main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Hurricane

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    W E ' R E . A L L . G O I N G . T O . D I E ! ! !

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    eddie-wan-kenobi, thanks for the kind words. We all appreciate your prayers. Hopefully we will not have much damage from this one. Wish us luck!

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    True that, Eddie. Thanks from me too. Good luck to us all.

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    You guys are also in my prayers. Good luck and stay safe let us know in NC that you guys came through!

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys can come up and stay at my place if you want. I've been through enough hurricanes in my life. They are no fun. Please stay safe.

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Many thanks for the good thoughts, we're gonna need them.

I'm signing off for a couple of days probably, as I'm on the rideout crew at my hotel. Stay safe, and good luck taking care of yourself and yours. -Campbell

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Hope everything is ok for you all down there in Florida... Good Luck from all of us here in New York

8. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I woke up today hoping the storm would have passed. No such luck. It hasn't even gotten here yet. I feel sorry for those poor souls on the east coast who've had to endure this storm's effects for the past 14 hours or so. This has to be the slowest moving storm in history. It sure as hell feels like it!

I hope everyone is okay.

L8r

9. Solo_but_not_alone

Solo_but_not_alone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    Oviedo Checking in.

We survived! No loss of power, dog or sanity...err more so then before the storm anyway. Collectables/costumes/comics are secure and dry! Yay.

Hope everyone else is pulling through ok, if anyone in the immediate area is in need let me know. If I can help I will! My thoughts are with you guys.

Abby

10. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Everyone still alive?

L8r

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm in good shape. Been cooped in my hotel for a couple of days and am about to return for a normal shift.

Be safe out there, folks, the current worry appears to be tornados. -Campbell

12. Darth_Misfit138

Darth_Misfit138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Altamonte Springs checking in.

Our electricity lasted the whole time then decided to go out late lastnight. :mad: We'll be staying at my boyfriend's mother's place now. *sigh* This is getting old real quick.

13. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Im feeling for you guys. its like the hurricane that wouldnt end.

14. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Ft Lauderdale checking in. You guys weren't kidding about the slowest moving storm! I am glad all of us here in FL got through it safely. Keep a watch out for Ivan.

15. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Oviedo checking in. that was one long-ass storm. Lucky there was neither loss of power nor loss of shingles, though I picked up plenty of neighbors' shingles from my front lawn.

16. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Radical Ray checking in.

I am REALLY over this Hurricane crap! Damage is still under $2000, but I have lost 5 weeks of business. (Not to mention the backache I got from moving most of my SW collection....) No chance to buy a new insurance policy, the storms move in too fast. Now they say there is possibly another storm on the way. We are still cleaning up from Charley.

Can you say Storm Stress? How is everyone else?

17. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    well, i am fine, but all my family lives in lake county and no power.... and my parents ceilign fell in :(. and my dad refuses to take down the plywood...due to the next hurricane coming

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Your dad's got the right idea. This is really an unprecedented year for storms, like out of a movie where some mad supergenius is controlling the weather but hasn't mentioned her goal yet. -Campbell

19. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Have no power since Saturday...some roads are closed off, totally sucks. A bunch of the dorms have rain damage and so do some of the classrooms...Total crap...

At least we got a 5 day weekend...

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Jeanne's comin' at ya. Unfortunately, single guy me got wrangled into riding it out at my hotel again. They may have familes, but who do they think is protecting my precious collection? Hope we all make it through relatively unscathed...

Watch your bums, mates.

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Just popping in. I can't imagine what it must be like living in Florida right now. Your poor state is being ravaged by these storms and there just seems to be no end in sight. I feel for you and hope you all stay safe and suffer as little damage as possible - but I know that might not be likely.

22. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    This was a little worse than Frances, but nowhere near the force of Charley. So we still have power and everything is okay at Casa de Rogue.

I hope everyone else is okay.

L8r

23. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys ok there? Our prayers are with you down there. Looks like we're going to get slapped with some remants of Jeanne tomorrow. Let me know how you guys are doing!

24. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    geesh everyone I know lost power for a very minimal amount of time.... how did they get power up so fast this time?

25. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Jeanne's on her way up here to Jersey. And we got hit with Frances REALLY bad, Ivan was okay, but I have a feeling Jeanne's gonna kick our butt.

If you guys need anything, let us know. Jersey is thinking of you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.