main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Ramza and Saintheart got too serious, something about old literature books and writers. It went on for a while, drying out most of the immature but funny parts of the thread. Thus they instituted EMERGENCY IMMATURITY INJECTION protocols.

Apparently we have those now.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Wha???

3. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Speaking of which, I feel somewhat down for not think of something to add to the protocol's use myself.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  5. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Well, what was originally supposed to be a viewing of Hari-Kiri turned into reading Hickman's run on Fantastic Four. Thank the Maker that my library has an extensive collection of graphic novels and collected editions. So the film shall be watched during my afternoon repast of a ham sandwich.

Penguinator - You're right, Damian is excellent. One of the few, if any, characters to show an incredible amount of growth in his tenure. To be honest, I prefer Damian over Drake and Todd and he's runs about even with my opinion of Grayson as Robin. My use of "brat" was mostly in line with the EMERGENCY IMMATURITY INJECTION protocols, never to be taken seriously. Like many of my posts. Most of my posts. Ok, pretty much 99% of my posts.

Penguinator likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    What's that? EMERGENCY IMMATURITY INJECTION?

7. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    I really want to give Saintheart and Ramza a heartfelt thank you for their posts, both the silly and serious. I have been getting really bored with what I have been reading, though I have firmly stuck with the same authors and genres regardless. Not that the authors are bad, but too much of anything makes Jack a dull boy.

I haven't read Old Man and the Sea for somewhere along the lines of 20 years, but remember enjoying it immensely. That is the only Hemingway I have ever read, so maybe I will change gears and give it a try.

I will also give Vonnegut a look, sounds like a good place to jump out of the same old same old genre I have read over and again.

Your collective input has me excited for something new and fresh, and now that I have an idea of what might be worth giving a chance finding something good probably won't be as hard as I thought.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

9. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Watch to the end. Or skip to the end. Whatever floats your boat.

Bazinga!

10. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    An Argentine Jesuit as pope? Well I didn't see that coming. The Sweet Sistene kind of makes me want to write a storyline into my ELL posts about the Religion of the Cosmic Balance on Bakura getting a new hierophant.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm just amused by the fact that he's Pope Frank.

[​IMG]

12. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    I think the amount of Frank in that last post frightened the Frank out of everyone.......

Anyway, I think I've gone and done something rather.....rash.

I was on Netflix and decided to try watching a show that I had previously attempted but could not get into. Unfortunately this time it has hooked me. The combination of British humor (humour) and sci-fi is strangely addicting. I delayed the inevitable as long as I could. I am now a fan of Doctor Who....

darthhelinith likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I was a pretty big Doctor Who fan until Series 6 made me realize I'm actually an obnoxious Old Who snob.

Penguinator likes this.
  14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    My friend had me watch the first couple Matt Smith episodes. They're good, it's just not a show I can get into or obsess over like some people. Seriously, the merchandise is everywhere these days.

Penguinator likes this.
  15. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    Never got into Doctor Who, I am however in love with The IT Crowd.

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    "Good morning, that's a nice tnetennba."

Amatsu Mikaboshi and Penguinator like this.
  17. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    Wow, 2 game replies in one night. I am on a roll. :p

Hope they are alright, the response seems appropriate considering the situation.

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I hope mine do stack up as well. I felt very "Luthor-ish" tonight.

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I won't lie, all the attention for Heroes is making it seem like a massive ego-fest for me.

Please continue :D

20. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I dreamt about Darth Helinith last night. She got rescued out of a war zone by a group from some sort of republic government rescue agency who looked kinda like they were out of a cross of Star Trek and Thunderbirds only turns out most of them were Jedi (they weren't dressed like Jedi, how was she supposed to know?). Thankfully she kept her cool enough to not tell them what she was doing in the war zone, apart from "War stuff" so I don't think they suspect who she is. She kept hanging out with them for the rest of the dream. I think she thinks they were nice enough to her to be worth spending a bit of time with, especially as she didn't have a means of getting home.

There was a pretty cool bit where they were zooming along a road in the dream in their spaceship and they went over the bumps really fast which made Helinith keep on falling out of her seat because she refused to put her seat-belt on. But she thought it was hilarious and asked them to keep doing it. Pretty much sums up her maturity right there.

21. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Oh that 'just posted in the rp thread' feel. Ain't nothing like it :cool:

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Truth.

23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Is there still an RPFChat somewhere?

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Sure is - jcrpfchat

25. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    And how would one get to this "jcrpfchat"? I'm just asking for anyone who may be new and/or have been gone for a long time and only recently retuned. Not that I need to know or anything [face_whistling]

Also, for no reason at all, this:

[​IMG]