main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter - New Book and Movie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by kreleia, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    This is the month of Harry Potter awesomeness. :D

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes out on the 11th. Anyone up for going? It doesn't have to be a midnight show, we could go that weekend too. But this could be a really fun event!

Theaters around town:
    Century 16 theaters at 3300 S. and State.
    Century theaters at 1300 E. and 7800 S.
    Megaplex 12 Theaters at The Gateway - 400 W. 200 S.
    Megaplex Theaters at Jordan Commons - 9400 S. and State.
    Megaplex Theaters at The District - 11400 S. and Bangerter Hwy.

And then, there's the book. The last in a great series :):sniff::). Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the 21st.

I'll admit. I've never done a midnight book release event. Which is odd, considering that I lined up for 2 weeks in Arizona heat for Episode 2. But I'm really considering it. :D I'm actually in the process of making Harry Potter Ravenclaw robes, and I'm reeeeeeeeally tempted. Anyone up for a midnight Barnes-and-Noble run? Could be fun! [face_mischief]

2. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Anyone?

3. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Okay! Well, seeing the rousing enthusiasm for this, I'll make an executive decision.

Century 16 Theaters at 3300 S. and State.
    Friday, July 13th, at 7:25 p.m.

You can buy tickets through Fandango, and tickets are available NOW. I highly recommend getting them ASAP. Especially if we're going to have more than two or three people.

Oh, and I decided to go for Friday night since opening night is going to be insane, and midnight showings are hard to pull off, unless planned well in advance. SO!! I hope everyone who's interested in coming will come!! Please post if you're going to be there!

:)

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I can't make it. Don't spoil it for me though.

5. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    [face_plain]

Okay, if anyone decides to show, cool. I'll be there wearing a plain black shirt and jeans, and have one of those nickel-sized Harry Potter pins on my shirt (yeah, it's small, but you'll see it on a black shirt). I have just-past-shoulder-length brown hair, glasses, and will be sitting in line for seats (stupid Century theaters not having reserved seats - ah well. I was going for a "central" location.) I might be reading a book. Please feel free to join me in line. :)

6. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Great movie!! :D Hope everyone who's seen it has enjoyed it.

Now for the book. Since there was absolutely NO interest expressed in getting together for the movie, I'm just going to let y'all know what I plan to do for the book release. You can join me or not, but since I'm about the only one who posts here, I won't count on it. ;)

I'm going to be at the Barnes and Noble at Southtowne Mall - 10600 S. and State St. I think BnN is more at 10300 or 10200 S., but it's pretty much there. BnN is directly north of Southtowne Mall, between Old Navy and Super Target.

Come if you want! It would be fun to see someone else from SLCFF.

7. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    I think you're thinking of the one that's at 10180 S. State Street. Granted, I can't exactly make it there since I'm kinda living in Minnesota...and working at Borders that night...but still....close enough. ;)

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep! That's the one! :D Too bad you're in Minnesota (what are you doing there?).

9. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    Living here. Well, that and paying off bills, saving up what I can and looking for a transfer overseas thanks to Borders. Well, it all depends on the store that I want to go to, but still, they have had interest in me for a while. I just have to pay off about 5 bills to get out.

And yes, I get to work the night that Harry Potter comes out. Here's to being up until 2 AM watching chess and getting my book....and poster.

10. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Saw the movie and going again tonight with my mom and of course getting the book on Saturday at Sam's Club. I might bribe a family member to be there right when they open so I don't have to rush over from work and stuff. I'm so excited for this book. I would love to get it at a midnight party but I have to be up at 5 for work and everyone is telling me not to get sleep but I can't do that life anymore, it kills me to even think of it.

We should so meet after everyone has read the book and talk about the series. Yes I'm a dork and I don't really care I've waited a long time for this book and I love the series and I can't seem to find my first book for some odd reason.

11. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Because of my work schedule I couldn't go to the movie until the Monday after the opening. (no crowds, no waiting in line) I went to the Library downtown for their party after I got out of work so I missed most of that party but what I did get to see & participate in was great! Actually bought my copy at Smiths, got home at 12:30 am Saturday morning & started reading. Finished at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning, at that's even with working Saturday & Sunday. Great book, answered sooooo many questions!

12. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    The book answered many questions but it makes me dislike the movies so much more because of all the taking outs they do to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.