main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Happy 13th Birthday, JC! -- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Today begins the official two-week celebration of the JC's Anniversary! (At least in C&G :p )Among other fun activities, we have the third annual Crazy Banner Time (AKA Nat Tries to Blind Us)!

For those of you who haven't participated before (or just ran screaming in terror in previous years), this tradition becan when other forums started putting up old banners for the anniversary. We don't have banners that are THAT old (and the oldest one is up all the time anyway because I like it). So instead, we'll be rotating through banners from other forums!

Feel free to request a favorite banner! (In fact, if no one has any suggestions/requests, I'll be breaking uot the Charlie the Unicorn banner :p )

First up, we have a banner we discovered last year: "Dressed to Kill" from ROTS. How I Met Your Mother fans decided that suited Vader looked a lot like the character Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Thus, NPH!Vader (Neil Patrick Harris, who plays Barney) was born. It's now been converted to a C&G banner and an icon.

Vader Dressed to Kill (Archive: ROTS)
    Waru (EUC)
    Pirates (TLAPD)
    Solar Power (Lucasfilm/Indy IV)
    Comics (SFFBC)
    Harry Potter (SFFTV)
    Otter Love (V-day EUC)
    Charlie the Unicorn (AFD)
    Tenderheart (AFD)
    ROTJ Celebration (CT)
    ORLY (AFD)
    Shirtless Anakin (FFR)
    Vader (CT)

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes! NPH!Vader. :D

Corran's Valentine's Day banner. :p

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Pirate Day!

/predictable :p

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    The Indiana Jones banner where things are yellow?

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    NPH!Vader is good times. I think I'm going to put that icon back on after the HP icons come down . . .

All excellent suggestions!

First up, the Waru banner from EUC. It was created as a forum joke, I believe on AFD one year (though loyal can probably fill us all in better).

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Actually, I think it was in celebration of the anniversary of the release of The Crystal Star. :p

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Church of Waru beckons, my friends. The EUC Community Fan Club appreciates the appearance of the Great Flanneled One here.

Praise be to Waru! :p

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    There are so many weird banners to choose from . . . 8-}

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *wanders back into C&G...* Orange!!!!!!! [:D]

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    My poor eyes!

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh, come on, we've seen much worse than a little bit of orange. ;)

Nat, can we please please please have the one that changes all of our names to solar power? :D

... or that devastating bright yellow and black one? :p

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I like it! :D

Makes me want to get some mango jello or ice-cream.

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I suggest that if we get the Solar-Power one, we get the anit-Solar Power one after it. You know, to make sure that those of us who would be blinded by the former could be able to see the latter. :p

I'm kidding about that. But I think there is a banner like that somewhere, so guess I'll nom that.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oops [face_blush]

I know some people aren't fans, but I like this one. It's very orange. Actually, it looks a bit Halloween-y.

Oh, we are DEFINITELY going to see the solar power banner :D (For someone who hates it, I take a strange delight in putting it up . . . :p )

I don't remember an anti-solar power banner. Do you have any idea which banner it might be (or which forum it's from)?

Currently up: The Pirate Day Banner! Since QGR didn't specify, I'm putting up my favorite of them, which has the characters from the PT dressed up like the characters in Pirates. It takes a second look to tell (particularly because of the similarity in looks between Natalie Portman and Keira Knightly--which is why Knightly played the handmaiden Sabe in TPM). Grimby made this in 2008 (and the fact that we've had it for so long officially makes me feel old, since I think of it as the new one).

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Maybe there was a dark banner that I got confused with the anti-solar power thing. [face_thinking] Maybe something darkish in color would work.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Baaah... who needs anti solar power when you can have solar powwwwweeeer!!! ? :p

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Because some of us actually don't like it when our eyes bleed, Idri. :p

I love this one! :D Especially Obi-Wan/Barbossa. Something about that combination is particularly hilarious. :p

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Because one I can read and the other I need to highlight like a spoiler tag in order to read. I'm so lazy. 8-}

20. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Orange = worst. color. ever.

Nat, can you let me know when the solar power banner goes up and down so I make sure I don't accidentally stumble on it? :p

Pretty sure the yellow and black one you're referring to is no longer in the system.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    QGR - Glad I chose the right one :D

RJ - Which is worse: an orange banner or the solar power banner? :p

Gunny - I can think of an anti-solar power-esque one, and I'll add it to the list :D

Currently up: The solar power banner!

If you don't know what solar power is . . . it's this :cool: (That's not the "This is cool" face, that's the "I need sunglasses face.)

Solar power has a long history in C&G, one much farther back than the introduction of this banner.

Several years ago (three, to be exact) when C&G lost to Indy IV at Forum Feud, their banner of choice went up in C&G for a week. It happened to be this one. What the sneaky Indy IV-ers didn't realize what that solar power running rampant actually pleased a lot of people. And now the solar power lovers request it every year :p

(Though, as much as I claim to hate solar power/this banner, I put it up every year, so I probably can't complain :p )

Fun Fact: This isn't the original version of the banner. On the original banner, someone decided that it was too bright (with good reason!) and changed the stylesheet. During a previous anniversary, we noticed it, and two certain solar power haters got a new version uploaded with the hated solar power. Go figure.

If you'd like to register your opinion on the solar power, you can vote here :D

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Now that you mention it, I do remember somewhat the old stylesheet for this banner. It looks a lot less blinding now than it did then . . . but it's still too bright for my tastes. :p

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Mine too :p I can't remember what else made it bright, though :(

Also, you guys all need to participate in our anniversary edition of Million Colors!! There aren't any game bans . . .

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Maybe the brown trim wasn't there . . . or the orange cut was the neon orange kind instead of the orange-red it is now. I think that was it.

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Willie's worse than the solar power. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.