main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA How's the farmwork coming along?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Greg Maddux, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I'm still surprised that one of the main cities in the Upper Midwest is also one of the least active Star Wars fanbases.

I used to live here, I used to hate it, but now every time I visit Des Moines it's constantly progressing. But I gotta have something else to look forward to when I come 'home' to visit, right? ;)

It won't kill y'all to put those tractors away a little earlier and try and make something happen. And 20 Star Wars fans in a half-million plus region can't be right, there's more of you than that. If I still lived here I'd actually help, but I guess I shouldn't be one to rant since I don't. :p

Just trying to spark some life in this forum, that's all. :)

2. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    They are trying, give it time......

3. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I am supprised that this forum has had this much attention. It's only been running for less than a year. I tried to get the ball rolling but other posters could'nt even decide a name when given the chance.

4. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    There's only what, 7 or 8 regular posters here? Most active groups have at least 20 or so.

I'm still toying with the idea of returning to Des Moines to live after college (which should be next year) so maybe I could help with the recruiting then.

5. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sounds good.

6. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I still pop in every once in awhile. :)

How do you think I feel? I live in Iowa City and you would think that I'm the only SW geek here. I feel like I'm the only one here sometimes. 8-}

7. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    The reason I don't check in on this page is I know that nothing will have happened.

8. Count_Navillus

Count_Navillus Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2002
    The Darkside Clouds your sight Moldybread It shall happen and it will Try this Saturday MMarch 20,2004 2:00 P.M. Mayhame Comics.

Here's the address.

7500 University Ave.
    Des Moines, IA 50325
    (515) 271-8104
    or
    2532 Lincoln Way
    Ames, IA 50014
    (515) 292-3510

Only if there is someother place you want to meet, then post the Name of the place and an address for thows of us that are not familur with the location.

9. Czan

Czan Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2004
    I would try to be there, but I wont be getting into Des Moines until sunday evening. Will the meetings be every other saturday? I have good organizational skills, so I once I attend a few of the meetings, I would be willing to help organize the chapter and help the member numbers grow.

-May the Force be with you all, Czan Mar-Gathol

10. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    I seriously live across the street from Mayhem in Ames(ISU dorms), so of course, I would prefer meetings to be there...

11. Darth Bobo

Darth Bobo Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 1999
    Geez, I haven't posted on these forums in years but I got a wild hair up my a** to post and see how all my fellow Iowa SW fans are doing.

I'm part of a pretty hardcore group of fans that have tailgated at all of the last few releases including all of the Special Editions, Episode 1 @ River Hills in '99 (first in line!), along with Episode 2 at Merle Hay Mall in '02.

It would be nice to get some sort of official chapter organized and ready by next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.