main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How did Palps still have his power after his cloning process?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthbarracuda, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I hate the story about Palpatine dying and then being born again and again and again using clones and transferring his conscious. But I still have a question about it. How did Palpatine keep his Force powers when he transferred into a clone? Wouldn't he lose all of his force abilities?

halibut edit: This belongs in the EU or lit forums :)

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Why would he lose all of his Force abilities? I don't understand?? We've seen several Force-sensitive characters cloned throughout the saga (Starkiller, C'Baoth, Luke Skywalker etc) and the clones maintained Force sensitivity...so why would you assume that?

TheRevanchist likes this.
  3. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Yes. The Supreme Chancellor gave you the answer. The cloning of a force sensitive was a difficult process and the clones were mentally not stable, but they had the same force powers as the original one. Starkiller clone did amazing stuff (like the original one), C'baoth made 40 thousand members of an Imperial Star Destroyer his slave, and Luuke Skywalker was as powerful as Luke.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    In the case of Palpatine he did not die permanently and let a clone replace him but took his own essence and took over the new clone body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.