main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA hello im new here. call me miller

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by homeless_jedi, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    hello everyone. I guess the ones that stand out more here are kalel, mara and young kenobi. thanks linda for the reply.

I should tell you all about me. Im not really new to the force net. I been checking this place out for about 5 yrs now. just never came here to talk.

I go by miller, im 28yrs old,single .Im a collector of all things. toys, posters, comics, books, underwear. you name it. I open all my figures and vehicles for display. I attend the comic con every year. been going there for 11 yrs. I have meet most star wars stars. except harrison ford. steve sansweet is cool. I worked at the con as a photographer. I used to go to "starforce" a lot and trade with lance. too bad he got expensive and greedy. I work full time and enjoy drinking and partying in tj and down town. I recently moved, unfortunately I had to move 75% of my collection into storage.

I was first in line at the cinemarstar in chula vista for episode 1. they have THX sound there. thats the best. no matter what anyone says. I went to the opening of the myth of magic in san francisco. got tons pics of that.
    basically im just a huge star wars fan. I grew up in mexico during the 7o's and we didnt have much money to buy toys. I lacked star wars toys as a child. now look at me.

anyways. now im back in school doing movies. looking forward to episode 2.

im the kind of fan that would die for star wars. if you know what i mean..

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey! Glad you posted! I remember Lance and Star Force out in El Cajon, I'd often walk thru there on the way to seeing a movie at the theatre next to his place. I wasn't a collector back then, I didn't become one till about 3 1/2 years ago. But in that time I've amassed quite a collection. Below you can find links to a few of the items in my collection, the pictures only reflect about 60% of it however. I too have had to move about 95% of my collection into storage. I'm living in a small apartment down in Chula Vista, and hopefully when I move into my house in a few months, I can once again have a Star Wars room to display my collection.

I've only gone to the comic con the last 3 years. This last year was the best. I got to "flirt" (Sh! don't tell anyone) with Michael Stackpole, one of my favorite Star Wars authors, and embarass myself by showing him the CCG card of Corran Horn I carry around in my purse. (I better admit this right now, Corran Horn is my FAVORITE character, both him and Mara Jade actually, and nobody better kill off either of them in the books or SNAP HISS!) I got to meet Timothy Zahn, and Shannon Baska (for the second time), meet Steve Sansweet, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis, all for the first time. I kept missing Michone Bourriague (Sp?) though. I even had several pictures taken with Jeremy Bullock!

The "Connections" presentation was awesome! I was sitting in the first row with all the other people from liningup.net (Who were in the Chinese Theatre Line for Star Wars for 6 weeks back in 1999). I also got to see StarWoids at the comic con for the first time. Dennis Pryzwara (Sp?) used a lot of footage from "our" line in his documentary, and I recognized a lot of people from our line in the documentary. There were actually about 6 documentaries that shot footage of our line. Another one that is out now is by Kurt Volk and Chris Hraski (Haven't seen it though and the title of it escapes me now.) Anyway, sorry to go on and on... anyway.. as promised, here are a few links to a few of the items in my collection.

StarWarsRoom1
    StarWarsRoom2
    StarWarsRoom3
    StarWarsRoom4
    StarWarsRoom5
    StarWarsRoom6

3. Kavic

Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    what no pics of Mara Jade? Thats just sad.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Kavic,

I have plenty of pics of Mara Jade, on one wall there by the light switch is Mara Jade framed (Shannon Baska). I have her 5 x 7 CCG card autographed, and all the smaller Mara Jade CCG cards including foils. I have pictures of me taken with her (Shannon Baska), I have all the Mara Jade comics and CCG cards, I have several carded EU Mara Jade figs, I have everything "Mara Jade" ever created actually. I have a copy of "Dark Redemption" an australian made Fan Film starring Leah McCleod as Mara Jade. It is one of the best fan films in my opinion. I even have some actual film cells from the film, and pictures taken backstage as I met one of the actors in the film online and he sent them to me, along with T-Shirts from the movie, one even autographed. I even have a Mara Jade costume and Mara Jade's lightsaber that I will be wearing for Episode II. If you read I said that I only show about 60% of my stuff in those pictures, the rest is not shown. Lets see you share your pics Kavic! Now don't be shy! ;)

5. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    damn mara you go girl..

i would never have guessed that a girl was as hardcore as you. i was wrong. i like the way you display your collection.

yeah i meet mara jade also(shannon) we got it going on! and i was also at that connections metting. it was good.
    Im not really into buying all the replicas like park's or others. im pretty much into official only, but that's my preference.

I live on chula vista too. I have mara items also . the ccg big card signed by mara. and the comics, plus all the books.
    what i hear is that she is going to die. personally, i like natalie portman more than mara. but its cool. anyways. its nice to meet someone like you.

6. Kavic

Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    yeah yeah well I would have thought you would have shown most of your Mara Jade stuff off that's all, as far as being sad I was the one who was sad to not be able to see any Jade stuff.....sooooo......I hate you guys :)

7. Solo_13

Solo_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    whoa Mara_Jade_Fan! you have a lot of stuff!!!!

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for the compliments on my collection. I was lucky enough last year to have TFN chose to post the pics from my collection on their site. They had asked for people to email in pics of their collections, and I was one of the people they chose.

9. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    geez! I wish I had that much stuff... no money though which is evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.