main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Have we had any "Droidocracies" yet? If not, would it be interesting to encounter?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Has there been a government in the EU where sentient organic lifeforms (like humans) were being ruled by machines, a "droidocracy"?

If not, or if not encountered in any detail, would you like to see the heroes come into contact with one in future EU?

2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Arzid IV was conquered by a squad of rogue Baron Droids in 16 ABY.

3. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Hmm. I don't think Grand Moff 4-8C has been given an oversector yet...

4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    That does not fempute!

[​IMG]

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think you could count G0-T0 running the Exchange; all the organics followed his orders, but to be fair they did think he was a human.

6. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Didn't the KOTOR Campaign Guide state that some GO-TO droids took over part of the Outer Rim in the period after KOTOR II?

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I do not know; I never read it.

8. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    While droids might, under various circumstances, hold power over organic sentients in secret, them doing so openly is highly unlikely. Droid-organic relations in Star Wars are far from harmonious, the Culture universe this is not. Almost all organic agencies would consider a state where droids ruled organics to be engaged in brutal slavery and to be a massive threat. Conflict would occur rapidly. Moreover, there's really very little reason for droid to even bother ruling organics. Organic sentients have little to offer a society of free droids - they represent an inferior form of labor and produce no services that droids value.

9. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    does the planet from ig-88 i think therefore i am, story count?

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Creative thought, technological development and the ability to shoot straight in battles ;) things SW Droids all seem to lack.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There could be a hidden sector in space that's ruled by droids... because the droids think they can rule better than humans, and perhaps the humans even agreed to be ruled by droids. Something like that, out in Wild Space or the Unknown Regions.

12. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    IIRC, it was the New Essential Guide for Droids that mentioned that factoid. However, I don't have my copy available to check. But, I do know for sure that is a thing.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    ... and, of course, you refer to meatbags as "organics." Unacceptable.

14. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    The GO-TO droids in question took control of 16 planets in the Gordian Reach, seceded from the Republic and cut off all access with the outside galaxy to rule as dictators of the region, until the Republic Navy was dispatched to put them down.

The E-4 Baron Droids who established a dictatorship on Arzid also spring to mind, but they've already been mentioned. We also saw in TCW that a group of pit droids used hologram technology to rule over a race of primitives, but they disguised themselves as an organic ruler and got overthrown when it was discovered that they were droids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.