main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by corranhornjje, Jun 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    It took me a while but I finally took the plung and signed on. Let me give you a little info about myself. Obviously I'm a star wars fan. My main focus of my fandom is Replica Props and I'm getting into the costuming side as well. I'm a lightsaber guy. I also read all the novels and own %95 of them. I'll never own "The Crystal Star" though, never.

I also have a big interest in the fanfilms and I'd love to participate in one too. After talking with Jeff and the creator of Duality I was really inspired to try my hand at it. Nothing inspirational has hit me yet but I just haven't stayed up late enough to get delusional. :)

I'm wrapping up on my Stormtrooper armor and am also a new member of the 501st. After that its on to the Royal Guard. I'll be wearing my armor to Convergence Con in Minneapolis the July 4th weekend. Hope to see some of you there.

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Hey man! It's about time you showed up! Welcome to the funny farm!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Now that I've seen you in two places I can't help but ask, Coranhornjje. What does the jje mean?

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Those are his initials. Or, maybe it stands for "Just Joking Everyone".

5. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Welcome to our little corner of the galaxy!

Mark

6. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Yes those are my initials. Corran Horn is my favorite character in the X-Wing novels and so I've "taken" his name. Most places that you need to register a screen name, his is taken. Using my initials makes it a lot easier to find a valid registration name. Keeps everything straight too.

7. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    lol... welcomesies! ;)

Funny farm indeed

As for Crystal Star, I have 2 copies, tho I've never read it after the first time...

8. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Brave souls... 2 copies of Crytal? ugh!! :)

9. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    lol, some books I have multiple copies. I got most of them almost for free.

Read: she works at a library

:D

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Sure, now it seems obvious. Before I just assumed you were Icelandic with the extra j's.

11. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Oh, Crystal Star wasn't THAT bad...now the Black Fleet trilogy - that's the one that should be burned after (or before) reading...

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The Crystal Star is my least favorite Star Wars book. On the other hand, I really enjoyed The Black Fleet Crisis a great deal.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.