main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Halloween at Rebel Base Mika

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    So I figured for October's get together I'd host a Halloween shindig. Star Wars theme naturally. Costumes not required but Star Wars apparel is (did I really did to mention it with this group?). I figured we could give the neighborhood trick or treaters a thrill. The Mrs and I have candy for us to give out but if you want to bring some of your own to pass out (BYOC?) feel free. I know some of you live in areas where you don't have trick or treaters so this might be fun for you and the kids sure won't complain. If there's enough of us we could just line up on the sidewalk and let kids go down the line. I usually have between 60-70 kids between 6:30PM and 8:30PM. Seems to come in spurts. Don't want to costume up? Don't want to pass out candy? That's cool. You can just hang with us and be security. Those kids are going to be jacked up on sugar and will be wanting to grab lightsabers and touch costumes and try to get candy more than once. Keep them in line! If the weather is bad we can just take turns manning the door and the porch has a bit of an overhang anyway. Pizza, snacks and drinks provided. I figure show up at about 6PM to hang out a bit before the kids start showing up. After they're all done we can watch something Star Wars-y or Halloween-y or whatever the group decides. I think that's everything.

Where: Hidden Rebel Base Mika
    When: Sunday Oct 31st
    Time: 6PM-?

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    sounds good to me, I'll let you know when we get closer to the date

3. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Let me check with the Misses and I will get back to you. Sounds like fun though!

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Red October, standing by! That means we're on! LOL!![face_dancing]

5. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Sounds Super Fun, Mika!

And although I may break the hearts of my precious trick-or-treating, age-ripened neighbors, I suppose I could just leave a bowl of sugar free candy in a pumpkin outside for them to pick at.:p

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Jammies, I will accept you dressing up as Dave Filoni as your Star Wars costume :)

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Ooooh Jamies!! Totally acceptable!! [face_dancing]

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Bump. Hope everyone can make it this Sunday. See you there!

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010

sugar-free? if it's sugar free, it doesn't count as candy. you might as well just hand out toothbrushes and apples.

10. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I should be able to make it.

11. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    But what if your neighbors don?t have teeth?![face_worried]

12. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Then they don't need toothbrushes![face_whistling]

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    or candy

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Aaaaah, the army life is the life for me! lol! Appo was supposed to be here on Saturday. He called and told me they've moved the day back till Sunday. I'm not sure what time he'll be released, but we will be there. It might not be this late.. it depends on last formation, but we may not be able to get there until around 7:00 to 7:30, but we'll be there. See you all then! [face_batting]

15. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Update: Chuck called me this morning and said that he's coming home with a cold or flu, he doesn't know which. [face_sick] Unfortunately, that means we are going to miss out on the fun tonight.... and I bought all this candy to hand out. Dang! Looks like we'll have to eat it ourselves. [face_whistling] You all have a great Halloween, [face_pumpkin] and we'll see ya next time. [face_batting]

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    well, poo, i was hoping to borrow one of your spare saber blades for tonight. oh well. hope he feels better soon.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ja, Poo! At least he's home now. Get better and we'll see you next time.

18. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sith happens.

Sorry, I have to bail too. But, I will keep the beard for you all to see later (yes, I grew a Feloni beard just for Mika).

Jammies

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    had a good time, again, thank you Mr. & Mrs. Mika, for having us over, and the food, and for the goodies bags. Also, Becka left her coat over there, so I'll try to work with you on getting it. Again, thanks.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    You bet Vox!
    Thanks everyone who made it out. Especially good to see Oliver again. It's great that he's on the mend. Not near as many trick or treaters as I was hoping for but those that did come were super happy with their haul. Hope evryone had a good time and we'll see ya at the next event!

21. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Thanks so much for opening your home to us again Mika and Mrs. Mika, you guys are always great hosts. It was nice to see some of the group for the first time in a while (and nice to finally meet Dar)...wish I hadn't been too busy to come earlier in the night but it's great to start coming back and I certainly intend to be at as many gatherings as I can. Since I haven't been around much I also got away from posting on the board but I'll try to do that more frequently too.

Thanks again for the food and the awesome party favors. See you again soon

22. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Had a great time Mika! Thanks once again for your generosity and hospitality!

Hope to catch everyone again at a later date!

23. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey, I had a blast on Halloween night! I'm so glad Lindsay and I could make it! It was good seeing you all as always, and it was nice to finally meet Oliver as well!

I must say, I had no problem with watching The Abomination Wars featuring Mandalorians. Actually liked seeing them give Obi-Wan a good thrashing. Really, if I had just muted the horrific dialog and ignored the swiss cheese like plot holes, I could say it was rather enjoyable. But I will admit, I was pretty well numbed by my pain meds, so I think it was probably more well received than had I been in a more clear state mind.

All in all, it was fun! Can't wait for our next get together!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.