main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did you get Started in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhill

Silverhill Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Wow! Um, ... I can't answer that.

The truth is: I don't remember a time when I hadn't seen Star Wars. And I don't remember a time when I wasn't a Star Wars fan. [face_love] :D

I think I saw ROTJ in the theater in 1983. But I'm not certain what order I saw the movies in. ?[face_plain]

I was a SW fan even when it wasn't "cool" -- late '80s, early '90s. :) Had them on video and watched them all the time.

2. Volrathus

Volrathus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Hmm.... Born in 86. Missed hype. Watch the ANH in around 95 and the the others. Saw SE in 97.. Hooked with prequels and the EU.

3. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    I was six in 1977. I made my parents take me on opening night after I saw something about it on TV. I've been captured in GL's tangled web ever since.

4. TheLurkerII

TheLurkerII Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Star Wars came out the year I was born. I have been a big fan my whole life, my parents were also fans. I remember seeing ROTJ in the theatre when it came out, and we watched the tapes over and over. Then of course there were the two Ewok adventure movies, the toys, halloween costumes etc. (hey I was a kid). Then there was the THX remastered sound OT (the best version in my opinion). Then the rerelease SE in the theaters, (we were so psyched waiting for that to happen). It was after TPM that my cousins got me into reading the EU. Recently I even downloaded the SW holiday special (now you know the extent of my illness).

5. Jake_Barnes

Jun 4, 2002
    ...After I saw ANH, I started into the toys. I had an X-Wing and the Falcon, plus a set of the principle characters. They got a lot of use. I also managed to collect the entire Blue Card set.

6. Jake_Barnes

Jun 4, 2002
    When Empire came out, I told my mother what it was called, and she rolled her eyes and thought it was rediculous title.

7. Jake_Barnes

Jun 4, 2002
    While I'm at it, I'll mention that my brother and I made excellent Lego versions of the X and Y-Wings, and this was before Lego started making all of those specialized parts.

8. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I was 3 when ROTJ came out. Don't remember if I saw it at the theather...but remember seeing the Ewoks and loving them!!! Didn't really get into it big till AOTC came out. Now I'm hook...and will be for life. That's my story. :D

9. YODAS_HALF_BROTHER

YODAS_HALF_BROTHER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2002
    ANH was on TV, I was about 6 I think. Mum said I should check it out but it was past my bedtime(lol) so we taped it.

Unfortunately Mum missed the start and I only saw it from when the Falcon leaves Mos Eisley so I didn't really know what was going on.

All I knew was it rocked!!!

10. Shacha_Morrob

Shacha_Morrob Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    I watched the triligy with my mom, and I liked it.

11. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    I was born in 1983,the year ROTJ came out,so i guess this had an effect on me...
    Well,i was since i can remember my self a Science Fiction films fan,i liked all this spaceships and laser stuff flying around the TV screen.So,in the early 90's i saw for the first time ANH in TV (NOT the best format to view a SW film for the first time,but anyway...).Then i realised that there where some "sequels" going on (ESB,ROTJ).That was it!I became obsessed!The funny thing was that i didn't knew anything about the prequels,because i was cut out from my SW madness for a while.And one day,just as i was sitting in my couch,watching the news,they showed without any warning the Phantom Menace teaser.I was in a "what tha...,when did they made this?" phase,i couldn't believe it!I guess the Dark Side clouds everything...sometimes!

12. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm 28.

Consciousness began with Star Wars.

I'm only half kidding [face_plain]

13. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    um, parents took me to the theaters for the first time-it was star wars. saw vader walk on to the screen as we walked into the theater and stopped in my steps-parents had to carry me to my seat. I was 2.5 yrs old.... how could I not love it

14. Kazkid8

Kazkid8 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I can't remember when I first hered of it but I remember when I first saw it.

I was 5 or 6 ( I am 13 now) and I was at my dad's freind's house. I saw that he has starwars and I asked If I can barow it cause I never saw it. I did and whatched every movie so much. I was really into it.

Then, I think, That year for my b-day my dad bought me a x-wing and a luke skywalker x-wing. That was when I was hooked! I LOVED IT!

Ps: I still have those toys he got for me. But they were played with and nearly destroyed...

:)

15. VegaD1970

VegaD1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    For once my age has worked to my advantage. I was 6 when Star Wars was released and I was there, in the Q with my Bro, Cuz and my Aunty in London's Leicester Sq the first Friday it opened to the public. The followign week I saw it with my parents... same deal for ESB AND ROTJ. With ROTJ my Mother and my Nan joined us... and my youngest Brother Martin who is now a bigger fan then me. In 97 we returned for the Special Edition versions at our local Cinema in Sutton, but it was with a new group of friends. In 99 that same group and my cuz and Bro Martin returned to L Sq in London on that first Fri it was open to the public. Amazing night... for AOTC I went with just the new group to see it at... Leicester Square again. It has been tradition that I see the movies on opening night in Leicester Square. Next year however my journey to London will be somewhat longer and more expensive and i'll be joined by my new wife BUT I will keep to the tradition.

16. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    I dont have very memories of seeing ANH when it was released for the first time..but do remember seeing DV the first time he walks onto Leias ship and can remember the last scene perfectly to this day. Wasnt old enough to realize the deeper meanings of some things but was hooked from then.

17. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    yoda. it all started with yoda. actually, i remember sitting down, flipping through channels and watching the original edition of star wars as a movie special.

but i never bought the movie until a little while later and then i lost the original copy (my mom and I were doing some spring cleaning. she wanted to ask me where the movies were supposed to go but before i could reply, she was gone and my original copy was missing for three years. now, i have the special edition.)

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Saw ANH when I was seven...memorable because the movie was such a big deal our whole family went to see it. (My dad hates going to movies.) I enjoyed it although my little brother was more into it than I was at the time. When ESB came out, I remember walking out of the theater dumbfounded...Vader is Luke's father????? After that I was hooked.

Now my two year old is begging me to play "lightsabers" with him. Of course I'm Vader and he's Luke. How cool is that? :)

19. goraptors

goraptors Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    Back in 1994, I got my first computer.
    About a week later I bought this game called Tie Fighter.

I was hooked on this game for a few months.....so much so that it drove me to actually buy a copy of the star wars trilogy.

I had not seen any star wars movie in about 11 years...when I was 3 years old I believe.

But since I bought that copy of the Star Wars Trilogy i've been hooked on it ever since.

20. Kazkid8

Kazkid8 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    congrats vega!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. VegaD1970

VegaD1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Thank you KazKid. My fiance
    and I only got engaged last September. We plan on getting married next year, like me she is Goth and she's considering wearing a Jedi style cape for the event. I'm really pleased we'll get to see the last chapter as Husband and wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.