main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    That's pretty much the line all downtown hotels are saying. A handful of people got in at the Westin, but I think you'll just have to wait another 6 weeks to try getting a reservation.

Or what Ron said. ;)

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I talked to the GM at the Westin and he says that they have not accepted ANY reservations that far out. The computer system they use WILL NOT generate any dates or rates out farther than one year.

More info...

I again talked with the GM of the Westin and upon furthur investigation a LARGE block of rooms has been held. They will not accept ANY reservations for these room. I also asked him if Joe Smoe called and asked for reservations for Aprill 2005 what would he be told and he said they will say there are no rooms available.

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, if he's saying that now, then the people who are saying they got thru better recheck their reservation.

*restocks hotel reservation aspirin*

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Funny seems the hotel reception doesn't but the websites do. Although the Westin just down the road is fully booked even on the website.

5. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    I moved a little further away from Indy a couple months ago, so I think I'm gonna get a hotel room this time around.

Can anyone who went thru the fan club last time tell me about group rates for hotels? Can someone call the fan club and order a room and 4 passes with a bunch of credit cards or do you just have to find someone with a bigger credit limit?

And what about people who might wanna group up with others? There's 2 of us going for sure but what about grouping up with others to save cash?

6. BobaJoe

BobaJoe Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    So I can book with a hotel at the end of April, and if I decide that the C3 Block is a better deal, I won't be charged by the other hotel yet?

7. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    In my experience your credit card just holds the reservation. You don't charged until you stay. Just remember to cancel one or the other.

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Also when you book the hotels normally inform you how long before hand you can cancel without being charged a cancellation fee.

9. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Talked to the GM at the Westin again. He said that there are 523 rooms in the hotel but could not tell me how many were set-aside in the room block. I told him that others have made reservations there already and he said that might be true but it would be VERY limited numbers. He was able to tell me that the block of rooms will be at a discounted price. Anyone who has made reservations already outside of the block of rooms will not be eligible for the discount.

10. BobaJoe

BobaJoe Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Sorry, if I sound "new" to this convention stuff, but I am. These "room blocks"...do some of these rooms have two beds, and will they be a lot higher than the ones with 1 bed?

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I stayed at the Marriott across the street, and it was great!

12. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I was hoping to spend a whole week there.
    Does anyone know if you get better rates for a longer stay?

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Room blocks refer to any number of rooms that the event organizers have reserved, and will then turn around and rent them out to their guests. Since C3 is guaranteeing the hotels a significant amount of business for that weekend, they're able to get a cheaper rate. Outside of conventions, usually weddings will grab a block of rooms for out of town guests...same thing.

Rates for longer stays? Probably not unless you have a good travel agent. Like I said, rates for week nights are cheaper than weekends...that's about as good of a discount as you should expect to get.

If you want to save significant money, either:

A: Find a long lost Indianapolis resident relative that will let you crash on their couch.

B: Stay in a hotel that is not downtown (nor on the Northside for that matter).

C: Find multiple roommates to share the hotel costs with.

I'm not up on the vagrancy laws, so I won't recommend the "pretending to be homeless" option.

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I've got four people coming with me...true they are my brother and parents like last time, but we stayed about a half hour out of downtown last time, this time I want to stay in walking distance!

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Not that it's particularly comforting coming from me but.

LucasFilm officials take on the room block is as follow:
    There will be a sufficient number of rooms for everyone

My guess is that the Room Block will first be opened to the Fan Club and HyperSpace members.

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Trust me, folks, there are enough hotel rooms in the area to accommodate any who wish to come to CIII. As a meeting planner, I can tell you the city is well used to large convention groups; Indy ConVis notes there are 165 hotels (with more than 21,500 guest rooms) in the metropolitan area. Granted, not everyone will be able to stay in one of the hotels attached by catwalk, or within a block or so, but obviously you will not find yourself shut out.

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Hmm, maybe I should sign up with the German fanclub some time during the year. That is the closest official fanclub for me anyways.

The rates of around 150$, is that per person, or is it going to be split between the persons sharing the room?

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    That would be per room...hotels have weird charges sometimes for how many people are in a room, how many beds, etc...but $150 per room per night is probably a good rule of thumb to budget around...until you get your actual reservation.

19. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Right now my reservation at the Westin is costing me 200 a night.

My guess is that it will indeed cost less comes the time we will be able to buy our tickets.

Edit: no Hotel in their good sens would fully block their entire rooms. My guess is that I've got one of the safe keeping rooms.

as for my reservation number.. I'm not publicly going to give it away, but I have it.

20. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Did not ask you to give out your confirmation # but you might wanna call them and make sure they do have a room for you.

Here is what I said on the room block

Talked to the GM at the Westin again. He said that there are 523 rooms in the hotel but could not tell me how many were set-aside in the room block.

It does not say anything about them blocking off all of their rooms.

21. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I wasn't implying it that way.

Sorry about the confusion.

22. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Jada.. it all depends if you suffer from Ineedtobookaroomrightfreakinnowia

ROTFLMAO!! [face_laugh]

No, I said it in another thread, I used to be a conference/special events manager. Room blocks are old hat. Plus my friend and I might be able to use her grandpa's timeshare.

23. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    to all those asking about room prices that will be included in the fan club room block (those that the convention will be setting aside for attendees), i just wanted to add that at C:II i stayed at the courtyard by mariott, which is very close to the ICC and this hotel was the cheapest out of the blocked rooms..it was $119/night. so, going by that..if you're gonna go w/ the rooms that C:III sets aside that's as cheap as it'll be probably. but, like others have said in here, many people stayed outside of the downtown area last time and got much cheaper rooms.

24. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hmmm, hmmm, (twiddles thumbs). I'm just waiting for a window of opportunity at the Hyatt.......

25. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    LOL I just had a really weird Idea... I could create threads for all the different hotel in the near vicinity of the ICC (as far as the Marriot Courtyard)

And we could just sign up where we're planning to stay.. just for the fun of seeing how many fans and who we'll be sharing our hotel with.

Hehehe then we make our own little hotel tags to add to our badge and we can spot our hotel friends during the course of SW-C3.

:D

Let me know if you like the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.