main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gravy Train Is Over Folks!

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I've been getting a lot of flak lateley from mostly people who haven't been active for awhile in the group-mostly indirectly, and I find it all so coincidental with the new directives that are going to make us a "real organization". This group has of late been accused of "elitism" when for the last three years the bulk of the financing of our operations has been financed by the same alleged "elite group"....and NOBODY COMPLAINED BEFORE! Bottom line is...I love you guys, but the inception party is over...The "gravy train" is over and it's time for people who want to be a part of this ever-expanding group to take ownwership in it!
    Second: I have found that the people who complain the most generally contribute the least.
    Third: The new dues structure is in effect as of September with MONTHLY treasurer reports...SO ANYONE WITH SUSPICION ABOUT THE "ALCOHOL FUND" can inspect it with the deepest scrutinity....then kiss my Bantha Horns!...Because there is NO ONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED AS MUCH TIME, ENERGY, VISION,AND MONEY INTO THIS GROUP THAN ME!!
    Fourth: Some events you may have missed lateley but were "unconveniently" aware of:
    (1) Character Generation in June
    (2) Darth Vader World Tour Photo In July
    (3) Costuming and Prop Event in July
    (4) 12 of us are planning a momentous event to Dragoncon! (Is that the elite group?...people who plan their long-term goals?)
    (5) Sorry, There have been no funds or energy for "FREE" parties including mass media entertainment, food, drinks,swimming,hot-tubbiing ($75 an hour) massage therapy, and booze...lately...alas...I am sorry if you feel "entitled" to these events yet feel alienated that they have not transpired as of late...I wasn't aware that we were covered under "affirmitive action"!

This is YOUR group. If you don't like it...you still made it...

:)

-AXE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.