main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA I am thinking of not going to CIV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I am starting to lose any enthusiasm I once felt about the whole thing. For one, I am worried about who will watch my daughter for all 5 days.
    And this morning, while I was sitting in my driveway looking at the house, I was thinking about how badly it needs to be painted and that the money I would spend at CIV would just about cover the cost of it.

It?s not like I won?t get to do any scifi conventions at all next year, I plan to attend Rusty-con in January and Norwescon in April.

I will talk about it more I guess at our next meeting, since I need to give it some thought

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    CIV was the only con I really wanted to go to - but CE is looking even more.... interesting.

I think it'll all depend on how the next few months go for me.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I still want to go. It all depends on the job hunt. I had a wonderful time meeting people at C3 and want to meet new people at C4.

I hope things work out for you all. I really hope to see you all next year. :)

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Cheryl, even if we don't all get together for CIV, we should plan to meet up some other time. If you and your hubby make any plans to head West for a vacation, maybe we can do a road trip to meet up for a day.

I still haven't made up my mind definately, but I am leaning strongly towards saving the money I would spend on CIV to do other things with, I know If I stay home, I may regret it though (Especially if Mark actually makes it to the convention and I miss an opportunity to see him in person)

I still love Star Wars just as much as ever, but I find that I have so many conventions I want to attend throughout the year, and going to the ones that have a variety of different sci-fi related panels, exhibits and activities (and not to mention, writing tracks) appeal to me more and I feel my money and time is best spent on those ones

But, we will see how I feel the day CIV badges go on sale

5. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm not big into conventions. C4 will be it for me.

Chip and I will be up in Seattle in March for our 25th wedding anniversary. We'll post details when it's closer.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    That would be really cool!

Yep, I'm leaning on the fence about C-4... if I can cut it WAY down (as in skip everything else, and change my reservation to leave late night the day the con ends) I'll PROBABLY still go, but CE is a hell of a pull and I'm involved in a potentially huge project there.

7. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    When I go to Europe it would be with my husband and not for a con. There is too much I'd want to see. I couldn't afford to go to Europe at this time anyway.

Cate, Is it possible for you to add my name to the hotel reservation? That way if you don't go, I'll still have a room. I doubt I could just show up and take your room without my name on it.

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Cheryl, that was on my mind too, YEah, I will call them and see if they will let me do that, and get back to you. I still haven't decided not to go at all. I know that if I don't you will want to find another roommate to share with too, but wait a bit if you can, I should make up my mind definately in the next few weeks and CIV is still months away

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I won't be worrying about a roomie yet anyway. I need a job before anything can happen. I won't be trying to replace you. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.