main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many people here entered Hasbros collector contest?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Stalker, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Also, does anuyone know when they are going to release the names of the winners and if we are going to see pictures of the adult winners collection?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I couldn't enter, I don't think there was a competition for the UK people. I'm also curious to see the pictures of the winning collections.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I wanted to enter both myself and my son's collection, but I was just too busy before the deadline ended October 15th. *sigh* Hopefully they will do it again this year.

4. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that it is a one time thing. I entered for both myself and my son. Iwas actually quiet dissappointed that he didn't even win state given the size of his collection. That's the big reason I want to see pictures. I want to see proof out there that there are so many collections better than ours.

5. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I entered the Adult Collector Contest :)
    I don't know when Hasbro is announcing the winner. BTW Darth Stalker, Hasbro states on the entry form The contest is NOT about who has the Biggest collection, It's more about What you do with your collection and How you set it up, Why you collect Star Wars. That's why we could only send 5 pics each of our Collection, So people with Giant collections (MJF!!! [face_mischief]) Don't Automatically win ;)

6. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Mine is pretty massive also. I couldn't quite fit it in to 5 pictures. I suppose the fact that I'm a MIB collector probably killed my chances too.

7. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't know how many SW Toys your son has But I read a TFN article about one of the Young winners & he only had like 40 or 50 figures. I don't know about MOC, I don't think Hasbro has an issue with that ;)

I want my Free Star Wars figures for 2003!!!! [face_mischief] Did I win ?[face_plain]!!!!
    Hope we "adults" find out soon :D

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well, counting the 80 vintage figures and probably another 100 or so newer figures my son has he has quite a few. Not to mention some really cool vintage and new playsets and ships. The vintage stuff is technically his but he is closely supervised while playing with it. I was wondering how many in the kids category had a vintage Imp. Shuttle. Oh well, I felt robbed then and I plan to feel robbed when they announce adult winners. :(

9. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    To your son "Impressive, Most impressive" :D I have one Vintage ship left from when I was a kid, A Very Very Beat up Y-Wing [face_mischief] Sounds like your son should Definitely have Won, Your right there are not too many kids with a Vintage Shuttle!! ;)

You said The vintage stuff is technically his but he is closely supervised while playing with it. [face_laugh] :D
    I needed somebody like that when I was a kid!! My Yoda & His playset had MUD All over it!! [face_mischief]

In terms of feeling robbed, Well, I did it for the Hell of it, for Fun. Really didn't think I'd win. And the only thing So far that annoyed me about the contest was Not being allowed to have Non Hasbro (Galoob,Kenner) Collectibles in the pics. You know how many LEGO ships & people I had to take down or hide!! :p

But I'm sure your just feeling bad for your little youngling, It's too bad, Sounds like his Vintage collection is Better than A Lot of adult collector's including mine! :D

10. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    I entered the one for kids. I knew I wouldn't get first. I lost second to a girl here in MO. :( :_|

11. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I wanted to enter but they only wanted pictures of Kenner and Hasbro stuff. I have way to much Star Wars stuff that is not Hasbro or Kenner and It would have been to much to seperate it all.

12. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Our collections are pretty nice. I need to set up a web site so I can show it off. I wanted my son to win more than I wanted to win myself. Deep down I was hoping that we'd both win and Hasbro would make a two pack of figures of us :) Oh well...someday I'll buy enough stock in Hasbro to be able to demand that whoever the judges are be fired [face_devil]

Leggy, did Hasbro actually tell you that you came in second for state? Was there any prize for 2nd?

13. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Sorry, Stalker, I messed up. I lost to a girl here in MO for second place. I didn't come right after her that I know of. She won for our state and I didn't.

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh, okay.

Does anybody know how I can get pics of my collection on the appropriate thread without having a website?

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Stalker,

You can email me your collection pics and I can host them for you until you get your own website. My email address is MaraJade@cox.net.

I am kinda glad I didn't enter this contest as Robert said, seperating my non Hasbro/kenner stuff from my other stuff, would have been a pain.

16. pakatak

pakatak Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    I helped my younger brother with it. He got all of my stuff when I got to old for it. He had a great time and won the contest for our state, his class at school wants to take a feild trip to our house and the news has reported it great. Has anyone that won it received their prizes yet I know he hasn't.

17. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    MJF...Thank you so much! :D I'll send them later tonight.

Well, these pics aren't going to be that great :( My scanner sucks! But hopefully you'll be able to tell a little bit about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.