main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    So true...the picture is amazing

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I love the Death Star Canteen.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Agreed. TPM's Blu-Ray impressed me the most.

4. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Hello all. I hate mondays but I can tolerate this one since it's only a 3 day work week.:D PATS scored 59 points
    yesterday! Any Colts fans on these boards I can talk football with?[face_devil]

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Good morning GIL. :D And among the many things I like about last night's Laker game, this would atop the list:

6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I guess the rockets play defense like my Patriots.:p thank god we have a great offense.

7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good morning! Looks like everyone's talking sports again....

I don't rank the movies. I like all of them exactly the same. That being said, I do have a favorite; ESB. Why? That's my favorite depiction of Luke. Hamill nailed the character...plus it's kind of nice seeing Luke in a sleeveless shirt. :p

The only episode I would shrug and walk away from- or at least half-watch -is TPM, but not for the reasons others dislike it. I don't dislike the movie at all, it's just that my family must have watched it once a week while waiting for AOTC to come out; and then about five times a year afterward! I've got the entire thing memorized. Seen AOTC almost as often. I analyzed that thing to death while waiting for ROTS. Nowadays I still get drawn into the story if I'm watching it but defnitely can't miss the final battle with all the Jedi. For the most part I avoid the prequels because they make me cry...especially 2 and 3. To this day Anakin leaving his mom behind in TPM and then losing her in AOTC makes me tear up, and I cannot watch ROTS dry-eyed. :_| Heck I even cry at the end of ROTJ!

Yes, I'm a wimp. :p So sue me.

Oh, yeah...only one day left until Utah! This will probably be the last time I check in for a week, so I'll just wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving now. [:D]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    How could you possibly like all the films exactly the same? Seems odd to me.

STARBOB: There was about as much defense in the game as there are Laker themed bars in Boston. :p

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Tunick: I'm weird. That's how. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Good morning (not really :p) another Monday to start off the week of madness at work. Wednesday/Thursday/Friday will be so busy. Tunick I read about this Walmart strike thing on Black Friday. You doing that?

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Opening weekend for our show is DONE! Thank god those few weeks of tech hell are over.

... and now we get to start it all over to rehearse the ACTUAL show and not the backup-everything's-broken show, which is what we did for opening weekend. :(

And for your viewing pleasure, I'd like to show you my crew's new mascot:

[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I never would figure that Sea World had backup/contingency shows planned for such issues, Rachel.

Rox: At my store there hasn't been a single word or a whisper spoken amongst my fellow co-workers about such Black Friday shenanigans... I'll let the GIL know if that changes.

13. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Good Afternoon Everyone, My Rank 1- ESB, 2-ANH, 3-ROTJ, 4-ROTS, 5-TPM, 6-ATOC

14. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    i actually watched NH on Blu Ray last night, and wow, the picture and sound quality was awesome!!

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My original preference upon seeing all of the films in their original theatrical release was ESB, ANH, ROTJ. As someone who doesn't wear nostalgia-tinted glasses, my current ranking is ROTS, ESB, ANH, TPM, AOTC, ROTJ.

16. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    have yo
    u seen this one? http://www.the700level.com/basketba...ing-GIF-Will-Not-M?blockID=803819&feedID=8510

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  18. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    The new rumor is January , is this guy every going to play ?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He seemed so psyched to possibly be a Philly resident for years to come. I was at his press conference/introduction and he genuinely seemed to want this to work out. Now, I am 50/50 wondering whether he simply wants the contract to expire.

20. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    I thought about that too, i remember the press conference at the constitution center, he seemed all in, but now it seems like one thing after another

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He would have his face carved into the Philly sports Mount Rushmore and be the literal center of attention on a team that competes every year. I cannot imagine what would be unappealing, but he now has me thinking that he is staring at his calendar until free agency.

22. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    i hope that's not the case, but weird things happen to the sixers with centers,

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

That was open to the public?

24. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

May 23, 2002
    yes it was

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Interesting.