main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Gen] RMFF General Movie discussion forum

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Aug 11, 2003.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    From the interwebs:
    >>Because the movie shows its story from the perspectives of the Brits, French, Germans and Americans, it does use some subtitles, to translate French to English. Although the usage of subtitles may put some people off, people can be reassured as it doesn?t last long.
    >>

I have this one arriving via Netflix in the next day or so. Viewing party anyone? I can hold off on watching this one if people want to convene at Skywalker Ranch and watch.

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I wont be able to do a viewing party probably until after the holidays, too much still to do. ;)

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    SO i just realized that Avatar is at the IMAX. I would rather go there and see it in 3D. the one on colorado

4. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009

I have this one arriving via Netflix in the next day or so. Viewing party anyone? I can hold off on watching this one if people want to convene at Skywalker Ranch and watch.

I'd be up for a viewing. This weekend is bad but during the week is good for me.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll catch you at the meeting and we'll find a time.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    For those who are interested, I have the movie Inglorius Basterds (the Tarantino version) and will be showing it on Wednseday the 23rd at 6:30. Jomama, Grimby, nnay, and DH have expressed interest and all are welcome to pop over for some Christmas Eve Eve non-Christmas entertainment.

We'll have some pizza or other dinner stuffs and then start the movie at about 6:30.

PM me if you need directions to my place.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched IB last night. Great flick, I am sure you all will enjoy it...especially teh part with the baseball bat. [face_skull]

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Saw a preview for The Wolfman today at IMDB and I am VERY hopeful this movie won't suck. :D

9. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Inglorious Bastards is probably my favorite movie this year (barely edging out District 9), if only for two utterly fantastic scenes.

Chris and I have plans to see both Avatar and Sherlock sometime next week.

10. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    I may have to bow out due to weather. I will probably in the springs from Tuesday to Thursday plowing unless this storm totally misses us. We will get together in the near future if I can't make it.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ditto on the weather, not because i will be plowing though. :) hehehe

Hey some friends and I are going to see Avatar tonite at the Continental if you would like to go...7:20, digital 3D.

12. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Yes, good thinking. We don't want to have to go pick up any roll-overed cars and squeeze five people's skiing crap into our little Pontiac.

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    me too. didnt really think about it being christmas week

14. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Is there an Avatar thread and I'm just missing it?

This movie was FREAKING AMAZING. The story is one you've seen/heard before, but it is told well and the visuals are just freaking awesome. Honestly the most gorgeous film I think I have ever seen.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I have been thinking about bringing the Bean to see Avatar tomato, but I do want to get some feedback about how scary it is first.

16. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    If anyone's coming at 6:30 for the movie, let me know. We're still game :)

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I don't see how it would be scarier than harry potter.

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Thats what I am thinking...Half Blood Prince has some pretty scary parts and she was chill through the whole thing. I was crying but she was fine, patting me on my hand and everything. :rolleyes:

She has three of the happy meal toys and everytime a trailer comes on the tube she says she wants to go to the "teeter to see Avatar".

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Alas, due to bad weather everybody who expressed interest has canceled. If we moved Inglorious Basterds night to this Saturday night at 6 pm, would people be interested and able to make it?

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i would be interested, however i already have something going on that nite...hmmmm what about sunday?

21. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The ONLY thing that would convince me to see that is Jackie Chan...

They are remaking Red Dawn too. That movie was perfection! I don't know why they'd want to remake another good movie.

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the stuff i have seen for red dawn looks good so far. the chinese propoganda posters look cool.

the karate kid looks totally lame. will not see.

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd be much happier about this Karate Kid movie if they had written it more as an original story, rather than a remake of a classic film.

25. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Agreed, all. Also, The A-Team. I think my childhood is just about fully exploited. What could possibly be next? A MASK movie[face_sick] ? Silverhawks[face_talk_hand] ? Oh, wait I know...this

:_| :_| :_|