main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena [Game] The Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice win, PG.

Man, was Shaq a disappointment this competition.

Good luck in the playoffs, all. The band of unrepentant gunners heads home.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it's probably more the group that shaq was with more than shaw himself. putting him with a bunch of runners, he's just going to slow them down. on a methodical team he's a lot better, i'd think.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just a slight tweak for the game 1. good luck tunes!

pg: steve nash (32 minutes), russell westbrook (10 minutes), lebron james (6 minutes)
    sg: tracy mcgrady (39 minutes), george gervin (9 minutes)
    sf: lebron james (34 minutes), (carmelo anthony 14 minutes)
    pf: shawn kemp (20 minutes) dirk nowitski (28 minutes), amare stoudemire (0 minutes)
    c: david robinson (38 minutes), artis gilmore (10 minutes), (yao ming 0 minutes)

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm keeping my depth the chart the same for game #1, since I've been winning more lately. It's going to be exciting, tom! The Forum is just about full, the fans waiting for this series to start... and as they wait, this happens:

:p :D.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Depending on how bad my commute is in this wonderful snow tonight, I should be able to get game one simulated tonight.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Boston Garden, in Boston, Massachusetts ...

Bruce willis vs. L.A. Courtsiders

A clutch fourth quarter, highlighted with staunch defense has given Bruce willis an early edge in this series.

Great defense from Bruce willis kept the Courtsiders from scoring a field goal for nearly four-and-a-half minutes, including over three minutes without scoring a single point, and sealed the game. That stretch saw Bruce willis expand their lead from 3 all the way ten.

And, while and Earl Monroe dunk brought the Courtsiders back to within two with 4:34 to go, they didn't quite have the energy to get back to level. Twice more, L.A. would get back to within two, but they could never tie it up or take the lead. Twice, L.A. had a shot to tie it up. Kevin Durant missed a shot with 2:29 left, and Kevin McHale missed again less than thirty seconds later.

Bruce willis wouldn't give L.A. another shot at it.

David Robinson scored a game-high 29 points, and added 9 rebounds and 6 blocks on his way to yet another player-of-the-game performance. Tracy McGrady added 24 points, LeBron James chipped in 11 points and 12 assists, and Shawn Kemp threw in 15 points and 12 rebounds.

Magic Johnson lead the way with 16 points and 10 assists, and Earl Monroe added 18 points for L.A. in the losing effort.

The two teams will meet in a rematch next, with Bruce willis having a chance to punch their ticket to the finals with a win.

Final Score: Bruce willis 119, L.A. Courtsiders 109

Full Play-by-Play

Box Score:

[​IMG]

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Either of you two want to make a tweak to the lineup? If so, post it. If not, post that. tom DarthTunick

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'll keep mine the same for game 2.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

L.A. Courtsiders revised (Part III) depth chart:

PG: Johnson (37)-Frazier (11)
    C: Olajuwon (36)Reed (12)
    PF: McHale (30)- DeBusschere (18)
    SF: Durant (22)-Wilkins (20)-Horry (6)
    SG: Monroe (24)-Mullin (16)- Goodrich (8)

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Wow. Looks like this time around, Robinson outclassed Olajuwon.

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    That's not possible. Robinson isn't even a top 20 center.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i think what i said was top 10 yak.

and i don't think robinson ever really outclassed hakeem IRL. maybe had some more even games, but i don't think it was ever like when hakeem just destroyed robinson in the playoffs. or basically this.

i find that particular outcome (just those two) to be rather dubious.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    here you go buddy.

notice in regular season games against each other their stat lines were almost identical. it's startling how even they were in fact. the big difference, 30 wins for the spurs, 12 for the rockets. unfortunately they only met that one time in the playoffs, and yes in that series hakeem was at the absolute peak of his powers. no one would argue that he wasn't unstoppable in that series. but to base your entire argument on such a small sample size is ridiculous. i'm curious, how much did you watch these two play?

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i do believe i said that robinson never destroyed him statistically. i can see exactly once where there was a major point disparity in favor of robinson before 2000. i may have missed one or two, but the majority of the large point disparities go in favor of hakeem. he pretty consistently outscored robinson, maybe not by much at times but it is consistent. same for out rebounding him before 2000. during their primes there was never a point disparity like the one shown in the sim that favored robinson like that.

soooo... pretty much what i said still stands tom. you pretty much just backed it up for me.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if your only point is that hakeem was better, well duh. i've agreed with that from the beginning. doesn't mean that robinson wasn't a top ten center or incapable of beating hakeem on a regular basis, occasionally even dominating. 30-12. oh your point is that hakeem could never have a bad game? did you see the one in 1996 when he went 4-12 for nine points? pretty close to his stat line in this sim. robinson didn't even need lebron and kemp as help defenders to make that happen.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    no, what i said was that there were almost no instances of robinson completely destroying hakeem before 2000. i believe i looked at that game, and robinson didn't exactly light it up either points-wise. and the majority of those dominant performances were hakeem's. and it's really not even close. basically, the result from the sim was something of an outlier when you look at when they actually played each other. that's why i find it somewhat dubious.

18. IntyMobile

IntyMobile Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2009
    Nope. You said top 20.

Also - stuck at work late. Sneaking on to post that. Should have time to get the game 2 sim up tonight.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh. ok. yea. i admit that was stupid. i don't know what i was thinking.

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i would be up for joining a future nba draft. not so much any other american sports.

inty: do they do football(soccer)?

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They don't do Association Football in SimMatchup/Dream Teams. They do have it available in the (paid) dynasty game. Maybe in future they will make it available.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts ...

L.A. Courtsiders vs. Bruce willis

Bruce willis left little doubt in this game, as they punched their ticket to the final.

They were up nine barely over six minutes into the game.
    Up 8 at the end of the first quarter.
    The lead was 23 at the half.
    27 as we entered the fourth.
    And a 6-0 run to end the game over the final minute was just pouring salt in the wound.

LeBron James scored 26 points, added 7 assists, 4 rebounds, and 5 blocks on his way to player-of-the-game honors. He was the leader among five players on Bruce willis who scored in double figures. Tracy McGrady added 24 points and 8 rebounds, David Robinson scored 17 points, Steve Nash scored 16, and Dirk Nowitski scored 13 off the bench.

Bruce willis shot a scorching 59% from the field and an astounding 58.3% from long-distance. That, combined with a 49-35 edge in rebounding allowed them to bury the L.A. Courtsiders.

Kevin McHale lead L.A. with 10 points and 10 rebounds, while Magic Johnson added 14 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds.

Bruce willis now moves onto the finals, where they will either get a rematch against Midland City Gutless Wonders, who swept them in group play, or take on Honey Nut Cheerios.

Final Score: Bruce willis 129, L.A. Courtsiders 96

Full Play-by-Play:

Box Score:

[​IMG]

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    good game tunes. i'm really surprised it wasn't closer. on to the finals!

25. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Same same for us.