main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Horrorfest 2005

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll certainly be at Horrorfest on Saturday, Joe; not 100% on Sunday at this time. What did you think of the show?

It's a shame that we won't be staffing a table this year, but we can still spread the message and support the 501st & RL presence by being there. With the exception of a few members, most of NAD have joined one of the costume societies in some way, shape, form, or fashion.

Hope to see many of you out there.

2. GoNads501

GoNads501 Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2005
    hmmm, no Nads table? how come?

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    See Jedichic07's 10/01 post for your answer. Just couldn't get enough interest.

4. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I expect GONADS to come

5. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Will GoNads be bringing Go-slave leia?

6. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Go.... %$#^%$#%$#^%# and *&^(*&^%&$#&%#^ while your gone bring me back some ^%$@^%$^@%$@^%$@

7. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    go, go gadget gonads.

8. SourceOfAllThatsEvil

SourceOfAllThatsEvil Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2003
    He's one bad mother.*%....

Shut yer mouth!

What? I was just talkin' 'bout GoNADs

9. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    ""go, go gadget gonads.""

LOL[face_laugh] exactly

10. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    "Just couldn't get enough interest"

4 pages of posts and you guys couldnt commit to doing something???
    if thats not enough interest,what is???

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    4 pages of mostly chatter. No membership willing to staff a table.

12. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    most intrest expressed if any was to have a table to see stuff at, and I'm not sure what the cost was on that as no one ever answered the number on the horrerfest site. So no NAD table in any fashion. Unless someone wants to pull one out of thin air!

13. AnakinFanCheryl

AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Sorry to hear that there won't be an actual table for NAD. I was just wondering if any of you all in costume would be willing to have your picture made with me and my husband. We are trying to put a really cool Christmas card together to send to some soldiers in Iraq. Anybody willing? It would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Not to worry Cheryl, the 501 & RL are if nothing else professional photo posers. You should have no problem having a heck of a group shot for your picture taking interests. Right now, I'm thinking that I won't be there on Sunday, but many others will be.

15. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I finally spoke to Mark yesterday and he said there wasn't any room for a NAD table in the main room as the space is like 6,000 sq. ft. smaller. We could have had one in the area where the panels will take place, but that didn't seem worthwhile to me as it wouldn't generate enough foot traffic and we had no one to man the table. He did seem interested in pulling us back into the fold next year.

I will still add this board's address to the bottom of the flyer and put them on the 501st table or the promotions table.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Glenn:

Good job. Sounds like that may be the best option for NAD for this year. Next year things will be a little different. Marc may have originally had table space for us in the main room, but we've already ceded that to the 501st some time back.

17. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Next year's Horrorfest will be back at the State Fairgrounds. Mark has already secured the "big building" for this event. He hopes to avoid being watered-down by other events happening at that venue.

But whether NAD is willing to host a table is up to the group. Mark has always been very generous to the fan groups about offering space. It's worth taking advantage of.

18. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Well, I got my wife's grandmother sewing velcro for me, so I won't have the armor done this week. Gonna take the wife and kids Saturday I guess. Since this is the belt buckle of the bible belt, I'm guessing that there won't be any scantily clad scream queens there? How big is this show sizewise? Number of dealers? I'll be wearing my R2/3PO tie dye shirt.

19. AnakinFanCheryl

AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Is anybody planning on being there on Sunday?

20. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I'll be there. I believe ROTSAnakin, jedichic, skip, Tambo, and Loki will also be there both days.

21. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I should be there Sunday, but probably not Saturday.

22. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Had fun at the show. Son had a blast and we even won one of the raffles.

23. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I hope nobody missed "Wild Mando Sunday". Ten custom Mandalorians in all their glory......Well, OK, more like 9 1/2.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry I had to miss Sunday, but Saturday was a blast (especially after the convention). I think this was the smallest Horrorfest yet.

Did anyone meet Cheryl?

25. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I totally forgot to look for new members. I didn't even figure out who clutch was, but I certainly saw his son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.