main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Group Survey and Input

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I thought I would start a thread to see what everyone is interested in doing in the group setting. Some suggestions already stated include forming a book club, costuming club, toy club or some meetings geared toward those interests.

I am hoping we can boost our attendance if we could find out what everyone is wanting to do. So here is your big chance to have your voice heard...do you want to do more events (like last years Borders book signing) or do you want to sit around talking about current Sci-Fi shows? Curious minds want to hear from YOU!! :D

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Naturally you want to start a SW book club when I finally got out of buying every SW book imaginable. I'm more into comics nowadays. :p

3. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    The comics can be incorporated into a book club... ;)

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Fantastic, I've been looking for a forum in which to discuss how the transition from Geoff Johns to Adam Beechin on "Teen Titans" could be a rousing success if done right.

5. Lord_Tojo

Lord_Tojo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    I like the book club idea.

About the Sci Fi stuff, how about a movie topic. Like getting together to watch a new movie that is out or watch a pick of someone's that maybe everyone hasn't seen. Just a thought.

6. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    The book club is a good idea and I'd love to do another book signing. Maybe we can get Aaron Allston again or maybe even Zahn. :D

7. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    That would be nice to do Frank.
    Good Idea!

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh the movie idea is good, as is a book club. We have been talking about that for awhile.

I am glad to see the ideas rolling in! :D

9. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Maybe we could possibly incorporate fan fiction into the group club. Those who write could bring stuff they have finished or are working on and everyone could critique or help with writer's block. I don't write fan fic, but I am sure some of you might. I do enjoy reading it though.

Another idea with the costuming group, we could do a idea get-together. Everyone bring their books, pics, sketches, etc. Then get feedback on patterns to use, fabric to use, best way to make a certain prop (lightsabers, for instance). Maybe a a demonstration for how to make a certain prop, then everyone do the prop together (lightsaber, jedi belts for instance). There are so many things we could do with a costuming group. I love this idea!

I also like the idea of watching a Sci-Fi movie idea!

We are such a diverse group with varied interests and talents. It would be nice to get together and share. I do enjoy our regular monthly meetings, but we could do so much more!

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I like the idea of a toy club/ collector club, but I'm not sure what it should entail.

A wants/needs list for different members involved? Trade partners? Runs to flea markets and toy shows? I don't know.

I've had several members grab items for me over the past couple years, traded a few times. Mostly just paid them for what they grabbed for me.

Speaking of, where's shcook1138!?!?!

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I don't know Tim, those are good questions and I guess it would be up to individuals to decide how/what to do...I am just trying to come up with some ideas, and worrying about the details will come later. :p

And I have no idea what has happened to shcook....

12. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    My favorite meetings are the movie/dinner nights....or bowling....or whatever. I'm easy.:) But, you know, whatever everyone else does, I'll be there to hang out.

13. Darian_Ordo

Darian_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    We like the idea of the costuming club as well as a Fan Fic gathering. Susan and I both write fan fic so it would be fun to bounce some of our ideas off of others. I have already finished one full 200 page book and are working on four different ones right now. Susan on the other hand, can't get beyond page 4 of any idea she comes up because she can't come up with a good plot line to follow on any of them. She could really use some HELP!!!!

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    So right now, book and costuming seems to be the big thing. Let's put something together!

(oh and Amy...we will still do the other get togethers :D ) Matter of fact Amy, Leash and I were talking about forming a bowling league team. Who would be interested in that? It would be to late for this winters', but for sure next winter. And that would give us a chance to practice. LOL

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I am so excited about this! I love our dinner meetings, but these will allow us to venture out and share talents, etc. There are times when we have meetings that I really don't get a chance to talk with someone because they are at the other end of the table. LOL!

16. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I think I'd still be in the "once or twice" a year club. LOL. Although, costuming sounds good, I plan on getting knee-deep in a Qui-Gon costume this summer, and sewing help is always appreciated :D

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    You only have to ask Steel...I am sure any of us would love to help you.

I am thinking if we could talk about getting this all together at the next meeting for a bit that would be great! Any suggestions or wants on how you would like to see these ideas get going?

18. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    im down for costuming :)

19. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Would anyone like to get together soon to start some of this up? Seeing how the March meeting is dragging maybe this is more attractive? Either meet for costuming or book discussion? We could meet to decide how we want this all to work out... I am open so whatever works best... :D

20. cvillevader

Feb 13, 2007
    im game, just need some notice to find a sitter :)

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, so I am bumping this up to see if we can get a response. LOL

Mainly I am wondering if there are things you are wanting to see, to do, or wanting to do or see. Things are so quiet around here, and I would love to go in directions that would bring out posters and have a stronger meeting attendance.

So lets try again! :D

22. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm just into costuming and hanging out. Nothing more.

23. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    I liked Leash's idea of the "costuming & ideas" party. I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to try, but find myself getting stuck in some "how would I do this?" issues. Usually I can bounce ideas off of Brandon, but it would be nice to have some other input!

24. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, we need to have some costuming parties since alot of us are working on D*C costumes. I keep looking at what I have and what I need to do and I haven't done anything. Ugh!!! I do however have the clay to build the sculpture of Shaak Ti's head. Yay!

25. cvillevader

Feb 13, 2007
    costuming party...............sweet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.