main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well here is the place to get and post information as it becomes available for Hotels and Accomodations in the Indy area.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I know a lot of you have already booked rooms at the Westin. Has anyone gotten anything booked anywhere else?

When should we expect these special bargain deals to come around?

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I am pretty sure a friend of mine is booked elsewhere as he booked elsewhere last time, I'll direct him this way.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not booked anywhere, when I tried to get a room at the Westin they said it was full already, so I will have to wait until April when the other hotels open up their booking systems.

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    For those who have been before, how does it work when the blocked rooms go on sale, how do you arrange to be in rooms or on the same floor with a specific group of people. liann

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Per the Sansweet hyperspace chat, the C3 hotel room blocks will be available when tickets go on sale towards the end of this summer.

7. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    WESTIN!!!!

8. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    OK, so if the block rooms go on sale at the end of the summer, is it worth it to book now anyway???

9. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Members of OCSWS are booking hotel rooms all in the same hotel so we can carpool to and from the con. Much cheaper room rates.

10. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Jada.. it all depends if you suffer from Ineedtobookaroomrightfreakinnowia :D

Basically if you're confident enough that you'll get a room from the "Star Wars housing bureau" you don't need to book now. Otherwise.. get to the phone and may I say, Godspeed.

But seriously, I'm confident in the room block of LucasFilm.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Most hotels won't book until 1 year / 365 days prior to the event...so I would probably try to book a room toward the end of April (about the 20th), then wait and see what the C3 folks offer...if it's better, try to get one of theirs, if not, then you're already set.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Seb what Hotels are connected to teh convention center? One of my friends stayed at a hotel that had a sky walk directly connected to the convention center, I think I would rather stay at that one if I have a choice in the matter.

13. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Rox, I point you to the FAQ.. but since I'm helpless, the answer to your question is as follow:

3 Hotels have skywalk to the convention Center

The Hyatt, The Westin and the Marriot

Hyatt is a tad further than the other ones, but it's still easy to access

Westin falls right in the action.

Marriot is right next to the action.

---> Go to the FAQ and check out the Map it shows where they are located.

14. BobaJoe

BobaJoe Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    I'm taking a friend with me and we're going to rent a car. I was just wondering what can I expect to pay for a hotel room with 2 beds for 5 nights? Thanks.
    Should I call to make reservations in late April of this year and will the charge my card or wait until I get there?

15. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Would it be smarter to reserve a hotel room say..now? Or wait a little bit. And could anyone tell me what is the closest hotel to the convention hall?

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Just out of curiosity, how much is it going to be for a four-five night stay? The connecting hotels sound great, but are they really expensive?

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    We stayed at the Embassy suits last time. I called about a month ago and SebX is correct, they wont book until a year out.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Downtown Map - hotels are in orange

From that map you can see which hotels are connected to the ICC (Indianapolis Convention Center). Keep in mind, that a lot of these tunnels aren't pristine direct routes to the ICC...some go thru parking garages, zig-zag about, etc, etc. In my opinion, unless it's raining, it's just easier to exit out onto the sidewalk and walk directly there. I also do not believe you'll be able to sneak your way in past the lines during the opening hours of any given day, but after the initial rush, you should be ok.

"Connected" Hotels: Marriott Hotel, Westin, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Regency, Canteburry Hotel, Omni Severin, & Crowne Plaza

Average Hotel Cost is probably going to be around $150, the range probably being from $80-$200 for a down town room. Yes, the connected hotels will probalby be more expensive, and even if the C3 room blocks give a decent discount, I still suspect those rooms will be $100+ per night. Weekend nights will be more expensive than weekday nights, but that's just common for all hotels in general.

As to whether or not you should try and get a room now...read my previous post in this thread.

19. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    By the official website for CIII it will be this summer when admission and hotels will be ready to apply for. So, I will wait a dn do like did for CII.
    JMD

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I stayed at the Hyatt last time. Had a great room overlooking the convention center, so I could watch the crowds LOL.

Room was spacious, no trouble at all. Check-in was a breeze. I'm pretty sure I used their shuttle from the airport --at least, I don't remember taking a cab, but I was so excited about finally being in Indy, who knows LOL.

The skywalk made it easy to get to the Circle Center Mall and the CC. There's a McDonald's in the hotel, so my meals were taken care of, right there <g>. Although I did have lunch on Saturday at the Johnny Rocket's in the Mall, where I got to sit next to Daniel Logan and Tem Morrison -- oh, joy!

The 2004 rates are showing as $189.00 per night through the Hyatt website, no pre-pay (Expedia is showing an average of $156). The convention rate will be hovering around those numbers, I'm sure.

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Average Hotel Cost is probably going to be around $150, the range probably being from $80-$200 for a down town room. Yes, the connected hotels will probalby be more expensive, and even if the C3 room blocks give a decent discount, I still suspect those rooms will be $100+ per night.

Per night? My car is looking better and better, lol.

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, per night. Staying downtown is the best way to experience it, but you can save a boatload of money if you stay in a hotel on the I-465 loop...plenty of above average places there in the $40-100 range per night, with a minimal drive into down.

Parking will probably average about $5 per day...depending on which garage you pull into.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    That doesn't sound so bad. I'll have to check travelocity or something to see if there's anything better.

24. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I talked with a few of the hotels downtown, and they all said that April 2004 is the earliest they are taking reservations for Celebration III weekend.

Sebulba...any confirmation on that from you local guys?

25. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I called each one of these hotels and told them what dates I wanted. As you can see they will not book more than 1 year out. They said they will start taking reservations at the end of April. I asked for room rates but since their system will only go 1 year out it would not generate a rate. I told each hotel that others have already booked rooms at "thier" hotel and they said that is impossible. If anyone "claims" to have already booked a room at these hotels please ask them for their "confirmation #"

Adams Mark Downtown 1-317-972-0600 - Does not have C3 in their system yet....will only book 1 year in advance.

Marriott Downtown 1-317-822-3500 - Will only accept reservations 50 weeks out.

Raddison Downtown 1-317-236-2558 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

The Westin - 1-317-262-8100 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Comfort Suites - 1-317-631-9000 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Hampton Inn - 1-317-261-1200 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.