main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    In spite of the fact I'm having a Sith eyeball malfunction (grrrr, there's a story there) I am so happy it's Halloween!!!!!

Happy Halloween to all of my SCFF peeps!

- Kai, unable to get her Revan groove on...

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Uh oh...that doesn't sound good!!!!!:eek:

Despite the fact that my NEW SW outfit is sitting at home and I forgot to bring it to wear this afternoon. (AGGGHHHH)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Today, the veil between worlds is thin. Take advantage and call upon the spirits of those who have gone before. Blessed Be, my friends. Be well this Samhain and never forget the witches' rede: An ye harm none, magic do as ye will!

[face_pumpkin] [face_skull] [face_pumpkin]

Creepified yet?
    I plan on playing "trooper statue" in my front yard and handing out candy for a little bit.

[face_devil]

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Tomorrow will be interesting for the neighbors, who are normally very quiet.

*looks over the fence at the cemetary*

Yep, the "Day of the Dead" is going to be one strange party over there.

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Don't you hate when that happens? *slurping popping sound as eyeball pops out and rolls across the floor* Dammit, cat, leave that alone, don't be chewing on it again!!

Three million cat toys in the house and it's always the other stuff they play with.

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Happy Halloween from all of us in the IEFF!

[image=http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/sgca27/ieff.jpg]

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    [image=http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/pic/001efpgw/s640x480.jpg]

Got the eyeballs in just long enough to prove Revan was in da house...

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohhhh you got Raven's eyeballs in!!!! YEA!!!

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Only thing I'm doing today at work is wearing my Temple of the Forbidden Eye shirt from the Indy ride at Dinneyland. The one with the big snake on the front and "I looked into the eyes of Mara" on the back.

*holds up hand vertically in front of his face, at the level of his eyes*

*says in a mock booming voice* SOMEONE HAS POKED ME IN THE EYE!!!!

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, but never again, until I get replacements for these. These are BAD NEWS.

Here's the story: I ordered the contacts about, what, three weeks ago? I received them promptly, which is a good thing, and left them in their little package until yesterday. Yesterday, I got them out to soak them prior to wearing them today, and when I did, I noticed that the EXPIRATION DATE on the lenses was in MARCH of this year. SO not pleased.

Experimentally, I tried them out...not sure if this is due to the date being past or not, but they are BLURRY all the way across the "clear" pupil area, so that vision is compromised fairly severely. They also "travel" across my eyes whenever I blink, far worse than the other contacts I had, which stayed pretty much in place unless my eye was drying out. My eyes are also more irritated than normal now, after wearing them.

Needless to say, not wearing them anymore...took 'em out pretty fast.

On the bright side, I emailed the company and told them of the situation and at least on the surface, they're responding promptly and with expressions of shock. I'm mailing back the lenses and they'll send me replacements. Of course, if there are any problems with the replacements I'll be demanding a refund.

Still, seeing the expiration date as 03/06 was a nasty shock.

11. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    As a wearer of contacts, I must admit I don't look at the expiration date. Usually the out-datedness of my prescription is enough to tell me not to wear them. However, I wear soft disposables..I can't imagine what wearing the hard cosmetic ones is like...*shudders*

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    They're not hard...they're soft.

But these were HORRIBLE. OUCH.

I am mailing them back tomorrow...we'll see how the company handles replacing them, etc.

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Let us know, and what company so we can be "buyer beware"

On the Halloween side of things, we had a ton of trick'r treat'rs show up, it's a safe neighborhood (helps that it's gated with a live person). Our favorite was the young Ron Weasly, complete with wand, mop of red hair and a real live ratty on his shoulder. Litt'e thing was so cute twitching it's whiskers.

The little kids were just enthralled by the lights, the older kids got a scare from my noisemaker and the dropping spider behind them.

Now I gotta take all that stuff down and get the Xmas stuff out, sigh.

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    BTW How did your neighbors enjoy the holiday? ;)

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    They liked the decor, we actually got a nice card from one saying how we cheered up the neighborhood...

...wait a tic, oh, you mean the "Other" neighbors. They... well, they were pretty quiet, but I think they had a good time as well.

As good as dead people can have, that is.

*peeks over fence at cemetary*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.