main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grievous vs. Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Master_Ron, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    all i'm saying is - what was your immediate response the first time you saw grievous and RotS? mine was great to both. star wars are the only movies that are dissected to pieces. very sado-mas stuff going on to deliberately punish oneself to the point of non-enjoyment.

2. Daniera_Kenobi

Daniera_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    Personally, I love General Grievous. I loved him in the movie and the cartoons. However, I think that he was at his best in the novelization of ROTS. The duel between him and Obi-Wan is a lot longer, and a bit more satisfactory in terms of fighting. We also get a bit of a look at what goes on inside his head. And, if I'm not mistaken, he explodes. I was bit disappointed with the big Grievous burnout, after I was all hyped up about an explosion (heck, there's even an exploding Grievous action figure). But that doesn't stop Grievous from being completely cool. Sure, his fight scene could have been a lot longer, but all of them could have been.

3. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I've yet to hear Lucas confirm the cartoons as canon, so I'll negate any statements I have about them. As for Grievous in the films, what's so different from Anakin about his fighting style? 'Pick up on the first advantage' and run with it is a common manifesto between the two. We have to remember that Grievous embodies what Anakin is to become, both in physical aspect and in his flaws. Grievous went all out against a very paitient Jedi tactician. That's never good in any scenario.

As for the end of the fight, I think people just get bored with that part because the 'cool lightsabers' aren't in view anymore and downgrade Grievous because of it. We have to remember that they're aren't many foes who could harm a Jedi with such ruthless efficiency, and Grievous wouldn't have stood his ground had he not felt Obi-Wan was the proverbial vulnerable fruit for the picking. Had the blaster never been there Obi-Wan could still have won, but at what price we'll never know.

4. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Yeah, Grievous is a fine charatcer and all, but based on the action on his part in the films alone, he looks like a pansy. The Obi duel is better than I thought at first, but it still is mostly running away and a fist-fight, over dueling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.