could come all this way to meet us." His yellow eyed gaze was directed to Kiera, as were his words. "Please allow me to introduce my

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Imperial Palace, Bastion

Maximilian Veers knew that if he continued any further into the depths of the palace, he would get lost in the maze of corridors and getting lost is something he could not afford in his current endeavour. He was still unable to acquire a good look at the man he was stalking as to whether he was the one he originally was hunting or someone else. But the cold voice that came from behind him, told him that his hunt was at an end.

"Searching for something?" the cold voice said and Veers silently cursed at his misfortune and at himself for not watching his back. The Field Marshal froze in place as he recognized the voice as belonging to the one agent that brought him to his son's execution. "Your son perhaps?" Feelings of hatred coursed through his body at the taunt thrown at him by his tormentor and captor.

"No, I was hunting his killers and I found one," was his cold reply. As much as he wanted to spin around and open fire on Raum, Veers was not so foolish to throw his life away that quickly. Instead he merely tilted the blaster rifle just enough so he could catch a reflection of what was behind him in the rifle's scope lens. "But it seems you have caught me at a disadvantage," he admitted relunctantly, stalling. "Tell me, was it you who I was stalking or one of your compatriots?"

TAG: LSA, Thok

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    HIMS Eternal Blade - Bridge

Grand Admiral Plasvic

The Emperor seemed to be delayed. He was supposed to have arrived about five minutes ago--and His Majesty never arrived late. Normally, five minutes would be meaningless, but in the heat of battle they could mean everything. The defense forces were ordered to fight a holding action until he returned. But as those five minutes stretched into fifteen, Plasvic decided that he'd best take action. The hand-picked officers of the Emperor were not chosen for the mindless inertia, but for thoughtful initiative. He'd best take it while he was still able, and when the Emperor returned, then perhaps he'd have a situation that would be more favorable than simply a disaster.

As it stood, the enemy armada was outside of firing range and still making its way through the system. It was advancing ponderously, but that couldn't be stopped--it too had an inertia, granted by its huge size alone. It had begun to open fire on the many civilian craft that were stranded between the safety of deep space and the inner system. Fortunately, the heightened security had forced all traffic into narrow lanes, so the actual number of ships harmed was far less than it would have been just a few years ago.

Nevertheless, the craft in the middle of the armada were done for. There was no possible way to help them. The many other channels, not in the way of the invasion force, were ordered to gather together and depart the system at once. The shields would not be opened for any circumstances.

The Emperor feared sabotage on the planet, but Plasvic couldn't deal with that. He hoped that the Emperor had found a way to stop it. He himself arrayed the fleet in a dispersal formation, intended to shower the enemy with long-range fire and force them to slow down their approve. Attrition was the best he could do, and try to maintain all the craft in his force.

The Emperor did, however, have an ace up his imperial sleeve. Plasvic hoped that His Imperial Majesty wouldn't mind if he called for it if he didn't arrive.

TAG: LSA, Blue_10

OOC: It's no Emperor, but Plasvic isn't a pushover either. :p

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello, Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello, Princess Arya Padme Jello, Princess Julyet Estella Jello, Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin
    The Unknown Regions

Hard to believe that a planet this beautiful could have anything to do with the horror the galaxy was currently facing, but indeed, the brilliant emerald ball was currently hosting the emissary from the Vong ? the same creatures intent on destroying Kiera?s home, as it seemed. But she couldn?t allow herself to think of that right now. The goal was peace, and an end to this terrible war. She would not accomplish anything unless she remained open-minded and positive.

She gathered her family together as the ship set down, and followed the pilot out into the wild beauty of the strange world. ?Mother, it?s so?green!? Arya remarked quietly. The family had not done as much traveling with the children as they ought to have done, and Kiera realized that this was probably the biggest forest her daughter had ever set foot in. ?Yes, dear, so it is, but we have important business right now, so you must keep quiet and observe.?

Finally, they approached two figures; no doubt those sent to represent the Vong. Kiera momentarily feared that the children might be frightened at the sight of the strange alien, but she needn?t have worried; their etiquette training served them well, and neither Arya nor Tybalt showed any outward sign of rudeness. The baby was too young to really notice or care.

"I am pleased to see that you could come all this way to meet us. Please allow me to introduce my companion, Nen Yim. Together we may very well be able to reach an understanding that will put a swift end to this meaningless war," said High Inquisitor Fierce.

?That is my greatest hope, High Inquisitor,? Kiera responded, meeting Fierce?s eyes. ?My children, Arya, Tybalt, and Julyet accompany me, as does the Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin ? my trusted cousin-in-law and good friend, whom I believe is already familiar to you.?

Kiera turned to Nen Yim and continued. ?I am deeply saddened that our conflict has reached such catastrophic levels and only wish we had arranged this meeting sooner. It is my goal ? and, I should hope, yours as well ? to complete these negotiations before another life is lost?from either side.?

TAG: LSA

5. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001

"Searching for something?" came a cold voice from behind him. The voice of Raum, one of his captors from the Spider's Web, while he was held within the clutches of what he believed was Ysanne Isard's Intelligence goons. "Your son perhaps?"

"No, I was hunting his killers and I found one," was his cold reply. As much as he wanted to spin around and open fire on Raum, Veers was not so foolish to throw his life away that quickly. Instead he merely tilted the blaster rifle just enough so he could catch a reflection of what was behind him in the rifle's scope lens. "But it seems you have caught me at a disadvantage," he admitted relunctantly, stalling. "Tell me, was it you who I was stalking or one of your compatriots?"

Raum did not fear the field marshal. There was no need for reinforcements or allies, or 'conventional weapons'. The fallen angel simply smiled, as he said, "It hardly matters now, does it?" His expression was sly and malevolent, and his eyes were burning ambers. "You have me right here before you. I am your son's executioner!" He lunged at Veers, his hand grasping to seek a strangle hold on the man's throat, and Veers could have sworn the man's face was more demonic than human.

NaboosPrincess

Zonama Sekot, Unknown Regions

"I am pleased to see that you could come all this way to meet us. Please allow me to introduce my companion, Nen Yim. Together we may very well be able to reach an understanding that will put a swift end to this meaningless war," said High Inquisitor Fierce.

"That is my greatest hope, High Inquisitor," Kiera responded, meeting Fierce's eyes. "My children, Arya, Tybalt, and Julyet accompany me, as does the Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin ? my trusted cousin-in-law and good friend, whom I believe is already familiar to you."

Kiera turned to Nen Yim and continued. "I am deeply saddened that our conflict has reached such catastrophic levels and only wish we had arranged this meeting sooner. It is my goal ? and, I should hope, yours as well ? to complete these negotiations before another life is lost ... from either side."

"I share some of your sentiments," Nem Yim responded simply, "but I fear many lives are already under threat of loss." Her headdress seemed to shift with her thoughts and feelings. Kiera wondered if the thing might actually be alive, but her thoughts slipped to the back of her mind as the Yuuzhan Vong female continued. "I am told that you possess the resources necessary to bring an end to this war."

"That is correct," Fierce interjected before Nen Yim could press on, or before Kiera could respond herself. "Our Empress is an influential being among the galaxy's peoples. With her permission, the information you have discovered can be broadcast over the HoloNet, much in the way you would use villips and other communications devices."

Fierce paused, his eyes glittering as he thought of the many implications of what they were able to do. To end a galactic war was something beyond any single one of them, but it was within their combined grasp. "Zonama Sekot, this planet, is very much alive and self-aware, much in the way the homeworld of the Yuuzhan Vong once was. And the knowledge it contains..."

"We know now that what we have been fighting for ... our supposed destiny and purpose, was misguided," Nem Yim finished, taking Fierce's lead. "We have learned that Zonama Sekot is the key to unlocking the barrier that is war. It is the only thing that stands between us, our peoples, and peace."

All that they needed was the override codes for the entire Imperial-controlled HoloNet. Fierce knew it was a lot to ask for, but he asked because he knew Kiera wished for an end to the war as much as, if not more, than anyone else.

Blue_10, GrandAdmiralJello

Coruscant, Core Worlds

A lot could happen in fifteen minutes. A lot did. That had been how much time had passed since Comm

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Imperial Palace, Bastion

"You have me right here before you. I am your son's executioner!" He lunged at Veers, his hand grasping to seek a strangle hold on the man's throat, and Veers could have sworn the man's face was more demonic than human.

Veers reacted like the trained soldier that he was. The moment he saw Raum move in to grasp a hold of him, the Field Marshal spun around and side-stepped simultaniously and brought the butt of his rifle around with the intention of smashing Raum's face in. "No, you are one of his executioners!" he growled back. "One of us will die today and I intend that to be you!" His absolute was filled with such hatred and certainy that there was no denying the fact that Veers was ready to do anything and sacrifice everything to accomplish that goal.

7. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello, Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello, Princess Arya Padme Jello, Princess Julyet Estella Jello, Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin
    The Unknown Regions

How could a planet be alive and self-aware? Kiera wanted to ask, but she held back. If they spoke truly, the concept was surely not one that could be explained quickly or easily. If they had gone mad (which was certainly a possibility these days), there was little reason to question such beliefs as long as they served Kiera?s desired ends. Actually, she preferred to believe they had gone a little crazy. The idea of a living planet was not one she could deal with at the moment.

All they wanted were the codes to the HoloNet. It was easily done. Still, a part of Kiera?s mind urged her to be cautious. Nen Yim claimed she wanted peace, but from what Kiera knew of the Vong, they were not to be trusted. She certainly did not trust Fierce, though she?d never been able to put her finger on the reason, but Lucrecia did ? and that gave her pause.

When she thought about it, Kiera realized she did not have much of a choice. Her husband and his forces were even now fighting to save their empire, and victory was far from certain. Many believed the invaders were already poised to win, and this could either make that victory easier ? or prevent it entirely. It was a chance she would have to take.

?I can give you the override codes,? Kiera finally told Nem Yim. ?When will you be ready to broadcast??

TAG: LSA

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Imperial Center

Things were not going well for the Empire's finest. Despite the fact that every single one of them was vastly superior to their Vong counterparts, they were horribly outnumbered. The law of squares would inevitably result in the loss of the Imperial Forces. However, the creators of such principles of warfare had not reckoned on Iaius Jello.

Though he had never completed his training and was unable to fully harness its abilities, this Emperor did possess the rudiments of an effective technique. It was called Battle Meditation.

Before abandoning his training, he had learned to communicate with his allies through the Force, and provide a degree of command and control over them. This was limited to mostly psychic murmurings. Battle Mediation, at its complete state, could also coordinate between thousands of allied units and raise their morale while simultaneously demoralizing the enemy. The Emperor was limited to what he had learned, but it was sufficient to reach his commanders. That was all he needed: they could direct his forces through normal means. Inspiration and morale would also come naturally, since the men knew that they were led by the very best. Coordination? The Emperor's military genius would lead to considerable coordination, and he did not need to rely on the Force as a crutch. So long as he was directing things, that was all.

Mere direction was simple: it came as easily as thinking. That was how the Galactic Emperor was able to command the forces above while simultaneously conducting a conversation below. Complete Battle Mediation would have required a great deal more concentration.

Perhaps it was well that he did not finish his training, despite his natural talent.

The manuals assume that when a combatant is severely outnumbered, the fight is over. However, true tactical minds do not think so linearly. Rather, the execution of the art of war at the hands of a battlemaster is fluid and creative. Innovative and mentally supple commanders can use their military finesse to compensate for a mere material trifle. If numbers were the key to warfare, then it would hardly be so complicated.

Amateurs are legion, but few can truly apply the necessary grace that war requires. A martial mind is a flexible one--one that can spot weaknesses out of strength and generate strengths out of weaknesses.

Yes, the Yuuzhan Vong outnumbered the Empire, but that was such a minor thing. Having such a huge swath of ships meant that the Vong were tactically hampered. They were unable to perform manuevers, for they were constrained by their own ships. They couldn't even bring much of their firepower to bear, since they'd be blocked from effective firing solutions by their own vessels! Only the innermost vessels could fire effectively, and they couldn't summon near enough firepower to compensate. The Vong's greatest asset was their bulk and brute force, and that was what would bring them down.

In contrast, the Emperor brought his ships together and concentrated their firepower. They were potent; deadly. Imperial ships were designed to focus nearly ninety percent of their firepower forward--due to their sloped triangular surfaces, all bow, port, starbord, dorsal, and ventral guns could fire straight ahead--only the stern guns were limited by a line of sight. When the armada was arranged in a three-dimensional rendering of a Star Destroyer, then the entire armada could focus their firepower forward. The Vong? They couldn't stand that withering hail, and with their ridiculously jagged and misshapen designs? They couldn't dream of following, even if they tried to copy the Imperials. Imperials just had a better grasp at how to design warships.

The Vong certainly had layers upon layers of ships, but they simply provided more targets. Since the actual amount of vessels directly shooting at the Imperial armada would also be battered by concentrated fire, any advantage they had was rendered null because they'd be shot at too. The Vong definately did not have subtlet

9. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    NaboosPrincess, LightSide_Apprentice

Zonama Sekot, Unknown Regions

We do not often come together for these, but I enjoy the rare moments and know, if you enjoy these combines even half as much as I do, you will love our little contribution to this story.

I can give you the override codes," Kiera finally told Nem Yim. "When will you be ready to broadcast?"

An odd expression crossed the alien female's face, almost as if she was surprised to hear Kiera's response, but was not exactly shocked for the empress' cooperation. Nen Yim glanced toward Fierce, before returning her gaze to settle upon Kiera once again. "I will be able to communicate to the Yuuzhan Vong through our own channels. They will be more familiar with them and less suspicious of our news." She paused then, glancing back toward the inquisitor.

"We will be able to broadcast almost immediately," Fierce said, without further prompting, to answer the two females that represented each faction. His attention turned to Kiera directly. "Will you be making a speech to the galaxy, or would you prefer this be done without us revealing your direct involvement?" There were pros and cons for each alternative and Fierce was not about to make a decision that would put Kiera's life at unnecessary risk.

"I should like to make a few comments to the galaxy," Kiera answered. "If they know that this comes directly from the royal family, perhaps people will be more apt to keep the peace," she explained.

Fierce nodded slowly. "As you wish," he said. "I will make preparations and give you a few moments." And with that he headed toward the starship that had brought Kiera to Zonama Sekot.

Lucrecia spoke up once he had departed, while Nen Yim slipped into the jungle that was the planet's surface. "It is almost too much to believe, that all our hopes and dreams might actually lead us to peace." She smiled toward Kiera and then looked down at the children. "We might be able to provide them with a future where war is nothing more than a distant memory."

"That would be lovely, Lucrecia," Kiera agreed. "But I do not know if such a thing is possible. It seems as though there is always a war somewhere in the galaxy. Still, perhaps we will be able to make certain that there will never be another galactic-wide conflict." She bent down to pick up Tybalt, who had reached out his small arms, begging to be held. "Regardless of the outcome, the children and I are glad you are here with us."

Not quite sure how to respond, but feeling blessed to be with Kiera and the children, Lucrecia only smiled warmly. "I feel the same," was all that she could think to say. She felt at home with her friend, and at times more comfortable than she had ever been with her own small family. "How do you think the rest of the galaxy will respond to a chance at peace?"

"Doubtless there will be plenty of people who would rather fight and score a victory rather than call a truce," Kiera sighed unhappily, "But we must try for peace nonetheless. Many will be overjoyed. It is the aftermath that has me most worried. Atrocities have been committed on both sides. People will want to seek revenge for wartime wrongs. I wish it could be an easy process, but I know it won't be."

Lucrecia stepped toward her friend and nodded toward Julyet and then Tybalt and Arya. "Few things that are worthwhile are ever easy," Lucrecia commented, her tone sad yet certain. "They are worth our best efforts and more." She forced a smile.

They spoke of their hopes and common dreams for a future without war, one that would be bright and joyful for the children of all peoples, not just those born with royal blood. Before too long, however, Fierce returned, and they knew it was time to return their attention to action and not talk alone. "We are ready when you are," Fierce said to Kiera.

Kiera was surprised to see Fierce return so quickly, but it was for the best. The sooner they got word out to the rest of the galaxy, the sooner the war could end. She ushered the children over to stan

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers and Demon Raum

Imperial Palace, Bastion

The moment he saw Raum move in to grasp a hold of him, the Field Marshal spun around and side-stepped simultaneously and brought the butt of his rifle around with the intention of smashing Raum's face in. "No, you are one of his executioners!" he growled back, as his weapon sped toward his moving target.

Raum was fast. Too fast for a human. "One of us will die today and I intend that to be you!" Veers yelled, filled with such hatred and certainy that there was no denying the fact that he was ready to do anything and sacrifice everything to accomplish that goal. His weapon's butt smashed against Raum's upper shoulder as the man pulled backward; his body momentarily elongating.

Veers stepped towards Raum, pressing on with his attack and giving Raum no time to counterattack. Or at least he thought so when brought the muzzle of his weapon to bare on Lucifer's agent and squeezed the trigger. He was slightly surprised to discover the man's inhuman reflexes and it was one of the reasons why he did not back down now if his suspicions were correct.

A roar of fury escaped Raum's throat and his eyes flashed blood red. He reached out with his arm and Veers felt some invisible power tugging at his weapon. It were almost as if Raum was grappling with him for a hold of the blaster rifle. And, oddly enoguh, the weapon seemed to be growing warm.

The Field Marshal could feel the rifle heating beneath his gloved grip even as he struggled to keep ahold of the weapon, his suspicions proven correct. "You want it? You can have it!" he growled and let it hurl towards the agent. The moment his right hand let go of the weapon, he was already reaching for Layor's pistol he had kept. By the time the rifle reached Raum, the pistol was drawn and firing as Veers charged.

... right toward Raum as the weapon's power cells exploded, sending make-shift shrapnel up and down the corridor.

Veers fell back several feet from the force of the blast and his own loss of balance after reacting to the explosion. He had attempted to raise his arms to shield his face but had not been quick enough. The old soldier felt the familiar searing pain of something scorching hot and sharp piercing his flesh after he landed on his back away from Raum.

Instinctively his free hand rose to his face to protect the wound and lessen the pain but to only cause himself more. He bit his tongue to keep himself from screaming out and rolled onto his side. Veers glanced at the rest of himself and quickly batted tiny flames on his clothing into extinction before deciding his other wounds were not serious enough for his attention.

"Did you learn that trick from me on the Web?" he spat, the bells in his ears finally stopped ringing.

But, Raum did not seem to be listening. In fact, the thing before Veers was not what the agent had been. The being, whatever monstrosity it was, was not the Raum Veers first engaged with. The ... creature ... was bloodied and grotesque. Shrapnel appeared embedded within the creature's face, and its eyes were now a blood red, darker and deeper than the colour of the blood that poured from his wounds. He hissed viciously and stepped forward, now wreathed in flame like some hellish fiend from a terrible underworld.

"By the Emperor..." he gasped once the smoke of the explosion had cleared for him to see his enemy. Veers started crawling backwards, away from the approaching hellish nightmare in front of him. "What in the gods name are you?"

Fear began to grip his heart at the sight of the monster. He started to scramble back to his feet so he could quickly get some distance between them, wondering how he was going to fight this... thing.

It advanced upon him, the corridor seeming to grow dark except for the red-orange flames that flicked and burned around the creature. Raum continued walking, as if oblivious to his being on fire. His flesh turned black, and boiled as his skin peeled away from his inner self. Hi

11. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Blue_10, GrandAdmiralJello

Coruscant, Core Worlds

It had been said that Emperor Palpatine's greatest weakness, his biggest flaw, was his overconfidence. His most promising successor, if promising could be used to describe such a man, was, quite apparently, not all that different to the late Palpatine. Confidence really was a killer. It was almost as if, by some cruel joke of unseen gods, or mysterious forces, the most 'promising' beings were those that faced the greatest of challenges and almost invariably carried the lives of many others in the balance of power.

Iaius Jello was a largely untrained man in the ways of the Force. He had been offered some training, some guidance and some direction, by varying sources. They were never with him long enough to become true mentors, but rather acted like teachers and instructors in a school, or as private tutors. Iaius, by his very nature, was a stubborn man. His confidence in himself led him to ask questions about the impossible, it led him to want more than any human had a right to ask for. Sadly, it was that very thing that held him back, for no instructor would reveal all they knew to a potential student only willing to learn for the purposes of power and individual advancement.

An example of his shortcoming was only too obvious in the battle for Coruscant. Iaius offered a portion of his attention to the battle, hoping to give some direction and moral support to those that fought for the Empire through what he knew was Battle Meditation - a Force-based technique designed to boost the collective co-ordination of any given force of living beings.

He seemed to believe that he possessed a unique weapon, and perhaps he did, if not for the uncanny and inhuman coordination set in his opposition. The mighty Yuuzhan Vong had not conquered so much of the wide galaxy merely through sheer force of numbers. They possessed tools, just like Iaius believed he possessed such things, to enhance the effect of synergy among their forces.

Yammosk war coordinators offered their complete and undivided attention to the battlefield. They set the Yuuzhan Vong to spread their number, and avoid the formation of clusters. Front lines absorbed much of the pitiful and otherwise pathetic laser-fire the Imperial forces mustered, and allowed the aliens' further reinforcements free reign to gather into specific formations that were designed to come at Coruscant not as clusters, but as a giant hand that would grasp a tight hold of the world until it was conquered.

Fingers of that hand began to stretch outward to touch the formations of Imperial warships, weakening entire groups of them, destroying some, and pushing back others. Coordinated not by a single yammosk, but many such minds, all of which worked as one, even a master of Battle Meditation would be hard pressed to stand firm against their might. And, Iaius was anything but a master of such a demanding, and otherwise challenging technique.

12. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Grand Inquisitor Jean LeBlanc

Imperial Palace, Bastion

Jean had lost his bearings at the end of the conversation with Taipan, alsmot not being able to comprehend exactly all that was taking place. Taking a seat down, Jean realxed his thoughts for what only seemed like a minute to him, but in all reality was almost a half an hour. When he rose, he found the room to be empty, except for those of the slain. With a quick glance, he realized that Maxel had left the throne room, and must have been elsewhere.

"He had better not have taken off with my ship!" raged the sith as he stormed towards the security camera display. With a few short clicks, Jean looked at the image of the docking bay to find his ship still present, and what appeared to be in no state of launch.

Curious, thought the Sith Lord as began to flip through the different camera's stationed in the palace. Monitor after monitor, Jean could find no trace of the Field Marshal. Nope, hallway, clear, door, nothing. Where in the hell is he?

Fire?

Or was it? Jean was not for certain, but for the split second he saw it, he assumed it was fire. Flipping to the next camera in that hall way, Jean witnessed a being he would have previously never though possible untill recently. After meeting with Lucifer, the Grand Inquisitor would not be suprized by anything of this magnitude. Yet still, Maxel was no where to be seen. And then at his belt, his comlink buzzed to life. Maxel.

"Jean, if you can hear this I am in need of your help. One of the agents that had murdered my son is... is not... I don't know what he is. A demon is best I can discribe him. He's after me and I do not know how long I can stay hidden from him before he realizes where I have gone to. Once he finds me, I am dead."

Quickly fumbling at his belt, Jean grabbed hold of the push to talk button and brough the mic to his mouth. "Where are you hiding from him Maxel, i cannot locate you on any of the monitors at the moment."

Tag: LSA, Mitth

OOC: No, i did not die, nor did i have a moment of depression. Jean mearly had a little nap. :p

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Trash Compactor, Imperial Palace, Bastion

Veers climbed ontop of some metal bracings that had once been support somewhere in the palace or perhaps something else. He could not exactly tell considering that half of it was covered in various types of trash and filth. He curled his lip and wrinkled his nose at the smell of the place and never had ever dreampt he would find himself inside a trash compactor. The Imperial Field Marshal settled ontop, out of the water and away from the diagonas he knew were bound to be lurking somewhere in the murk below.

"I suppose you are amused at my current predictament, eh Zevulon?" he spoke softly to noone and nothing. Veers leaned back against the wall and let loose a frustrated sigh. "I guess I will find out soon enough whether you were or not assuming I do not get out of this place soon. Crushed, eaten or burned. My future does not look very bright right now."

Then his comlink beeped for his attention. Immediately Veers answered it and was relieved to hear Jean's voice. "Where are you hiding from him Maxel, I cannot locate you on any of the monitors at the moment."

"That's because I am located somewhere where there are no cameras," he quickly replied. Veers paused to consider how to explain where he was without being obvious. He did not want the monster to find him. The only way he could think of to discribe his location was something the rebels had done on aboard the first Death Star. He was not sure if Jean knew that incident well enough. "Let's just say... I pulled a Leia Solo. I say anything more, those that may be monitoring this conversation will know."

14. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    OOC: Last combine. :(

[b]Galactic Emperor Iaius Jello[/b], [b]Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello[/b], [b]Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello[/b], [b]Princess Arya Padme Jello[/b], [b]Princess Julyet Estella Jello[/b]
    [i]Coruscant[/i]

Fresh from the battle, the Galactic Emperor had been busy overseeing repairs and supervising medical recovery operations on the Imperial capital. Despite the miraculous transmission that had ended the war, it had taken days to deal with those forces that refused to quit. Then there was the urgency of the relief operations--operations that required his personal presence. He had men enough to deal with it, but as a leader, he felt it was his job to personally attend to it. That was what he was doing when he was notified that a special shuttle was approaching the Palace.

Surveying rubble, the Emperor stood up from his crouch and blinked his sleepless lids. He'd been working for days. Feeling a surge of vigor wash through him though, he took towards the landing pad.

Randal and Iaius were not at the landing platform when their shuttle arrived, but Kiera and Lucrecia had seen the devastation from orbit and knew their husbands must be busy attending to clean-up efforts. When they had landed, Kiera gave her friend a final hug and thanked her for accompanying the family on the peace mission.

"Please come visit us soon," she called as Lucrecia headed off in search of Randal. That was when the empress heard a series of squeals from the little prince and princess and turned to find that Iaius had arrived.

Inwardly, Iaius breathed a tremendous sigh of relief. Though he knew that nothing had happened to them--the Force certainly would have told him if something had--it was terribly soothing to see them again in person. His heart panged with longing, and he adjusted his stride to he could quickly get to his wife and his children, first scooping up the two young ones in his arms and then endowing the empress with a tremendous kiss.

"Welcome back, my loves!"

"Daddy, we [i]missed[/i] you!" Tybalt cried over Arya's polite "It is so good to see you, Father," and Julyet's happy cooing. It was difficult for Kiera to get a word in edgewise. "I'm so glad to see you safe and well," she finally managed, and kissed him again.

He chuckled. They all couldn't be more unique if they tried. He loved it.

"I can't believe you pulled this off..." he murmured, "but I was so terribly worried. You weren't supposed to go into hiding unless the battle went really bad, though I guess it was just your initiative." He shrugged. "We should head inside, there is still a lot of smoke in the air."

"You heard your father, darlings; inside," Kiera ordered, and the older children ran ahead. "So what, I was just supposed to sit here and let them destroy everything I loved?" She asked him, handing the baby over. "We had to go, and we had to try. We are lucky to have pulled it off. I'm sorry we couldn't tell you. Lucrecia was very secretive about it."

"You could have left a note," Iaius remarked. "But it's good what you did, if terribly risky. I am just glad everything worked out in the end, though the devastation is still terrible. Let's hope things calm down... and it is so very wonderful to see you again."

He looked at the baby. "Both of you."

"I wish you could have been there. It was really an....incredible....experience. I can't even begin to describe it."

"I...don't really know where there is. Was it the Vong homeworld?" Iaius asked.

"All I know is it had some deep connection to them and to the conflict. They said they learned from the planet that the had the wrong idea about things. It was that planet that saved us, more than anything."

"How fascinating," Iaius mused. "Still--knowing about the effects Alderaan and Caamas had on people, I suppose it's all together understanding. I should visit the world sometime, when relations have settled down."

"If they let you!" Kiera laughed. "How are things here? It looks bad."

"Well... it could have been worse. Apparently mo

15. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Combine, Grand Inquisitor Jean LeBlanc and Field Marshal Maximillian Veers

Imperial Palace, Bastion

Taking a second to recall the events of the past, he finally came back to a memory of hearing about the once princess making her way into a garbage chute on the first Death Star many years ago. Moving back to the security camera's. Jean began searching for hallways along the monster's path, looking for an obvious hole in the wall for which the Field Marshal fell into.

"I understand you Maximillian, i'll see about getting you out as soon as i find an entrance." replied the sith. Quickly his eyes found the location of the hole in which the Field Marshal must have jumped into. It seemed there were not too many garbage chutes in that area, but getting below that level would be a trick in itself. Using his own overide codes, Jean began to unlock all the matainence doors on that level, allowing access to the disposal.

"I'm unlocking the maintainence door now, stay put, i will be there as soon as i can."

Veers heard the tell-tell sound of an electronic door unlocking even as he turned his gaze in the direction of the rusted hatch. "Alright, but be quick. It will have noticed doors unlocking and I doubt it will be long before it realizes where I may be hiding," he replied and began to move toward the door.

He slipped into the murky water, keeping his pistol up high and the glowlight shining ahead of him. Veers slushed forward toward the door and climbed out onto the lip when he reached it. Veers heard movement behind him and glanced over his shoulder for the diagona he knew was there.

"And before the creatures in here decide I am a tasty snack," he added, spotting a eyestalk duck beneath the garbaged filled water.

Lowing the comlink to his belt, Jean instinctively changed the viewscreens to a different cooridor that the one he was currently viewing. Once the evidence of Veers' hiding place was gone, the Sith moved quickly towards the main doors of the room. If he was to find Veers, he would have only a little time to do so, and would have no room for delay.

Tag: LSA

16. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001

It was an odd thing, really. One moment Veers was free of the trash compactor, with Jean searching for safe passage, and the next, they were face-to-face. Jean possessed authority enough to manipulate the security system within Bastion's Palace to suit his purposes, and he had skill enough to track Veers where security cameras and other aids were insufficient. Together again they knew they had overstayed their welcome.

There was no further sign of Raum and the entire Palace seemed deserted. What trace of Intelligence's influence had within the capital and across the planet's surface, began to fade. Likewise, all sense and feeling that dark forces had been pulling the strings of puppets in a play too vast and elaborate to comprehend completely, began to disappear, before that, too, faded into nothingness.

Veers and Jean were free once more, but from who, or what, and for how long, they did not know. They were alive, and they had survived an encounter with a malicious evil. Few beings could claim having lived through an ordeal such as theirs, and fewer still kept a grasp on life after having set eyes upon the immortal servants of the greatest evil entity the universe had ever known.

[color=purple][b]NOTE TO ALL:[/b] We come to the conclusion of the climax and events for the Galactic Empire as far as this version and format of the [i]Integrated Balance f Power[/i] is concerned. Any players that wish to add a final summary piece and/or epilogue to reveal their character's activities for the time following this conclusion, feel free to either post or send me a private message. My hope is to finalise this thread in its entirely within the upcoming week, at which time a final post will be presented to close this long-thriving, and beloved faction thread.[/color]

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Jean's Ship - Near Bastion

As quickly as they had come, they had departed from the throne world of Imperial Intelligence. Maximilian Veers was glad to leave the planet for safer territory although no such place existed anymore in the galaxy. With the war against the Invaders still brewing over half of the Empire and Lucifer's agents causing chaos in the remaining half, the only places that looked inviting enough is either the Unknown Regions or the New Republic, neither of which he was willing to head toward.

Veers sat in the back of Jean's ship contemplating the events that had transpired over the last five months of his life. He had been tortured and humiliated, he had witnessed his only son's execution, he escaped death and the invasion of Garqi only to confront an evil beyond comprehension. And the entire time since his escape he had been unable to find Isard. The woman was just as slippery as oil and he wondered if he would ever find her.

He would have his revenge one day, that he vowed.

Veers reached back and grabbed a medical kit and while he thought about recent events he proceeded to mend his injuries. Most of them were burns caused by the fiery montrosity he had encountered, the rest were bruises from his dive into the garbage smasher and gashes from flying, burning shrapnel after the rifle had exploded. That he had yet to inform Jean about.

He ground his teeth into a piece of plastic meant to keep him from biting his tongue as he pulled the shrapnel from his face. He wondered what diseases and bacteria he had been infected with after swimming in the cesspool of sewage. Veers made sure to give himself enough antibiotic and immune system enhancement injections to help fight off whatever he may have contracted.

For the remainder of their trip in hyperspace until they reached a spacedock at Yaga Minor, he slept and tried not to dream. But like all restless minds, the dreams came and they came in a disorder undecipherable. He dreampt of his wife only to turn around and dream about Hoth. He dreampt of the monster and watched it turn into a Star Destroyer. He dreampt of Isard, of Piett, of Vader, of Palpatine and many others. He also dreampt of his children as they grew up under his guidance only to be saddened with the loss of his mother. But when his mind finally decided to settle down, only then did his dreams become coherent and pleasant.

He dreampt of Elaria and the life they could have together if only he chose to come home now.

When he awoke again, he was alone on the ship. Only a note from Jean told him that the Sith Lord was conducting business and that he would be back shortly. There was an endnote below the main message suggesting that he not stray far from the ship without informing him first. That only broke out a small smile from his lips. He had no plans of leaving the ship any time soon.

Veers climbed to the front passenger seat and sat down. He stared out the main viewport at the Imperial technicians busily working to refuel and repair other starships inside the massive hanger. He wished he could step outside and take a stroll around the hanger while they waited for the ship to be refueled but he still did not know what his position was in the eye's of the Emperor.

Was he a traitor or still the Hero of the Empire?

His only fear should he be a traitor was that he would never get to see his remaining child again. His relationship with Elaria would come to an end and he would be forced to flee Imperial territory or risk becoming a prisoner again. That only left him the choices of hiding in the Unknown Regions or seeking assylum in the New Republic. The thought troubled him.

His thoughts turned to Elaria and he began to wonder how she was fairing. If he were to come back to Coruscant as the Hero of the Empire, would she remember him since it had been so long since the last time they had seen each other? Does she love him or was she a part of the plot to capture him? He shook that thought from his mind

18. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    OOC: And so we have reached the end... :_|

[b]Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello[/b]
    [i]End of IBoP Summary[/i]

The recovery efforts were massive and time consuming, but there came a day when Kiera looked out the viewports of the Imperial Palace and couldn?t find a rebuilding project in sight. The planet had recovered just as the people always had, and probably always would. It seemed to Kiera that even a difficult obstacle, even the very worst, was a chance to grow stronger and develop a more positive life if one only approached it from the proper angle. If someone had told her, ten years ago, that she would one day be Empress, with a husband and family of her own, she would have scoffed at the very idea. But here she was, a wedding, children, various crises and a galactic invasion later, still alive and stronger for the experiences.

The years continued to go by, as years are prone to do, and first Arya and then Tybalt reached school age and were sent daily to receive the very best education on Coruscant. Kiera cried (though not in public, of course) when Arya attended her first day of school, and teared up when Ty followed suit, but by the time Julyet began classes, Kiera was happy to enjoy five days of week of semi-relaxation while the children were away. In the late afternoons, she and Iaius would personally instruct them in various topics suitable to the children of the royal family, or bring in specialized tutors for etiquette, music, or any other topics the children took an interest to. Julyet?s utter destruction of a priceless Alderaanian vase with her bow and arrow put the practice of archery to a temporary end, which caused innumerable conflicts in the household since Tybalt was still allowed to practice his sport of choice ? fencing ? with his father.

Kiera and Iaius? children grew into a band of generally respectable, well-educated young people, led by the prim and proper Arya Padme, which was hardly a surprise to anyone familiar with her. Ironically, she was not to be the one to eventually lead the Empire, and Iaius was forever after her to magically transmit some of her grace and poise to her rebellious younger brother. Tybalt Napoleon seemed more interested in swords, ships, and subverting the status quo than leading an empire. There were whispers that the boy took after his mother, though she would never admit it.

But even he was nothing compared to little Julyet Estella, who seemed to be a product of the most wild characteristics her two parents possessed. At age four she declared, to Kiera?s utter astonishment, that she would ?henceforth wear no skirts? and stole her brother?s trousers until her parents relented and had the tailors make her several pairs of her own. She liked any sport that gave her the chance to shoot or otherwise damage things, making trouble for her teachers, and sneaking off at all hours to wreak havoc in the Palace. Most abhorrently, she despised her older sister, as girls of that age will do, and Kiera could only sigh and wait for them both to grow out of it.

So Kiera watched them grow, and found time on the side for her own projects and social activities. She remained close friends with Lucrecia, and, of course, her cousin Randal. The families would often picnic together on holidays, and sometimes they would have a ?grown ups? night out? and relive stories of years past. Kiera?s favorite occasions were the annual balls, where the elite of the Empire filled the grand halls of the Imperial Palace and she got the first dance with her husband. The eyes of every person in the room fixated on them, little knowing that their Emperor and his Empress were whispering not words of love, but quiet jokes about their guests (though sometimes Kiera would slip an ?I love you? in just to see Iaius smile radiantly). Of course there was always a new gown and jewels in honor of the event, and the elegance never failed to thrill her.

Kiera often reflected upon how lucky she was to have Iaius. Their relationship had been rocky from the very beginning, and often she

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    To: The Players of the Galactic Empire Faction of Integrated Balance of Power

Congrats on ending this truly fun and never ordinary thread. During my tenure heading the New Republic faction, I always had to keep one eye on the Core Worlds, lest a Imperial fleet deploy and start wreaking havoc across the faction that I had been busy rebuilding. :)

I would seriously and genuinly like to thank GrandAdmiral Jello and Mitthy for their kindness to me, both as a member of this faction and as a member of the opposing faction. When I first stumbled into IBoP years ago, I was struck by the core of professional players that lead it. The two aforementioned, as well as notables like NaboosPrincess and Thok impressed me greatly. In many ways, I tried to model my own method of running the NR and GMing in the mold of the examples you all have provided.

I recall the first time I recieved a AOL IM from your little chat group. Despite the fact I was a newcomer, you all welcomed me in with warm words and open arms. That, more than anything, made me feel that I was a part of the game. I want to give a special thanks to Mitthy in that regard, who in helping me develop my Imperial Character, Lysander Martz, helped me expand my own ability to RP, especially in terrestrial combat situations, which was my greatest weakness. All of you made my own experience in this game very positive.

It is also fair to say that you all provided the catayst I needed to rebuild the New Republic faction. My constant fear of attack or infiltration pushed me to RP in a higher level, and gave me the will to reorganize the faction, build new fleets, add new worlds, and recruit new players. So, I persoanlly thank the Empire for saving the New Republic. :D

Anyways, I just felt that it was appropriate to share my feelings with all of you as this thread comes to an end. Thank you for making my participation in this game so much more memorable, as well as enjoyable.

--Adm. Nick

=========================================================

Now, to end my only Imperial character...

IC: Commodore Lysander Martz

Garqi, following the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war

Walking down to old road to his families home, Martz felt a sense of relief and joy. He had been fighting Yuuzhan Vong fleets in the Core while his homeworld suffered attack from the Vong. Damage to the once peaceful pastoral world was high, with the few major cities having suffered the brunt of the attack. Casualties were estimated at nearly 30%, meaning that there was not a family on Garqi who did not lose a loved one or friend.

Seeing his old home brought a tear to his eyes. He had not been back since his visit with Field Marshal Veers, which seemed like a lifetime ago. His good friend the Field Marshal had become a part of the Martz family. He had even seen to it that the Martz's had made it off planet before the attacks. His care would not be forgotten. As he rounded the last bend of the road, Martz stopped. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath through his nose. The smell of the air- rich, clean, slightly of good earth and soil- entoxicated him. His fathers fruit vines were coming in good, with the promise of a good harvest.

Waiting for him on the porch were his two parents, Orsino and Olivia. Despite the fact that he was a adult now in his thirties, the weary commodore dropped his bag and ran to his family.

It was good to be home.

TAG: No one

--Adm. Nick

Thanks for the memories, LightSide. :)

LSA :) Edit: Just removing some "='s"

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Veers: "Bah. Totally the opposite of what we wanted. We'll just have to rethink our strategy, won't we Commodore Martz?"

21. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    CONCERNING THE END: It should come as no surprise that events within the Galactic Empire have slowed considerably over the past few weeks. That is not to say that what progress has been made has not been tremendous, for I've noticed a solid attempt to wrap up certain story arcs. What you may or may not realise, is that the opportunity to post conclusions and final summaries is not the end of all things, but nor is it an invitation to start whole new scenarios to carry on indefinitely. In the days ahead, final posts will be made to formally conclude this faction. After that time, any late additions will be welcome within the Smaller Factions Thread of IBoP.

My advice and recommendation for players is to wrap up their present scenarios, where possible in some form of summary. Should they have unfulfilled wishes, they are more than welcome to post or refer to those IC. These areas can, and probably will be explored at some future point, but at present I feel they will only detract from what is necessary at this time, that is, a formal, and fitting ending for us all to remember.

The Galactic Empire has been, and always will be remembered for being, one of the greatest and influential groups within the entire RPG. It has been filled with a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows, of drama and politics, love and war. So, let us remember it for that, and all else that it offered us.

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    IC as Kane Lavos, the Emperor's chambers, Imperial Palace

He abruptly fell silent, as if something else had whispered a secret that only he could hear, diverting his attention from the esoteric conversation to something more eternal, more divine.

His eyes seemed to fade as they locked onto the Emperor, himself guarded and distant. Lavos had been aware of the Emperor's split attention, Iaius was a being of enormous Force potential, and was obviously using that to keep track of the battle overhead.

The part of him that was still Kane Lavos anguished internally as he regarded the mastery of the plan that was both his and repulsed him. For Ki An Robesu had counted on exactly such a reaction from the Emperor.

Controlling every variable, aware of all outcomes, prepared for any eventuality...the aura of infaliability become in of itself the greatest weakness of the infidel Emperor.

Kane Lavos' eyes filled with pity, and for a moment that was both bliss and torment, he once again felt what it was to be alive.

For with all the attention the Emperor placed on events above, and on this conversation and on his fleets and on running a War, he ignored that which posed no threat.

Seemingly.

He wouldn't notice the nothing that the Force did not notice that wasn't coming from the Yuuzhan Vong and wasn't coming from Lavos.

He wouldn't notice the danger beneath, the danger the last vestigal of Lavos had attempted to warn the Imperials about when he had attacked Hargroves, carving into his chest...

From beneath you it devours...

"My Emperor, know as you regard me and consider the odd repulsion in the Force that I have become, the true nature of what you see. Kane Lavos is dead, he was killed by an enemy greater than the Yuuzhan Vong and yet became their servant through an ignominous wrenching back from the beyond. He was killed by your true enemy, the Dark Side, that even now seems to be teetering on the edge of defeat around us. But this does not absolve you from danger. What you see before you is the image of Kane Lavos plucked by the Yuuzhan Vong from the mind and corpse of the man that now calls himself Ki An Robesu. He is the architect of all you now behold, a constant torment for the shattered mind that was once Kane Lavos."

He marched foward, ensuring that as much as Jello was able, he would focus from the battle above and regard Lavos with all his available intent.

Kane Lavos' face changed to one of infinite sadness, as he regarded his former liege. "I am lost to madness, and will soon know again the darkness. But he wanted you to know this. He fought hard my Emperor. I fought so hard, but I couldn't, he couldn't fight them, it was not so much a struggle as a captivity, my mind was not my own, they stole his mind, they..."

His eyes clenched closed, and he bent low. "He wanted to apologise my lord. I've failed you."

His eyes opened one last time to gaze finally on his Emperor, as the rumbling in his mind matched that of the Palace rooms, as the best covered the final few klicks in a frightening flash of seconds and surged up to consume all.

The Ychna hatched below the surface of the world had raced to the signal pulsed by Kane Lavos, and shot up through below the palace, devouring in its cavernous mass perhaps the most loyal examples of Imperial Splendour the galaxy had ever known.

Ki An Robesu drew back from the War Coordinators embrace snarling, disbelief on his features. Shocked by the sudden resurgance of the infidel within, he felt gauled by the betrayal from within his mind.

The War Coordinator drew back as it sized up what had happened, before one sickly yellow eye regarded him with malice.

"No..." Ki An demanded, as he watched a tentacle raise high.

"NO!" He shouted, turning to look to the warriors in the hovel puzzled by the by-line before them. A tentacle skewered him through the stomach and drew him close to the beak-like maw of the coordinator, the yellow eye boring into him.

Ki An attempted to struggle desperately, before a strange c

23. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Members of the mighty and long-standing Galactic Empire, I'd like to offer a few words as we bring this faction, in as far as its present role in this great story, to a close.

First, and foremost, I should probably make formal an announcement that you've probably always known the content of, but those around you have not, that being, that you have been put through some of the most difficult and challenging trials of any other faction since the very beginning, when the Balance of Power began. My reason for this was simple, I learned rather quickly that the Empire had attracted a group of experienced Role Players who, for the most part, were already Imperial at heart, so, I thought it appropriate to level the playing field.

GrandAdmiralJello, you were the Emperor of this great faction before you even joined it. The role seemed to welcome you, and you it, like Cinderella to her glass slipper, or, more appropriately, a king to his custom-fit crown. Unfortunately for you, that position attracted some of the most difficult trials of all. I wanted you to earn your position, before you ever attained it, and then all the more once you had it within your grasp. That you kept with it, even when faced with a disadvantage or seemingly impossible challenge, is a testament to your perseverance and the success you've received because of it. I hope you grew and learned from the many tests and trials I set before you, and I wish to thank you for rising to meet each and every one of them. It has been a great learning experience for me, and an enjoyable one.

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, I'll never understand your eternal resolve and eagerness for a good ground assault or battle on the soils of the galaxy's diverse planets. Needless to say, your passion for role playing and, especially, both character and plot development, has been, among other things, inspirational. Characters such as Gregory Thane, and Striker have been among my favourites, even if I did not like their loyalty (or disloyalty as it sometimes seemed) to the Empire, just as their uncanny ability to ruin or foil my plans to keep them under control. I will never forget the way you brought Maximilian Veers to life, out from his brief role in the Empire Strikes Back, into a long-standing and mature character that all of us can admire and learn from. It has been a pleasure playing alongside, with, and against you. If Jello, through Iaius, has been the head of the Empire, then you have been its heart. Without you, there would be no circulation, and no life.

Protege-of-Thrawn, as you might have guessed, I've found it a challenge to keep you both interested and yet also on your toes. While I do not know that I had to make the effort, or whether or not I succeeded, I would do it all again with a mixture of smiles and expressions of both panic and distress. You, more than anyone else, have expressed such subtle eloquence and style in a class of your own that I've found it a contsant battle to keep up with you, let alone seek to get ahead and deliver some surprises of my own. If ever Imperial Intelligence was to be personified, it would be through you. I know not of your passions or loyalties, except to believe they are to bring out the best in all of us, especially those who have already risen to great heights, by testing us with fire and things more dangerous still. You have a unique way of keeping us all grounded, or buried, as they case might be. To this day, I think your skill as a player remains unmatched throughout the entire ranks of the Empire. May your long-term vision, and masterful web of planning for events, remain with you not only in their application to great games such as this, but the life you live.

Thok, without a doubt, you've brought the most unpredictable, and, perhaps the most lovable characters to the Galactic Empire through Jean and Randal. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them both grow and develop, from Jean's days as a Sith Lord in training, to his time serving within Imperial Intelligence, just as I have Randal's from be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.