main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Harry Potter: The Last Horcrux? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I thought it was? :confused:

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The trio go on the run, and are at Grimmauld Place AFTER Voldemort has taken over the ministry. It's already i place when they flee from the wedding -- it's how the 2 DEs find them at the restaurant.

The better theory is that the Fidelius Charm on the house trumps the taboo.

3. Spaced

Spaced Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    I thought it was too - it seemed to fit - especially reading back over GOF and harry's similar reaction to it both times

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I second yankee.

5. TheLighterSide

TheLighterSide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Well, think about this: They mentioned the name, and Death Eaters appear outside of Grimmauld Place. It could be that they know someone has said the name, but they don't know where due to a Fidelus Charm.

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Maybe, though most assumed they went there because Snape told them. I guess it's open as to whether Snape would have revealed the location of the Order's HQ. I would have thought he did, since he's "openly" come out on the DE side having killed DD. It would be hard for him to come up with excuse for not telling Voldemort.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Again, I second yankee :p IMO they knew where it was, they just couldn't get in.

8. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree I believe Snape told them where the location of the order was but of course they couldnt get in. Im sure Snape said there were lethal traps or something to make sure they didnt get in.

9. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Of course, with the order fractured, why would they need to get in Grimmauld?

10. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I guess the jinx could work like the trace for underage magic -- it only gives you a general location. The DEs knew someone had said thre name in that area, but because of the FC, couldn't see the house or the trio.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Unless Havoc_Wing knows of some official pronouncement on the subject that I don't, I'm going to have to dispute him. There is one key piece of evidence that shows that it is Lord Voldemort in himself -- Tom Riddle, if you will -- and not just the piece of his soul within Harry's. The Dark Lord is unconscious for exactly as long as Harry is; his Death Eaters are alarmed that he has been knocked out, and when Harry is coming to, he is just regaining consciousness. He was there in King's Cross, too, in other words. That, together with the fact that Rowling has said that baby form is the form in which he will be trapped and forced to remain, points me to the idea that more of Voldemort was in King's Cross than just the one fragment that was in Harry.

-Paul

12. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I would agree with that as well, especially since Harry later says, when he asks Riddle for some remorse, "I've seen what you become."

13. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Thats the way i took that part too. I believe you're right.

14. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    I think the crying baby is actually the part of voldys soul that was put into harry(when he was a baby) so it died as a baby or wutever its a hard concept to explain, and im dead tired right now so i dont feel like doing it...

15. DarthDiabolous

Sep 23, 2006
    Jk had a very sloppy and rushed ending...

16. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The creature at the train station/limbo was an amalgam of all the parts of Tom's soul that had been destroyed until that point. Tom did not have the choice to go on because parts of his soul lingered in the world. He had butchered his own soul so much that it was scarred flayed, and disgusting.

17. DarthDiabolous

Sep 23, 2006
    that is something along the lines of what i was thinking... in a way... i thouhgt that since harry was a horcrux that the baby was the part of voldy that died along with harry...

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    What you're saying makes sense, but I'm pretty sure Rowling said in an interview that it was just the piece that was in Harry. I guess that makes sense, too -- if it were all of Voldemort's soul, he would have been aware of the conversation between Harry and DD, wouldn't he?

19. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    My theory on a reason Harry Survives the killing curse in the woods--

At this time Harry is the 'master' of all three Hallows. He is the heir and the master of the cloak, he is the last to carry the stone and has mastered that because he is readily facing death *even if he consciously drops it, and he is master of the elder wand by disarming Draco(even though he doesn't realize it)

Master of the Hallows is the master of death. So Volde's curse does kill harry, in a sense. Yet being the master of death, and having an essence or piece of Volde's soul inside him, Harry is able to choose to go back to life and leave the piece of Volde's soul to die. This also explains why he is able to talk with a dead Dumbles and get new and relevant information from him.

Harry is the Master of Death. and in a sense, this is what the whole series is about (if you take JK's quotes from the Dateline interview)
    The book is about Choices and Death.

Harry metaphorically masters each of the Hallows (look back on the 3 brothers story and why each brother requests the gift and how harry has dealt with that over the series of 7 books), as well as physically is master over the hallows as mentioned above. This is why I love this book

20. DarthDiabolous

Sep 23, 2006
    wow i never thought of it that way...

good idea

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's a really good theory!!

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Hmm that is a very interesting theory.

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Guys? The black-out was for one month, and was up August 21st...just mentioning it.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Some have remembered . . . I'll edit the title ;)

25. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    JKR JUST REVEALEDD THAT DUMBLEDORE IS GAY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.