main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive GreyJedi 125's Atellier ( 02/25/06 ) New Beginnings...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by greyjedi125, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, these new pieces are great, GreyJedi!! Wonderful poses, and great expressions on them all! I really, really like Rivi: his fierce, determined scowl, his pose, the way his robe is moving around him--excellent! Your "villain knight" is beautifully shaded, and the reflections of is sabers on his armor is just wonderful! Your "Scarlet Witch" is as appealing as the "White Wizard" from your previous post: the detailing in her costume and the fluidity to her pose really make the drawing (plus, she's just plain gorgeous!). You really have a great handle on a lot of different styles--and I admire that a lot! Great work! :D

FF

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I agree, that last image with the woman is quite strong. Beautiful, smooth hatching on the inside shadows of her cape, and I love how you drew her hair.

The image with the knight-looking sith is quite cool. I like the plume-thing you attached to his helmet. It would be cool to see this guy running around, with that trailing in the wind behind him.

Rivi has a great pose, and I love his Wolverine-ish haircut.

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Holy cow gj. I would start telling you what I liked the most, but that would be a long list. :p [face_plain]

My 2 favs out of everything was that manga looking thing you did, he kinda looks like a young Majin Boo from Dragonball. And the guy with the 2 red lightsabers crossed over his chest, there should be no question that I like that one. [face_devil]

Thanks for the visuals gj125, I shall definately be back. =D=

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm glad everyone is enjoying the pics. I've been a bit busy myself, but hopefully my schedule will clear up some,(busy, busy me). Btw, thanks again FalconFan, you always say the best things.

Wicktone, Despised1, I'll be adding a bunch of jedi, dark jedi and sith as soon as I get that darn lightsaber issue fixed ( any luck there, Corellian_Rogue? hehehe)

In the meantime, I manged to whip up another character for an RPG I'm in. I think the ladies will enjoy this one. ( and yes, those with a fine artistic eye will see the areas I had some problems with...) :p

Enjoy.

Iori

5. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Very nice drawings. They all look very natural. The colors are great.

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey, Genimay! thanks for visiting. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. :D

It's always nice to see my RPF buddies drop by!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice RP character, GreyJedi--once again, a nice, easy pose and wonderful coloring. I'm really taken with that "glow" you've put around him in the frame--sort of like an "aura" of some kind! What's his story, in the game? It's sometimes fun to have a bit of "backstory" to the characters--learn a bit more about them!

FF

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, GreyJedi, I have to say I am very impressed. I wish I could leave a better comment, but I am no good at drawing, so I really can't. I can only saw that you have a great talent, and I look forward to seeing more of your colorful, inventive artwork!

~Vassago

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ack!! Busy, busy, busy! Thanks for dropping by Darth Vassago, I appreciate the visist. :D

I'm still in my art lab decyphering the secrets to lightsaber rendering....hehehe. ( seems to be the best kept secret in the industry, just like lightsaber sfx )

Falcon Fan, to answer your question, Iori is a character inspired/ modeled after the super saiyans in DBZ, but with an interesting twist which will be revealed as the RPG progresses. There will be more pics of Iori as more is revealed in-game. :D

Alrighty, back to the art lab for me, I really hope to have an update for you guys soon-ish.

mtfbwy

10. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    I really can not wait for more Iori pics. Now I can picture him in my head when I'm RPing and when he(you) talk to Lera I can see more of the charater.

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hehehe, Thanks Genimay. My ambitious hope is to have group pics of the new 'X-men' characters as well as those of the Jedi in my other games. A tall order for sure, since I have very limited time, but I'll do all I can to see it happen.

12. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    That would be awsome. The X-men RPG is just to much fun and group pics would be amazing to see.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    GreyJedi, thank you for directing me here-- your work is beautiful! You seem willing to explore different mediums and many varied poses. It's very impressive.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks NP, It really makes me happy that you enjoyed some of my work. :D
    If others can smile for a moment because of it, then that's reward enough for me. hehehe.( Getting paid for it wouldn't hurt either.LOL) Well, this also reminds me that I need to update this, ASAP. Thanks for stopping by, tho.[face_blush]

15. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Very nice Grey...

Your use of color is very impressive, and your skill in the realism of your work is amazing. A writer and an artist, you certainly are a man of many hats....

Keep up the good work!
    -I_H

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Brilliant job. You know I'm already a fan of your art. :D

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GrandAdmiralJello, Imperial_Hammer, thanks for stopping by. Believe it or not, your words are very encouraging, so I am greatful for them. On that note, I'm heading back to the drawing board.( yet another experimental stage??)

Thanks again for your support.

18. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    I couldn't resist stopping by after reading NP's praise and I must say that I'm mightily impressed. While my understanding of art is rather impoverished, the sheer vibrancy of your work invokes a sense of energy that cannot fail to make an impact. I'm particularly taken by 'The Scarlet Witch', as she appears both lithe and compelling in a way that reminds me of high fantasy.

Keep up the excellent work - it's a pleasure to view.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your Wanda picture is as good a rendering of the Scarlet Witch as any I've seen, including work by professional comic-book artists. I got to give props to your inker too, his work is top-quality.

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    09/05/05_LABOR DAY UPDATE. ( kinda sorta )

Sai-Mera-Saa, wow, quite nice to see you. Thanks for your kind words. Now I really wish I was doing this full time. LOL!

soitscometothis, thanks man, I appreciate that comment. Breaking into comics seems such an uphill battle, but hey! that's one battle I plan to fight for a very long time. ( until I win :D)

In view of the positive response to the Wanda piece, I have no choice but to color her in! ( gulp....nervous now). Now I just gotta find the time to do it. hehehe!

So, folks....I've been sketching away, but seem to be having some kinda weird block when it comes to finished pieces.....gah! Not good. Anywho, After talking to several of my friends over at the RPG forum and seeing how one of the more memorable RPG's is soon coming to a close ( that would be IBoP, fyi ), my idea was to create a gallery of some of it's more notorious characters. As it turns out, there are waayy too many of those. In the end, I've been playing around with pics of Jedi from the Force Users faction. ( and darn it, lightsaber rendering still eludes me!! ACK!! )

Here's a study of two of them. Lord Twilight and Master Nizzal ( female twi'lek). They're somewhat rushed as you can tell. I blame the Sith and dark jedi that i'm now sketching..LOL. Needless to say, there's more following, hopefully before the next millenia.

Oh, and Iori is in this grouping strickly because he was getting lonley. ( was all by himself at the top of the page).

Gotta run. Thanks again all for visiting and your continued support. :)

Lord Twilight ( study)

Master Nizzal ( study )

Iori ( Xavier's)

POST LABOR DAY ART : ElvenGazer

Alrighty, I had only 4 hrs of sleep and spent most of the day on this here piece. It's a bit different for me, but it was a wonderful experience. ( It was literally stuck in my brain..hehehe). Overall, it's almost the way I envisioned it. A few things didn't come out quite right ( I'll be sure to nail the next one) :)

Enjoy.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Just thought I'd drop by to lend my support. And I too must say Wow. All of these pics are superb. It's nice to see Lord Twilight there- he's just like I imagined.

22. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    WOW! Your art is amazing! Both the Jedi are great. I also like the elf dide to. Iori is always a great art peice to look at. Can't wait for your futher works!!

23. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Greetings, Grey! Fantastic artwork here. I've come in before, but never posted. I really liked seeing Lord Twilight finally, but he was almost exactly as you've written. Together you're two skills astound me!

24. krnbanguboi

krnbanguboi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    Hey GRey. I lover your art. I love the coloring on your art.

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey there, thank you all for stopping by. Kalio, I'm glad you finally posted, is good to hear such fine comments from a fellow RPer. My goal is to do a portrait of all the Jedi characters in IBoP, RL willing...LOL. ( send a descript of Renkar to my PM box). ;)

krnbanguboi, I'm glad you enjoy the colors and the art. It is my hope that you and all that visit this gallery have a great time viewing the artwork posted here as well as throughout this great Art Forum. There are other artists here with far superior skills, so I encourage you to look around and be inspired by them just as they inspire me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.