main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Hi from England!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Happy Ninja, Jul 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello, and I might be moving to Vancouver in the next few years to go to the Film School there.

I was just curious, in your own words, what is Vancouver like?

2. kensho

kensho Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2001
    I am actually moving to Van City in a couple of weeks - but I've been there more than a few times in the past couple years.

I am in Toronto right now, and I can tell you this much: Vancouver is a thousand times friendlier than TO. At least, that's what I've found from living occasionally at the West End(near Stanley Park). There is such a palpatable difference between human interaction in the East and in the West - I think it's the weather, really.

And Vancouverites always complain about the rain(I probably will, too), but seeing as how you're from England... :) Personally, I am willing to take on gallons of it as long as I don't have to shovel three hours a day of snow on the driveway, drive on black ice, etc.

I don't know, I'm happy about going to Vancouver - if you're an outdoors-person, you'll love it - and there's plenty of arts and culture and the like happening as well

(enough rambling for me.)

where are you taking film school?

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The Vancouver Film School - In Vancouver, silly! :p

Well, I know that Seattle is a pretty rainy place, and Vancouver is near Seattle, I'd expect that. But then again, I'm used to rain, because I live in England, but I also like it anyway.

Snow doesn't bother me, because oddly enough, England doesn't get a lot of snow (except up north), but I spent 6 months in New Hampshire last year, and I loved it. Snow never really bothered me.

I can't wait to go, although it won't be for a few years - I got to work my backside off to raise the cash I need to go to the school (and to live, and eat, and drive, and shoot my movies, and yada, yada, yada! :))

4. DarthDeltron3030

DarthDeltron3030 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2001
    Vancouver is the most boring city in Canada. The mayor goes to great lengths to stop anything even remotely fun. It's pretty, but very gloomy and rainy. Eventually it will start to get on your nerves. The transit system sucks when it's working, but has been on strike for months. The governement is comprised of morons and conservatives (same thing though, right?). The hockey team has never won the stanley cup. The basketball team left. Vancouver rules!

HOWEVER: Drugs are easily and readily available. BC is the marijuana capital of North America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.