main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HIM

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Don't even know why i'm posting this, it's 4:00am over here in Canada and i guess i just need something to do.

Anyways, i just listened to an awesome band apparently from Finland, they're called, yes, H.I.M. Definatly an awesome band.

Are they popular over there?

Like i said, i can't really see a point to this thread. Just thought i'd say hi. Feel free to visit the Canadian forums, particularlily the Atlantic Canada General Board.

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I think they are. They're having a traditional new year's concert in wednesday.

Hey, I got a frind who loves that band. He can play most of their songs with guitar.

3. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Hi Driver!

Yep, famous they are... mmmm.

H.I.M. vocalsinger Ville Valo is a kind of Jim Morrison type of rockstar. No, I do not mean poetry and drugs. Ville is popular as he is quite gentle and do not give easily interviews that makes him ridigilous. In fact I can remember only one strange situation as HIM was gueststar on finnish tv-show called "Jyrki" a few years back. They did a small live studio gig. After that Ville noticed a certain girl on front row of fans invited inside tv-studio. He got mad, really angry to that girl who has been for a long time a painfull HIM/ Ville Valo-fan. Girl did follow all the time where ever Ville was going and even standed outside his house just for staring in. Ville asked why in earth she does it and why she do not ever come to talk with him. The tv-interview was total mess, thanks to that girl.

I myself do not raise HIM so high positioned band. They have smooth music but far too theathrical.

Once I even saw mr Valo on streets of Helsinki and have been one of their gig during past years. Can't remember anything about it.

4. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Yep they're pretty famous especially among the teenage girls. And I heard that they're also famous in Germany. I'm not so much into their music, so songs are good, but not my thing.

It's good to see people around the world here once again. :) DRIVER, do tell your friends in the JC about this place. Everyone is welcome to join us.

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    All right, i will. And you guys are welcome to the ACG as well, as i said in my first post. Most people that post there aren't even from Canada, so you guys would fit right in.

I really like HIM, but im kind of dissapointed because i dont think their CDs are available on my side of the Atlantic. Oh well. Oh, and if you guys ever get the chance, you should check out Finger Eleven, my favourite Canadian band, that happens to be on tour in Europe right now.

6. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    If I remember correctly HIM was at the states a while ago and they had some difficulties with their name HIM. So they changed it to HER just for the USA, because there was an artist going by the name HIM. I'm not sure about this though.

7. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Yeah, because there was a crappy Chicago band called HIM, allready. They have Bam Margera on their side, though, the guy from Jack Ass Tv shows. He puts their music into all of his movies, thats how i initially heard of them.

EDIT: spelling

8. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I've heard that, too. The guy who owned the name "HIM" in the US didn't want to give the rights to our HIM, so they decided to go with the name HER. [face_plain] Complicated.
    I don't know how many times our visitors have mentioned the Finger Eleven. I should listen to it sometime. If I only could find it somewhere. Legally.

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Well, they are a great band. Listen to something from the Greyest Of Blue Skys, if you can. Its their best Album yet.

10. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    In my opinion the band is one of the best. I own all of their CD's and for me that ir rare. They are famous in Belgium and Germany as well. At least the people I know like them... might have something to do with the fact that I've brainwashed them into liking... hmmmmmm, but anyway, if you buy one of their CD's you won't be disappointed.. at all...

11. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    MTV Nordic did show how Bam Margera did make one of HIM musicvideos. Few weeks ago HIM even did appera on Bam's Viva La Bam-program. Nice thing that Viva La Bam. Demolition derby on next time!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.