main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Gen] Quote du jour

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Where love rules, there is no will to power; where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other. -Carl Jung

2. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace. -Gaston Bachelard

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

4. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I like that quote SS!

For me, the highest level of sexual excitement is in a monogamous relationship. -Warren Beatty

5. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -Charles Dickens

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion. -Lin-Chi

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them. -Mahatma Gandhi

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Found this one particularly relevant, given the upcoming release of Episode III:

"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

9. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. -Brendan Francis

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends. -Alexander Pope

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    My country right or wrong; when right, to keep her right; when wrong, to put her right. -Carl Schurz 1829-1906, German-born American Senato

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    The eternal quest of the human being is to shatter his loneliness. -Norman Cousins

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    "The President has kept all of the promises he intended to keep." Clinton aide George Stephanopolous speaking on Larry King Live

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Our friends interpret the world and ourselves to us, if we take them tenderly and truly. Amos Bronson Alcott

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods. -Aristotle

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    When friendship disappears then there is a space left open to that awful loneliness of the outside world which is like the cold space between the planets. It is an air in which men perish utterly. -Hilaire Belloc

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. -Robert Brault

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    "We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    If I have freedom in my love, And in my soul am free,
    Angels alone that soar above, Enjoy such liberty. -Richard Lovelace

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    "There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher." Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964)

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the hell with you!"

-Conan the Barbarian, 1982

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    When Mozart was composing at the end of the eighteenth century, the city of Vienna was so quiet that fire alarms could be given verbally, by a shouting watchman mounted on top of St. Stefan's Cathedral. In twentieth-century society, the noise level is such that it keeps knocking our bodies out of tune and out of their natural rhythms. This ever-increasing assault of sound upon our ears, minds, and bodies adds to the stress load of civilized beings trying to live in a highly complex environment. - Steven Halpern

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music. -Billy Joel

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together, All things connect. -Chief Seattle

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    We have progressively improved into a less spiritual species of tenderness -- but the seal is not yet fixed though the wax is preparing for the impression. -Lord Byron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.