main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 6.0 " Your liver can?t repel alcoholic drinks of that magnitude!"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Don't remind me :_|

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *gives the Xani a chocolate and marshmellow bunny as well as a couple pat* :D

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Work? What is that? [face_tired]

Hang in there, Xani!

4. Jim_Palso

Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2004
    Poor Xan. :p You can do it Xan! :) Hey, I'm working two part-time jobs and that's more tiring then working one full time job sometimes! All the driving around between jobs in a day, let me tell ya, it wears you out.

5. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ah, it's not so bad really... as long as I stop staying up until 1am, I'll be right. :p

On an unrelated note, if I go through with this thing in AFAS, I am going to find a way to justify Leia throwing Jacen off a cliff.

Just so we're all on the same page re: Caedus's future existence.

:)

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *pat pat pat* :p

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    In happier news, I finally read Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor!

It's goooooood. :D One of the best SW stories I've read in a while, and funny too, which rarely happens outside Allston books. I love the wicked holodrama satire, the What would Luke do? mentions, the tie-ins to the PT and Luke and Leia's planets of origin (which doesn't get referenced enough!) ... it's just gooooood. I likes. :D

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Woohoo! Shadows of Mindor! :D A great book definitely, especially with the points that you mentioned.

Now get to reading Backlash! *waves fist* :p

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I can't find it. :_|

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    You can always find it if you look hard enough! [face_skull]

...You just don't want to look for it hard enough [face_shame_on_you]

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You know what I hate? 4 tests in as many days.[face_frustrated]

Home free after tomorrow, though. I just have to survive to that point. [face_beatup]

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *pats the ramza* I'm sure you've survived worse [face_laugh] As for me, I only have one test to worry about tomorrow for Western Civilization 2 and then I'm free for Spring Break! I'm also hoping to get that book review about the Fall of Berlin by Anthony Beevor done today for History of Russia so I don't have to worry about doing it over Spring Break. We'll see what happens though; something else has been bugging me for attention :cool:

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    You are reading that in history? Strange people you Americans are. :p

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    It be for History of Russia [face_shame_on_you]

I have to read up on a historical book involving Russian history and review it for my class :p

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I see. Sorry to be curious. Is that part of general history or an extra course? And doing book reviews is actually a pretty good idea. Nobody came up with that in Germany.

Anyway, back to topic. Read that book once. Got a terrible german title. But I read a lot about Hitler´s last days and came across that one . . .

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    It's an extra course :p Reading and reviewing books is fine with me, especially since I do it here at times [face_laugh] Not so much for watching plays and reviewing them though like I have to do with Theatre [face_skull]

I liked the book though; 'twas sobering to say the least. Nice bits of insight and, really, the book will give you a much different view of WW2 instead of the popular - and naive - view of it being a war of global unification and triumph against evil. Everyone was at some sort of fault whether they be German, Russian, British, or American. There was a chapter that went into a lot about the treatment of Poland and the government-in-exile such as the Katyn massacre being mentioned. You see a lot of the political ugliness that came with not only the issue in Katyn but just the negotiations with the Big Three.

At the end you're probably going to wonder how we didn't manage to get into a third World War after the end of the second [face_skull]

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, unlike the second World War, World War III is going to kill us all rather quickly.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll gladly back you throwing him off a cliff...

And I still need to read Mindor. But Backlash comes first! Tis getting very good! :D

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    At last! The Weekend!

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll catch him when he falls. [face_skull]

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    At least I seem to have made an impresion with AFAS-Caedus :p But remember, same vision said you go dark, Xany ;)

22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    An impression indeed.

23. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, I think AFAS Caedus was all Caedus never was . . . creepy, evil and actually

. . . to be taken serious! ;)

I honestly hated him showing up in the first place, until I saw your retcon why had had come to pass and how different he was. An AFAS version of himself, so to say . . .

Amnd for the record. Palpy is on hold, but not gone!

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Holy frak I just helped kill Darth friggin' Vader. (AFaS Spoilers)

I'm waiting for a Xan and Saint post before I respond to being shot, Mitth. Bad Mitth! :p

EDITx2: Chrome does not like the boards...

25. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Do we have to mark game events as spoilers? [face_thinking] Never considered that! And let me guess who did it [face_laugh] . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.