main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. HeEmAn

HeEmAn Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    I meant the whirlwind of emotion of re-visiting the SW universe on screen :)

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yo dawg I hear you like SW rumors so I posted some more rumors on the rumors that I posted so you can read those rumors which are completely true.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Brace yourselves.

Comletly uninformed media ramblings about Star Wars are comming.

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I didn't think this was major enough to warrant its own thread, so I'll post it here. JJ Abrams has confirmed that there were discussions very early on. So I guess all those "rumours" about him, Brad Bird and Steven Spielberg being contacted in the early stages may be true.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Urgh. I'm sure the media is going to whip that "competition between Star Wars and Star Trek" quote into something it isn't :p

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I'd rather Abrams stay on Trek. He's doing a good job, and God knows the franchise needed the help he gave it.

DarthBoba likes this.
  8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah. Between Enterprise (which I never watched) and Nemesis (which still has a perfectly hilarious pictorial plot synopsis on the web) Trek was hurting bad.

9. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    You got your wish ;)

J.J. Abrams Turned Down Star Wars: Episode VII

December 26. 2012

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98400

While we may get some new updates on Star Wars: Episode VII in early 2013, it won't be that Star Trek Into Darkness director J.J. Abrams will be at the helm.

Speaking to Empire magazine, Abrams said he will be sticking to the "Star Trek" franchise. "I guess the franchises could go up against each other, but I'm not thinking that far ahead! I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi, and the idea of the world continuing is exciting and will be amazing. Kathy Kennedy is a friend and there are no smarter producers. It's in great hands."
    He added that "there were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan, I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things. I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."
    You can check out his previous quotes about "Star Wars" here. Who do you think should direct Star Wars: Episode VII?

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So, that announcement for the director is coming up soon eh?

11. Pipoli

Pipoli Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2000
    After visiting these boards for 6 years, between '99-'05 on a daily basis. It's good to be back and join the speculation again. I remember coming here one day after watching Ep3 and feeling the emptiness and general silence.

Echo-07, Boxster and DarthBoba like this.
  12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope so. My body is ready.

LawJedi and Echo-07 like this.
  13. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    You said it, sir! The emptiness and void after Ep3 wasn't easy to go thru considering we just finished a decade of expectations and speculations since the announcement of the prequels in 97'. When Lucas got pissed and said he won't do anymore SW movies because the fans tore him apart for it. I thought that was it, that was the absolute answer... until recently of Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm.

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Wondering if there is going to be a 'major' announcement tomorrow with the final 5-segment video coming out on SW.com.

Probably just going to be GL and Kennedy talking about how the weather was when they made the decision, but who knows. Might get an exact release date, a plot hint, etc.

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    It'll actually be Kennedy and the pilot from Raiders reminiscing about evacuating the Jurassic Park production from Hawaii.

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    And Rick McCallum bursts into the room saying "at least you didn't lose Liam's ******* wig!" Awkward pause, everyone stares blankly at Rick. Rick leaves.

DarthRelaxus and DarthBoba like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    after tomorrow we will be a year closer to the movie. It will look closer even though it isn't as close as we would like

Krueger and darthzac14 like this.
  18. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Still, by next summer, definitely, more and more will start to trickle out. We will know much more by this time next year, put it that way. Casting will probably begin by late summer, too.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I meant by the time aspect of it. When we get info about the movie, it will get here even faster.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm wondering if the summer of 2014 we get a teaser trailer. Probably not since no other SW film has done that.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTS Teaser Trailer

22. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I was thinking the same thing. I think we may get something, but it won't be a proper teaser trailer, as the film will likely still be shooting. I think it will be an "announcement" teaser. Something along the lines of the one for the first Transformers film that played in the summer of 2006, a whole year before the film was released.

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'll never forget first seeing that teaser for the first time on the television. Thanks for posting! I very seriously doubt seeing anything like this for Episode VII unless its about the Big 3 with scenes from OT

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Off topic: while we are waiting for more information on Episode VII, I thought I would post a video shot at CVI with the help of Daniel Logan commemorating my wife's and my 25th Anniversary.

25. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, video 5 is out. I don’t really think it needs to be posted. All two minutes of it.