side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    This was my very first ficcie. I started it here almost a year ago, but I have since revised it, and thought I would post it again because it's better now.

Oh and now I get time to do this because...I have no more school!! I graduated!!!

Anyway...

One day, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were sitting in their quarters, meditating together. Obi had just turned twenty years old, and had a remarkable mastery over the Force. He never ceased to amaze Qui-Gon, not when they were sparring, or studying, or even eating, and he always concentrated during meditation. Well, almost always. Today the Padawan?s mind didn?t seem to be on the meditation. His mind was wandering and restless. Qui-Gon finally decided that they had both had enough for the day. ?All right, meditation?s over. Let?s go eat.? Wordlessly, Obi-Wan opened his eyes, stood up, and picked up his robe from the nearby chair, wrapping it around his shoulders. Qui-Gon picked up his robe as well and the two of them proceeded to head down the long series of hallways that would take them to the cafeteria.

As they reached the cafeteria, Qui-Gon entered first, Obi-Wan behind. The sense of the Force reverberating through the huge room was enough to overwhelm a first-timer to the Temple. To Obi-Wan, it was nothing new, but still amazing. He walked behind his Master, picking the food for his plate. As he went to sit at a nearby table, a feeling came to him. It was a feeling of horror, but not his own. Whose it was, he couldn?t place his finger on. It bothered him, however, and he wanted to put a stop to it.

Qui-Gon frowned over at his Padawan. He wasn?t sure what the problem was at all, but he needed to find out. Something was distracting him from his tasks. So finally he asked ?What is the matter with you?? After a moment of silence, he got a reply. ?Nothing is wrong with me personally. But I keep picking up a sense, like horror and fear. It isn?t mine, and I don?t think it?s anyone here. It could be?a premonition, perhaps.? Qui-Gon chewed his food thoughtfully. A premonition, eh? He knew that his Padawan was much closer to the unifying Force than he was, and was therefore more able to pick up nuances such as this feeling. Maybe it was a premonition. Maybe not. Either way, they needed to get to the heart of the matter.

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Don't remember if I've read this before, but I'm always glad to see more JA.

Looks good so far.

Post often, post soon.

3. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Hmmmm.. cool title, ineresting beginning, what'll happen next?

4. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    After dinner, the two went back to their quarters. Obi-Wan still seemed listless, so Qui-Gon decided to leave him alone. He sat in his chair and read his favorite book, The Pretense of Alastair. Obi-Wan just stared off into space for an hour, and then abruptly got up and left the room. Qui-Gon looked up and watched him go, but didn?t follow. His eyes began to glow as he stared after Obi-Wan, and he suddenly found something more important to do than read. He had a vision for his Padawan.

Obi-Wan began to wander down the many corridors of the Jedi Temple. Whatever the feeling was, he knew that it wasn?t coming from here. He was bothered by it, and wanted to find out where this pressure was coming from. Suddenly, he was felled to his knees by a blinding, piercing light. He closed his eyes, but the light was still there. The light faded, and a vision rose before Obi-Wan?s eyes? They were only children, yet their age meant nothing. They watched, with gleaming eyes and feral smiles on unholy faces. They were killing other people, slaughtering them like cattle. As they cut, maimed, murdered, they talked, and laughed and sang. Their laughter rang throughout the hills that surrounded them, giggles from the girls, hearty, rollicking laughter from the boys. One turned, as if to see something else. His eyes peered directly into another?s?

Obi-Wan opened his eyes, as the vision slowly faded away. The laughter still echoed in his ears. After a few moments, he climbed back to his feet and looked around. At least now he knew what the feeling he had was. He hoped that it meant nothing. Sighing, he turned and headed slowly back toward his quarters, hoping that the vision wouldn't follow him.

Qui-Gon watched as Obi-Wan came back into the room. A look of relief was on his face, but his sense was in turmoil. ?I trust you have figured out your feeling, Padawan?? ?Yes, indeed I have, Master. But I am not sure what it means. And, I am not sure I want to know.? He left it at that, choosing to sit in his chair. He removed his boots and his cloak, then closed his eyes. Qui-Gon decided not to pursue the subject any further. He went to his bedroom and retired, falling into a Jedi sleep.

5. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    This sounds creepy... I like that! Poor Obi-Wan!

6. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    This next part might be confusing now, but I promise it will make sense later.

Qui-Gon awoke suddenly, a cold sweat covering his features. He shivered physically, and then wondered What in bloody sith is wrong with me? He got up and walked into Obi-Wan?s room. The Padawan was sleeping, but not peacefully. Qui-Gon frowned worriedly. And then it happened again. Qui-Gon?s eyes glowed, and he began to chuckle to himself as he stared at the sleeping boy. Still chuckling, he reached out with the Force and sent his Padawan another nightmare. He then left the room and went back to his quarters, still laughing to himself. He woke up the next morning with no memory of the night before. His memory seemed to be getting worse, especially in these last few weeks. He pushed all those thoughts out of his mind as Obi-Wan entered the room. They sat and ate breakfast together in silence. There was no small talk, no ?How are you? or ?Good morning?, nothing at all. Obi-Wan seemed especially moody today. Once, he looked up, and could have sworn he saw an unnatural gleam in his Master?s eye.

Cesbeth chuckled to himself, quite pleased with the work he had done. Two weeks ago, he had been sent on a mission by Tolven of Reptaw. His mission: find a worthy Jedi, and possess him. He had chosen Qui-Gon, for obvious reasons, and was delighting in the havoc he could wreak on the old man?s mind. After all, Cesbeth was a demon; possessing people was his specialty. So Qui-Gon hasn?t been himself lately, little boy? He thought. Well, it?s because I?m doing such a damned good job at this. The poor old geezer doesn?t even know what thoughts are his anymore. Slowly, but surely, the man is becoming me. Heh heh heh. I will get rewarded for this one. Quite handsomely.

7. Padme_Na_Sky

Padme_Na_Sky Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.