main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guess the Episode III title!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by teh_fisto, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I do not mind Revenge of the Sith.

I like the idea in my sig the best.

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Surely its not Revenge of the Sith, its like the most obvious one people have been suggesting for years.

3. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    The Sith Rise Forth, perhaps? Or maybe Birth of the Empire?

4. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Lars_Maul said:
    When did he say that? Sounds VERY interesting!

I saw that on the main TFN news site.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'd take it with a grain of salt. Honestly.

Lucas is messing with our minds - remember "The Creeping Fear" being subtly placed on the OS for April Fool's Day? That was hilarious.

I think Lucas is just trying to get teh fans excited again - not that it takes very much. ;)

Then again, out of the 435,603 different versions of the film title I've seen speculated, it's quite possible someone hit on the right combination.

6. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I hate it when reporters do this, the filthy scumbags. They never actually quoted what it was that George Lucas said to give the impression that fan sites have guessed the title, and I highly doubt he walked up to them and said "I concede that fan sites have correctly guessed the Episode 3 title". I was under the impression that George Lucas was far too busy to browse through fansites, or even bother to look at a list of guessed titles that someone else complied when browsing a fan site. No sense, no sense at all. If I had to guess, the USA Today reporter would have walked up to him and it would have been something like this:

"So is Birth of the Empire the title for your new movie?"
    "No"
    "Revenge of the Sith?"
    (smiling)"That's a possibility. There are many titles out there..."
    ::walks away from low-life media worker::

Then they use the last sentance and use their word-play skills to write the first part of the article where they state that he 'conceded fansites had correctly guessed the titles'. Or maybe he really did say that, we'll never know because they didn't put in quotes.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It's also possible that some of GL's employees have been to fansites and noticed that the real title has been guessed(assuming they know the title) and then told Lucas about it.

You know, it is quite possible that my sig is right :)

8. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Yeah, but that's a handful of very high up people. I'm sure there's a lot of tentative titles, and I'd be willing to bet that it hasn't even been decided on yet. But if it has, I figure only Lucas, McCullum, and a few high ups will be aware of it. And then there's my point about how they never quoted George Lucas saying that the fans had it right...

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Exactly.

Even if you see a "direct" quote, it's usually a fragment of what was said, most of the time placed without regard to context. And we don't even have that.

Nice to see some intelligent rejection of lazy journalism. ;)

Pablo at the OS only said he's aware of A title, so it's possible Lucas is keeping his final title even from most of his employees.

10. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE III
    REVENGE OF THE SITH

[face_thinking]
    =D=
    COOL! :D
    I would be very open to that title, IF it IS in fact the title of Episode III.
    YES, its quite obvious, but isn't it time that there was a title for an Episode in the prequels that was?

Who would have guessed "The Phantom Menace" :-B , or "Attack of the Clones" :oops: . REALLY! o_O

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyone think Lucas will pull a Revenge of the Jedi trick here?

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    "I like the idea in my sig the best." -me too.

Whenever there are great ideas that weren't used in previous Episodes, Lucas puts them into the next. Ep II, for example features a lot of unused designs from Ep I's Art Department.
    Same could go with the title since Revenge was originally planned instead of Return Of The Jedi but not used because it "revenge" doesn't fit the Jedi characteristics.

13. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    The Return of the Sith?
    The Revenge of the Sith?
    The Begining of the Prophecy?

I like too the second title.

14. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    From my perspective, the title will be corny and have a double-meaning. Possibly also very vague in nature. More than likely none of the ones already put forth.

15. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE III
    THE AWESOME AWESOMENESS OF THE AWESOME

16. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE III
    THE AWESOME AWESOMENESS OF THE AWESOME

While I think that your suggestion was meant just for the laughs, I think you are actually on the right path.

Heck, it could be "Star Wars III: The Lava Pit" or "Star Wars III: A Truth Emerges". Again, something vague and chessy.

17. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I really doubt there will be another "of the" in the title.

Ep. IV: A New Hope
    Ep. V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Ep. VI: Return of the Jedi

(Nothing repetitive within the time (era) period- This works really well)

Ep. I: The Phantom Menace
    Ep. II: Attack of the Clones
    Ep. III: "......of the..." = *yawn* [face_devil] (repetitive within the time (era) period)

GL has much more imagination.

Ofcourse if you are talking a cartoon, this may not apply.

Just an opinion of course.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Star Wars Episode III: Breakin' Up, It's Easy To Do

19. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Breakin' Up, It's Easy To Do

I like it :p

20. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "GL has much more imagination. "

[face_thinking] And Attack of the Clones was really imaginative? Or how about The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi o_O He may be more imaginative, but I doubt he is going to select a title that is really profound or intellectual.

If you are looking at consistancy, The Phantom Menace is the only one that doesn't really fit. Its probably the only title that a 4 year old wouldn't understand. The other 4 titles or "Chapter Headings" are very simplistic.

21. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Lucas won't be using Revenge of the Sith. He's smarter than that. People need to stop pointing out how it "mirrors ROTJ so perfectly!" It only mirrors ROTJ in the most obvious, eye-rolling way possible.
    Besides, I was flipping though an issue of the SWI from a few years back, and there was a TPM art print for sale with the title "Revenge of the Sith".

It's already been thought of, and it's not going to be the title of Episode III.

Of course, if it is, feel free to dredge up this post and I'll eat my hat.

22. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well then Hatter, how about something along the lines of "Dark Force"? Does that sound too non-Lucas? :confused:

23. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Er, well, Dark Forces was a SW PC game made some years back, so...

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    *Ahem* THE LOST JEDI

25. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    It should be Revenge of the Sith because the Sith get revenge, that's what the movie is going to be about. The Sith wiping out the Jedi who nearly wiped them out. It's revenge. Hence Revenge of the Sith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.