main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting a cast together for now SW project, how to do it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by AlphaTrion-TJW, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    Hey all, this may sound like a silly question, but seeing as there is more combined experience in this entire forum than I can tap within say 100 miles of me, I thought I would give a whirl.

How would you go about getting together a cast for a original sci-fi audio drama project? We're talking fan-audio level budget here (zero or very little cash to tap into). I've got some ideas I'm playing around with that I think might make for an interesting project, I'm just not sure how to go about getting a cast and crew together just yet.

Any advice.

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Easiest way:

Go to the www.galacticsenate.com "Fanworks and Fan Audio" board. Post a cast/crew call there, and once you lay out what you need, we'll post a news byte about the call on Fanworks and put a link to your cast/crew call in the Fan Audio Classifieds on the site. That'll tap into much of the fan audio community pretty quickly.

3. AlphaTrion-TJW

Sep 14, 2003
    Thanks, I was thinking something along those lines, but I wasn't to sure ofthe particulars. Pulling a cast together for anything is a new one on me. Hmmm, maybe I should look to someone to "produce" the thing while I stayed back in a writer/consultation role. YOu know stick where my strengths are

Well going on the fact that there is, unfortunately, very little local talent to tap into around here, I'm thinking it'd have to be a e-mail .wav file sort of deal.

4. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    what kinda actors are you looking for?

5. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    That's how most SW fan audio dramas have been done. Just stop by, post the call, and we'll get the ball rolling publicity-wise.

6. AlphaTrion-TJW

Sep 14, 2003
    Honestly, I'm not sure what or who I need right now. IT still pretty much in the idea phase and won't move out ofthat till life ease up a little around here.

7. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    well when it dose i'm your man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.