main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Halloween/DVD Release Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Moleman1138 - We'd love to! That sounds excellent! Just let us know what we need to do. If you PM me you email I could email a copy of the press release to you.

~Doc_Bev

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I just got the okay from the section editor. It on. :D

3. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nicky- Have Laura Walitsky and/or the Dream FActory been contacted yet, and have we included any mention of them in our press release? I haven't been able to get in touch with her/them just yet, but I was about to bang off an e-mail to them, and wanted to know. Also, can you send the press release to my e-mail, or just the text in a PM so that I may include it in my letter to them? Thanks!

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi - Nope, I hadn't contacted them - I was leaving that to you ;) Awesome email btw!
    I did mention them in the press release which I just emailed to you.

~Doc_Bev

5. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Nicky; Got the e-mail, and kudos to you on that fantastic release. You should share it with the rest of the group! Not to "toot our own horn", but we've done a lot of fundraising this year... maybe we should send a release out on all we've accomplished in the "Year of the Sith"!

6. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Like I told Nicky via PM, I'll be in my ROTS teaser poster shirt and Anakin red/blue saber. Also observing the activites and event as a whole for my article.

7. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I made the trip up there today and re-reserved my copy of ROTS since you can't transfer from store to store. Only took 15-20 minutes on the back roads (not 390) ;)

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well since they're using the same cash registers since I helped open the store back in 1995 I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that they can't figure out transferring pre-orders from one store to another. I'm glad you were able to find an easy route though!

~Doc_Bev

9. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I told them it's 13 days before the release. They need 10 days before to guarantee. I would have personally taken my yellow store copy, make a special trip and handed it to the movie dept supervisor at the other store. But why continue complaining, I got it taken care of.

10. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Still have had no reply from Laura Walitsky and/or the folks from The Dream Factory. Oh well. I'm sure they'll accept our donation, just the same. (PS: I can type really well with one hand; my kitty is sitting on the other!)

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK I do not have to work so I can join in on the fun that night.

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Awesome , great to hear Jeff

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If people could let me know if they're coming to my house to help hand out candy (6:30pm-8:30pm) and/or the Midnight Madness at Media Play (9:30pm-12:30pm).

*moved list to next page*

~Doc_Bev

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Might be worth noting the following stuff are gifts with the purchase of Sith. The Best Buy has changed from the silver Vader to a "Exclusive Vader Unleashed"

Wal-Mart:
    At Wal-Mart you'll be able to buy the DVD for $15.87 or for only $5 more get a second bonus DVD!
    Also don't forget the Wal-Mart exclusive action figure three packs!

Suncoast:
    Reserve your copy and get a free lithograph when you pick it up! ( thanks to Alex Pineda)

Target:
    Revenge of the Sith DVD will be packaged with an exclusive Darth Vader coin, sold in limited quantities with no rainchecks.
    Also exclusively at Target, look for a 2-CD Star Wars Best of Episodes 1-6 for $15.99.

You can also get a limited edition $5 gift card (similar to the gift card from last April) with the purchase of any of the following:
    Episode I or II DVD (Each $14.99)
    Star Wars Trilogy DVD set ($44.99)
    Star Wars: Battlefront II ($49.99)

Best Buy:
    Free lithograph with purchase for Reward Zone members only. Plus they'll have an exclusive Unleashed Darth Vader!

15. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    i think those who go to suncoast will also get the lithograph at Media Play since they are both in the Musicland Group Inc.

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    You can put me down for both

17. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I thought we were going to both with Diane and Bill, but will check with them tomorrow when I see them. I'm trying to talk Diane into wearing her black corset Padme dress at least to the DVD release since she picked up the feather fleece for her wrap. It shouldn't be too much work to put that together, and it will look great.

Do you get a lot of kids on Halloween? Would you like each of us to bring a bag of candy or treat for the kids and then a snack for us? What do you need?

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm not really sure how many kids we get...
    I usually always over-buy on candy it seems though. I usually buy mostly chocolates to hand out so if people want to bring a small bag of their favorite then we'd have more a variety, but it'll probably just mean that we have more left overs.

You can bring snacks for yourself if you'd like, but I think I'll be set between dinner (we could order a pizza if people were intereted), candy and the snacks that Media Play will hopefully provide - we should be set.

I don't think there's anything I need that people could bring over. What I really need is to be able to split myself into (at least) 3 so that I could watch Connor, finish my dress and clean up the house before you all come over. :p

It looks like we should have any rain for Halloween night. Hopefully the forecast doesn't change.

~Doc_Bev

19. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    i can make the party but have to work at 11 so no dvd release for me. what do i need to bring for monday?

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nevets - I think you just need to bring yourself and your costume.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is parking...
    I was thinking it would be better for the trick-or-treaters not to have a ton of cars parked in and around my driveway. So maybe if everyone parked over at Media Play and then we somehow shuttled them back over to my house it would work out better. But that would only work smoothly if we had a couple mini-vans coming over. So if TD-027, T_StarFlyer, Ayka and/or Bill & Diane are coming to my house for trick-or-treating - some one please let me know so that I know if my shuttle plan would work or not.

~Doc_Bev

21. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I can't believe we're only 30 hrs away. I have felt this hyped up since Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at Midnight and before that ROTS.

Is anyone going to be taking pictures (digital camera) tomorrow. If so, I'd to use them to better package my story. You can PM me for my e-mail then send them to me in jpeg. Hopefully it can get on one of the color pages.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We'll be bringing our digital camera.

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    D & I are "shuttlling " with Bill & Di ;-)

24. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Thanks Nicky. That will help quite a bit. :)

25. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    how far down is Media Play? only a 5 min walk or so, isn't it? Don't mind walking, and shouldn't have too much to schlep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.