main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads! (NHL Discussion, Stadium Series Season!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    That article is awesome, Baron. The price of Islanders tickets is insane, to be honest. Last night I saw a Jets game from the first level of Giants Stadium for $70. The same seat for an Islanders gmae would cost me $120. $120!!! Ridiculous.

2. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    $120!? What the hell are they thinking?

And I forgot to link the article, but the Post's website has weird urls. If you liked that article, you should read Larry Brooks' Slapshots column every Sunday online or in print. He always lets Bettman have it (I can't believe the guy has had his job for this long).

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I must be dreaming....the Leafs won. :eek:

Thank you, Lord. [face_praying]

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Why can't the Ducks just LOOSE?!?!?! :mad:

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  6. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Well they're just...really...good. Face it, sharks aren't as good as the Ducks this season. They'll at best be 4th in the standings.
    Also, Flames beat the Wild 5-2, ouh yeah! [face_dancing] And the Oilers lost to the Preds so the Flames gained some. They're two points away from the Division lead with two games in hand against the Oilers and Wild so things are looking good! Although now starts a 6-game road trip so it's only gonna get more difficult.

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    My rage has only decreased my spelling abilities further.

It's great having the 3rd best record overall, and still only 4th in the West. :p

8. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    :oops:

9. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    And now the Ducks beat the Thrashers 2-1. You guys better get used to this.

10. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils and Bruins tonight in Boston again. Devils played Buffalo the other night and ended their 5-game win streak. They played good in the first but made some mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd costing them as they were down 3-0. They scored 2 goals in the last minute of the 3rd, bringing my hopes up a little, but the buzzer sounded and they lost 3-2. Buffalo gave the Devils their 2nd loss at home this season making their record 11-2-1. Here's hoping for a good game tonight, and maybe another 5-1 beating.

11. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Stupid penalties aside, it's good to see Lundqvist find himself since the Islander debacle. The Rangers are on a bit of a roll, and it's about time we won in Dallas.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Yeah, that game was embarrassing.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Is the press howling for the coach's blood yet? In Toronto, I mean...

14. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    It's too early for that, they did after all start the season really well and they're still in the playoff hunt.

15. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, Devils lost to the Bruins 5-3 the other night. Wacky game. Marty had the night off, so Clemmensen got a chance to play. He wasn't that bad, however, it was a little disappointing start when he gave up the first goal not even 5 minutes into the game on a shot from the blue line. Elias, Langenbrunner and Rupp scored the only 3 goals. Devils did something they don't normally do which cost them the game, is they took too many penalties. We are 11-2-1 at home and 6-9-1 (That west coast trip killed us) on the road.

Going to the game tomorrow against the Red Wings. Looking forward to it. I'm glad Marty had the night off last night, as he'll be playing tomorrow and against the Rangers Sunday night. I'm hoping for a good game.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    No one's talking about Maurice. All the talk is about Sundin and whether or not he should be traded. Oddly enough, he had three points tonight.

17. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Oddly, I had the same thought before the game as well.:p

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    lol @ the Rangers

:)

19. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    LMAO literally @ Rangers 9-2 loss

Devils played Detroit this afternoon and I was at the game. Pretty interesting turnout in attendance. Big crowd, I think the attendance was somewhere around 15k-18 or 19k? Somewhere in there. It was definitely better then what I've seen of Devils home games and the crowd was into it, Devils fans and Wings fans alike. It was disappointing not seeing the Devils pick it up at home knowing they have that 11-2-1 record, with the loss today they make it 11-3-1. They lost 2-1 when it really would've been something around 6-1 if Marty didn't kick *** in goal. The Devils again took too many stupid penalties in the 3rd. They played ok in the 1st, a little better in the 2nd but it went downhill in the 3rd when the penalties came. They had a 6-on-3 chance at the very end of the 3rd to tie it, unfortunately the faceoff ended up being in the neutral zone which screwed us. Anyway, time to move on and hope for a better tomorrow, literally.

I really hope we pick it up and kick some *** tomorrow night against the Rangers in the garden.

20. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Yeah, that must've been a franchise record or something. =D=

As for the Leafs, every mediocre dog has his day. Call back when you can at least come within striking distance of the Canadiens in the standings. No wonder everyone in Canada lols at you.

21. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    [face_dancing] SHAAAAAAAAAAARKS!!![face_dancing]

Sharks beat the Ducks 4-3 tonight! They were down 0-2 until early in the 2nd when they scored two goals in three minutes.

22. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Well done by the Sharks.=D= Maybe the Pacific Division will be a tight one after all.

But the only noteworthy game of last night was of course Calgary's 6-3 win over phoenix. yeah i know it's phoenix but it's still a convincing win with Iginla getting 2g+2a. SOON Calgary will take the Northwest Division lead.:cool:

23. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I don't know why you keep getting on us for attendance problems when I'm pretty sure there are other teams around the league that have this problem as well. Just because you have something against the Devils doesn't mean everything is our fault. The game I went to yesterday was excellent in terms of attendance, as I said, and I wish it was like that for the rest of the season for home games.

The Devils really need to work on getting their offense together and defense as well. They let Detroit carry the puck in way too much. Their winning and losing has been a little inconsistent. Win 5 games, then lose 3 games then win 5 again then lose again. they haven't been that great this year, and I'm hoping they start to pick it up as soon as possible. When this team is hot, they are incredible, and I'm hoping something will spark.

24. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    I seem to be smelling smoke in the air.o_O [face_laugh] I personally don't follow how well different teams do with their attendance records.

25. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    After losing yesterday to the Wings, I wasn't expecting much against the Rangers tonight. There were two goals that had to be looked at before being counted. The final tally was 6-1. The Devils really took advantage of the Rangers, who I think were still a bit down from yesterday's 9-2 loss against Montreal. Either way though, while Weeks stopped a few good chances, the Devils pounded him.

IMO, they had a lot better control in their own end and had better puck movement breaking out. Brylin, who I haven't seen score much, got 2 tonight which is great for him. Lagenbrunner got one off a deflection from a Ranger stick, Elias got 2, and Parise got one. Devils really needed this game coming off their 3-game losing streak. I'm only hoping things get better for them and have a good game against the Thrashers at home on tuesday night.