main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Hi all, your New RSA here...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I always play nice....just a little rough, that's all :p

2. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, I probably would only prove his point because I'm sure some would've considered me a spammer back in the day. :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm not a spammer, I don't make useless posts, I actually have conversations with people, I just like to talk!!

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    There's a distinction between fluff and spam, after all. :D

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    There is! Spam is repetitive and useless posts, I have conversations or comments to make! :D See! Big difference. ;)

6. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So ah congratulations Adalia and all that, but um what happened to Hawky? Did he just fall off the map and you assumed command? (obviously I have been loitering under a rock)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its not really for me to say (adding to that I'm not entirely sure), but I think Darth Real Life ate him up and the Admins at TF.N asked me if I was interested and after having to suffer through trials worse than any Jedi could have to stand, I got the job.

Thank you for your wishes.

8. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    am I to take that as a compliment ?:p

We have gone the complete reverse in the last number of months, from losing members to natural attrition to going out & getting some truly wonderful members ! & the best bit, some of them are families & have brought their partners into it as well, it's great for SAFF, the place is jumping again. If anyone wants any ideas on how to revive a FF I'm only a PM away.

Addie, I'd say congats but you already know that, I posted it on SAFF & posting the same thing in numerous threads could get mea warning of spamming from you. [face_laugh] ;)

9. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Actually, any ideas on how to poke an FF into life again could probably be posted in here.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I guess, with not having meetings, PM's might be the way to go. Those who are still around, but have moved to other parts of TF.N might just need a reminder to come 'home' as it were. The CR of each FF should do that...working on a CR for VicFF. No WAFF has posted since 26/7 and that was just one person saying it'd be sad to see them go. But no WAFF activity since, only other people posting there. Dying with out so much as a whimper :( Working on NZ too ;)

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    At least you are making an effort, Adalia, and that's something I appreciate.

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    hat might also prove useful is a roll-call of both each FFs (should be easy for SA, NSW and Qld; and help with Vic, NZ and WA) as well as in here for those like Azrael, Katana and myself that don't have a local FF anymore. Might even find out we have more people in some regions than we thought we did.

13. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Also, I don't think many people know we exist. Did you know that a few weeks ago there was an SF con in Hobart? I didn't, and we should have been there!

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Same here. I keep thinking that both CanCon and Conflux would be possible ways to get people but the cost and timing with work never are in sync.

15. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Then we have to find out about these groups, there's TazForce in Hobart and there's a link to them in the old FFTas board, I know a few of the guys there but we haven't talked in ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.