main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Grapevine Convention Discussion

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Is there anyway any of you guys can bring a stereo. Nothing to expensive, but just a regular stereo/cd player with AUX Audio inputs to hook up a VCR for sound?

2. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    About the flyers Morpheus, I ask and was told at the meeting that there was plenty leftover from the last Expo. Sorry I can't be there Friday to setup. Some of us people do have to work. :D Let me know OLDJEDI if you need any paperwork.

B

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I'll try to make it Sat/Sun. This has been an unusual week, so everything's up in the air....

4. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Brian, you wont see me tomorrow, and you wont see anyone there Sun sence the event runs till Sat night. ;)

I'm on my way! (Homer watching Wheel of Fortune)

5. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Sorry. I'm running on only a few hours' sleep for the whole week ;)

6. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Well.........I was going to be there in the morning when it opened but.........

I GOTTA WORK SATURDAY MORNING!!! :mad:

Just found out about it today. Why do people wait and give you a big job to do late Friday?

Hope to be there around noon to relieve anyone from table sitting. See Ya.

B

7. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Sounds like someone hasn't seen Office Space. ;) Great movie, and it tells you how to get out of annoying situations like that. :)

8. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Had a great day at the Expo. Got a lot accomplished, mostly by just sitting around discussing stuff. Had lots of fun. It wasn?t real busy today , but that was to be expected.

The Mayhews, always great folks, came and hung out with us for bit, and really, really liked the new DFW website which we had set up on my laptop. They even officially joined the club today through the power of my laptop. Got a few folks to join the club, via said laptop, and a few others to signup for our newsletter (again via that magic laptop.)

Jeremy BullochAKA the original Fett (since there will be a new one, stone) hung out with us for some time, and even watched TROOPS with us and had a grand ol? time. We had usual set up, TV, stereo system, music, fan films, trailers, etc?

At one point when we through in A NEW HOPE, I got this hankering for something cool. Brandon, mentioned something about Eric having that crazy look in his eyes, and everyone scattered because they didn?t want to be around when did what I wanted to do. I don?t see the big deal really. All I did was crank the stereo system AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE when the THX logo/sound came up. After that it got real quiet in the auditorium. But, no worries mate, no one got in trouble. I thought it was kind of cool. Everyone else thought I was kinda nuts.

After the show, a few of us (SithDaddy, Mrs SithDaddy, Kurgan1, Phillip, THXJedi, JediJarvis, and myself) went to the Legacy Cinemark for a viewing of ATLANTIS which was great. We all recommend it.

Well, that?s all for now. I must sleep so I get up for the show in the morning. See you all there! (You better be there!!!) J

9. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Word gentlemen. I had fun.:)
    dont know how many times i complained we didnt have a banner though..:)
    yes, we have a reason for being here people....
    Mr. Jarvis, lemme know how you wanna handle wednesdays event. i have to be at work around two, i think the place closes at 7 anyway. so give me a holler.

10. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Ok Scud. I'll get in touch with ya in a day or two.

See ya tomorrow (later today ;) ) if I can get offline and go to sleep! :^0

11. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    So how'd the Gameworks thing go? Anyone go? Any photos?

I got waaaaaaay too much stuff.. LOL! I could've gotten more but I really had to remember that at some point I have to finish my costume ($$) but it was difficult walking away from some of that stuff. I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to Plano or dreading it.. LMAO! ;) I went too long w/out buying stuff I tellya.. don't do that.. not a good idea.. LOL!

Hope everyone had fun.. as always.. it was good seeing everyone.. and hey! I even got to meet someone from the Georgia Garrison that my friend SithVixen told me about (the Imperial officer who was watching the trailers at the DFF table) - didn't even know he would be here and I spotted him right when I walked in. Never know who you'll bump into at these things ;) heheheh.

12. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Hello Boyos!

Well, it was first function as a member, and it rocked! Even though I missed most convention, I got to meet my fellow Jedi and watch or experience the "holiday special!" Oh the horror! Could see Leia's coke lines on her nose. Of course that could explain the reason why she did "Life day" I still have nightmares! Let me say, that it was great hanging out with everyone. And of course, when I raced BOBA FETT, that was cool! "Now this is pod racing!!" I was wondering if anyone had the photo of me and Jeremy racing, my wife wants to make a scrap book page of it. Please e-mail me @ foldsect@hotmail.com. Thanks
    To everyone, It was cool and thanks for making it a great Staurday of me and my daughter. See you soon! Old-master as spoken

13. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey old-master, sorry I wasn't there to meet you but you will certainly have to make it to more FanForce outings. I think we should all get together for A.I. on opening day.

James

14. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Sounds like a event to me! My wife seemed uninterested in A.I., so I just figured that I would rent it. However, seeing A.I. with fellow jedi seems like the way to go! The old-master as spoken.

15. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    In my best Kramer impression:

"Count me in on this."

:cool:

16. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Oh sure, plan all of these events when you KNOW I'm going to be 1,500 miles away. Bastards. ;)

I am so entirely stoked that the show went so well. I have nothing but optimism that Shreveport will be just as great of a time, and I will be back in the loop for Galactiafest 2K1 in July.

Two snaps to YOU. One, you're in. Two, you're laminated.

17. jedimiss

jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey wait! I was there and I didn't see ya old-master, what gives?? Anyways...I loved the convention. I bought a really cool sword for a really really great price!! I was so excited I could hardly stand it. Now I can practice all of those Highlander moves in the comfort of my own home.

...There can be only ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Wow a female Brandon! A match made in heaven! :)

19. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    NOOOO!!!! Please tell me you didn't buy one of those Highlander katanas. I know they were really cheap, but they're very poorly made. If you got one, it's nice to look at, but please don't swing it around!!! Seriously, I've handled those kinds before and they will come apart. Dangerous stuff ensues.

FYI, anything you could ever want to know about Highlander swords (what kinds are official, which are worth the money, etc.) go to http://www.angelic.org/highlander/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.