main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania How far would you go to get a acting gig in the SW live action series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24279423-5012985,00.html

Its being filmed in Sydney.

2. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    If Lucas begged for forgiveness for Ewoks, I'd consider it.

Briefly.

He'd also have to beg for forgiveness for Indy IV.

3. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    But if he put you in it, he would have to beg for forgiveness from the entire world, so it would be somewhat self defeating.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    For me, he'd have to beg my forgiveness for letting a nobody start throwing Star Destroyers around. [face_plain]

5. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000
    Do folks have any hope for this show, or are most people writing it off before it's even begun?

6. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm taking the wait and see method, but my hopes won't be high, leaving room for the possibility of something that surprises me.

7. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I'd consider it, if he releases ALL SW games ever on PC. :p

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I bet if any of you were dressed as an officer or clone trooper with a speaking part you would so jump at the chance. And I bet if you were a jedi you would love it.

admit it.

9. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Three of my friends have been put on the extras list by their agents. I'm tempted to join them (for $50, it'd be funny) but I wouldn't want a speaking part.

Aussie accents randomly in American accented shows for the loss (I'm STABBING AT YOU, RAZOR!)

10. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    If I was offered the part of a Sith. Then yes. But I have a general aversion to the light side...

11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    One night with Ewan or Hayden, though Hayden would probably be much more willing ;)

Seriously, they wouldn't have to pay me and all I would want is to keep my costume.

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    That's kind of like a sort of crazy idea some friends of mine and I once kicked around when "Lord of the Rings" was out. They were selling off all the hero props including Aragorn's sword, which (according to rumour) Viggo Mortensen was unhappy to lose and not be able to keep.

We had an idea: everyone pitches some cash in to buy the sword at auction. Then we offer to give it to Mr. Mortensen on one condition: he comes and picks it up personally. :)

13. beezel26

May 11, 2003

just think of it if you joined. you would be a god among the rest of the JC. And everyone would say I know her, She is so cool in person or online.

14. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000

Some of us already do say that.

:* [face_love]

15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    you all understand if you are in the series then you will be drawn forever on all sorts of SW stuff and fansites.

oh and you can do all the conventions for years to come anywhere in the world.

but you have to tolerate the badly written fanfiction about your characters though.

16. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000
    I think all that would only be true if you had a talking role, or a featured extra role. Run of the mill extras wouldn't really be that prized.

17. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Yeah, I don't think I'd want people to know I was an extra :p Especially people on the internet.

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    If I could keep my costume I wouldn't mind being a run of the mill extra, but that's unlikely as it will probably go to the Lucasfilm archives.

Anyone seen the doco on the AOTC DVD about extras? They call it "A Twinkle Beyond Pluto"

19. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't know if an extras costume would necessarily go in the archives, would they? Depends on the amount of extras, I suppose. I would have thought they would just get turfed, with the finished set pieces and the like.

20. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    As far as I know from people who do normal films/TV (ie: realistic stuff, as opposed to sci-fi costumed stuff) the costumes all get recycled. Saves money for studios and production companies. The extras costumed are meant to be 'background' so they're not that ... exciting. :p I wouldn't think it would be very good business to give costumes away though. Those things cost a fair bit in time and effort alone.

That being said, the people I know didn't work on anything this big, so you never know :)

21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Pulsar, you have to promise your friends that if they get a speaking part in the series then you have to write them some fanfiction.

good or bad.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    There's always "What's the story"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.