main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gators or Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by MetalDuck, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    The Gators spanked the Buckeyes and not just a little bit, they sodomized them with a chainsaw. Serves the naysayers right, it's time to eat your words with shards of broken glass.

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Hahahahahahaha. Way to go Mr. Heisman with your 36 yards and your team's 80-something total.

So Give a Cheer for the Orange and Blue,
    Waving Forever!
    Forever Pride of Old Florida,
    May She Droop Never.
    Well Sing a Song for the Flag Today,
    Cheer for the Team at Play!
    On to the Goal,
    We'll Fight our Way for
    Florida!

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I was just watching a video on ESPN.com of Troy Smith talking at the post-game conference, and I will seriously remember this quote for awhile:

"If we come up short, and this is the wrost thing that happens to us, then I'm pretty cool."

I love that statement because it reminds us no matter how much we all love football, it is just a game, and your are indeed doing pretty well if life if that's the worse thing that happens to you.

Truely a class act player. I applaud you Mr. Smith. =D=

4. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Gator sportsmanship. :rolleyes:

5. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Actually, I was reffering to the press/media that said the game would go the other way and that the Buckeyes were going to mop the floor with the Gators.
    It was not the nicest thing for me to write but the commentators, the polls and the armchair warriors mostly predicted an upset. I live in Gainesville and all season long people have been knocking the Gator "D." Then as soon as it was announced that the Gators were going to the Big Dance in Glendale the press started saying that Michigan should be allowed to play the Buckeyes... We all saw how Michigan had their egos handed to them just like the Buckeyes had their egos handed to them.

The Gators did what no other university has done and the Basketball and Football teams are both national champions. No one expected it to happen ever. The naysayers should be not only earing their words, but eating shards of broken glass peppered with crow.[face_dancing]

6. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Gators or Buckeyes?
    [image=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5843/sweetbitterbuckeyetearsge6.jpg]
    Don't forget the teary eyes.:_| [face_laugh] [face_beatup] [sucker_punch]

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    The O'Connell Center went crazy last night when they showed that poor little kid. We are heartless, spoiled, greedy bastards.

I agree Troy Smith is a class act all the way, but man the guy had like 6 total yards.

8. TheLighterSide

TheLighterSide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    That may have been the most dominating performance by a college football team in the national championship. I have never seen a defense make a good offense look that bad in such a big game. Congrats, Gators, see you at Commonwealth Stadium next year (and take it easy on us, will you?).

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I love how all the Buckeye fans have seemed to have disappeared at my school.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I IMed a Buckeye friend of mine: "That was one sorry showing last night"

His response: "no comment" "I'm going to take a nap"

I think he's still in denial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.