main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How are tournaments played?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by MsMurrow, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsMurrow

MsMurrow Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2003
    I was considering entering a tournament in my town for the SW TCG, and though I can play both ways, I was just wondering, are they they played with the mat or by the instructions in the rule book?

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    The mat is optional, and hardly anyone uses it, but some people do.

A standard tournament goes by the regular rulebook. You play 1 hour "matches" against people and the winner of 2 out of 3 games wins the match. At the end of one hour, "time" is called and the current game is finished, and there is no more gaining of build points or gaining of force and you go through the turns until one loses. If each player wins one and you don't have time to play a 3rd game before starting a new game, the match is a draw. Also you bid build points (give up build points) to see which side you play.

3. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I was kind of wondering this also.
    I have only played in casual play, no tournements have been played within 75 miles of my house to the best of my knolege.
    One Wizards store was looking for intrested card buyers, but they closed down before the first tournement could be played.

I guess I am the bringer of bad luck.

4. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I guess I am the bringer of bad luck.

Dude, I know like 3 people who play, Great Variety :p

Ive also Never seen a Wizards Store in my Life :(

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    They don't have Wizards stores here either. However Hobby Masters in North Raleigh is trying to get in all sets and variations of everything - good thing.

I would love to play in a tournament but nothing around here yet.

6. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I used to have a whole bunch of stores that sold the current Star Wars TCG sets.
    None of them even knew that Empire Strikes Back came out. So, I'm forced to go on-line.

7. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    Things are more difficult in the Greek city where I live... and there have been no Star Wars tournaments in my area...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.