main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Title: I, Jaina Solo
    Author: YodaKenobi
    Timeframe: Post NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jag Fel, Kyp Durron, Jacen, Tahiri, H/L, L/M
    Genre: abstract :p
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina Solo's account of the Great Chiss War
    Notes:

Please excuse the title, this is just something I've been thinking of the last couple days because I wanted to write something that was really different. The pace will be quick and the posts much shorter than my other fics (if you've read those) and the storyline has nothing to do with Revolution, The Eighth Cortex, or The Living Force .

It takes place about seven years after The Unifying Force, and I suppose it's a canon fic until the Joiner King comes out. I mainly just wanted to write a first-person fic about Jaina and I wanted it to be unusual and easy to read.

I hope someone enjoys it.

Dramatis Personae

Alema Rar; Jedi Knight (female Twi'lek)
    Ben Skywalker; Jedi Padawan (male Human)
    C-3PO; protocol droid
    Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male Human)
    Jacen Solo;Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Jagged Fel; Assistant Syndic Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet (male Human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Kyrn (Shawnk'yr'nuruodo); Colonel, Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet (female Chiss)
    Leia Organa Solo; former New Republic diplomat (female Human)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Knight (male Wookiee)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female Human)
    Nieus P. Sovel; Writer, scholar,mathematician, philosopher (male Sullustan)
    R2-D2; astromech droid
    Tahiri Veila; Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Tenel Ka Djo; Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium, Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Traest Kre'fey; admiral (male Bonthan)
    Voanes Malu; Jedi Knight (female Miraluka)

2. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Prologue

Seventeen years ago? when life was still happy, before the Yuuzhan Vong, before the Chiss? my father very clumsily stumbled through a story on the air speeder ride back to our apartment on Coruscant, following Lando Calrissian's wedding. He'd done a little too much celebrating that evening at the reception and was too drunk to fly? he was actually too drunk to speak, and that's the point.

When my father realized this, he stopped himself from what was sure to be a very amusing anecdote in his inebriated mind, and decided to preface the story with this statement: "Bear with me."

I now find myself in a similar situation, not knowing if this make sense to you, who ever you happen to be. I don't particularly want to be writing this down right now, especially since I don't know how much time I have left, but I suppose that is all the more reason why it should be recorded.

I don't want to tell you about how Lowie died, as his body might still be warm if it hadn't happened in a vacuum. I don't want to tell you about the Jedi Seer who told me I would kill Jagged Fel. I don't want to tell you about the Chiss and how they betrayed us. I certainly don't want to tell you how I got here, or what I have to do now.

Kre'fey will want a log. If they can recover this, he will sure as hell have one. To be honest though, I don't really care about that right now. Jacen once told me that writing could be cathartic, and that's why he'd kept journals since he was nine. Perhaps that's why I'm doing this now. Not so you can read it? this is for me.

But be assured, in my rambling attempts at coherency, my frequent changes in time, as I have no idea how to sequence this... Be assured that this is not a happy story. This is no romance. The sun does not shine tomorrow and the heroes, certainly, do not live.

It will only really make sense to me, I'm sure.

This will be, I think, an account of people I love and what happened to them when the Chiss sprung their trap. About Mom and Dad, Jacen, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara, little Ben? and of course, Jag, and Kyp Durron.

I now make a similar request of you as I stumble through my own anecdote, though I'm far from intoxicated. I make this request because I will ramble, because this is sad, and perhaps, because I want to believe that there is still hope.

Bear with me.

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    **Steals first reply!**

:eek:

Whoah!

Lowie's dead?! :eek: :_|

The Chiss have sprung a trap? :eek: :confused:

What else?!

*gripped*

- The Imperial Ewok

4. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    She kills Jag??!!

I don't want that to happen, but now I want to know what happens. *sighs*

Great start. Very intriging.

5. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    So Jaina kills Jag, the Chiss fight the GFFA, and Jaina gets drunk before writing an account of the war... I like it already.

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :eek:

Jaina's final log as she is (apparently) about to die? Who's dead? How did they die? What did the Chiss do?

Bring it on!!

oldj

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    LOWWIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the last sentence, I take it this will be very interesting. *Grins*

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh dear. Chiss own GFFA. Just what I expected ;)

9. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Uh oh.....i knew the Chiss were tricky...you've got me hooked...lol

MaraJ

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: **Steals first reply!**

Nice :p

Whoah!
    Lowie's dead?!

Afraid so, and very recently from when Jaina's recording this.

The Chiss have sprung a trap?

Yes, I think it may have involved a heavy metal bar and a piece of cheese.

What else?!

Umm... Jaina flys a starfighter.

*gripped*

Oh, sorry *releases McEwok* :p

Thanks for reading :)

Myria: She kills Jag??!!

No, she said someone tells her she will ;)

I don't want that to happen, but now I want to know what happens. *sighs*

Well that's something at least :p

Great start. Very intriging.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it so far.

Dev: So Jaina kills Jag, the Chiss fight the GFFA, and Jaina gets drunk before writing an account of the war... I like it already.

Well, she didn't say she killed Jag, and she is not drunk, but the rest is right :p The drunk comparison was the request for patience and understanding on the part of the listener/reader.

And thanks :)

oldj: Jaina's final log as she is (apparently) about to die? Who's dead? How did they die? What did the Chiss do?

I will try to answer all those questions, just not now ;)

Bring it on!!

That's the kind of enthusiasm I like :D

oldj

I forgot to tell you that I typed your name that way by accident :p but since you said you liked it, I will continue :p

Sil: LOWWIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the last sentence, I take it this will be very interesting. *Grins*

I hope so. I think it will be different, at least. I don't know that it will be good. This is the first fic I've ever written on an impulse :p

Thanks for reading :)

Spike: Oh dear. Chiss own GFFA. Just what I expected

We'll see ;) And thanks for reading :D

MaraJade1225: Uh oh.....i knew the Chiss were tricky...you've got me hooked...lol

Good :) Nice to meet you, btw, I don't think I've seen you one the boards before :)

11. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    yeah...that's totally like the most gripping first post ever written...like even if you don't want to know what happens...there's like so many plot twists just mentioned in that post that you like have to know what happened. And I just said 'like' 4 times...five plus the one in this sentence. Definately can't wait to read s'more of this so I can find out what happened...plus I just love anything with the chiss in it :D

12. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Now, even before reading the very first post, I had the unholy urge to say 'go Chiss!'. Sue me, I'm pro-States' rights...

Elena

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I'm addicted already. :D

This is going to be so much (angst-ridden) fun; I can tell already! :) [face_devil] Love your style.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

14. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    I like this already, sounds good, i cant wait for more. Jedi Seer , hmmm, that sounds very interesting. All seen from her perspective too, i like it even more.
    Poor Lowie.

Poor Jag, maybe, muahahaha!!!!!

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    ChissGoddess: yeah...that's totally like the most gripping first post ever written...

Thanks, I kind of like it too :p

like even if you don't want to know what happens...there's like so many plot twists just mentioned in that post that you like have to know what happened.

Good then you'll be forced to read it ;)

And I just said 'like' 4 times...five plus the one in this sentence.

I wasn't going to say anything... :p

Definately can't wait to read s'more of this so I can find out what happened...plus I just love anything with the chiss in it

I'm glad, thanks for reading :D

Elena: Now, even before reading the very first post, I had the unholy urge to say 'go Chiss!'. Sue me, I'm pro-States' rights...

[face_laugh]

That makes two of us... on the States' rights thing, not the "go Chiss" ;)

Jedi_Jaina_Durron: Well, I'm addicted already.

:D

This is going to be so much (angst-ridden) fun; I can tell already! Love your style.

Thanks :) And it may not be as angsty as Jaina makes it sound ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Never too early to ask ;) I'll have something up in a day or two. Nice to meet you :)

TS: I like this already, sounds good, i cant wait for more. Jedi Seer , hmmm, that sounds very interesting.

I think Seers have been mentioned before.

All seen from her perspective too, i like it even more.
    Poor Lowie.

Yeah :(

Poor Jag, maybe, muahahaha!!!!!

:p

Thanks for reading, TS :)

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Damn you, Yoda, you have me suddenly reading Jaina fics. I think I need a therapist. Oh hang on, you ARE a therapist. =P~

I like the narrative style, the idea of the Chiss getting snappy again, and the sense of gloom,death and general despondency. :D [puts on soothsayer's gear and rushes around crying: "Woe, woe and thrice woe."]

But now I'm going to feel even more guilty for being so far behind!

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hmm. Very interesting. Bring it on, Wes. ;)

~~Jilly

18. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    This is just shocking.

19. kellaina

kellaina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Whoa... not really sure what to say, except nice work! That was a great introduction - definitely looking forward to more!

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Tahi: Damn you, Yoda, you have me suddenly reading Jaina fics.

Sorry. I also have myself writing them :p

I think I need a therapist. Oh hang on, you ARE a therapist.

Heh, only part time. And no one has asked to have their dreams analyzed by me since I did Whitey's :p

I like the narrative style, the idea of the Chiss getting snappy again, and the sense of gloom,death and general despondency. [puts on soothsayer's gear and rushes around crying: "Woe, woe and thrice woe."]

[face_laugh]

I'm glad you liked everything :D

But now I'm going to feel even more guilty for being so far behind!

Meh, don't worry about it ;) I will be keeping the posts for this short as I don't want to spend much time on it either.

JainaDurron: Hmm. Very interesting. Bring it on, Wes.

Hey, Jilly :) How ya been?

RevaDurron: This is just shocking.

It will be sweet, I swear [face_devil]

kellaina: Whoa... not really sure what to say, except nice work! That was a great introduction - definitely looking forward to more!

Thanks :) I'll try and get something worked up for Wednesday :D

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, Jilly How ya been?

Not bad. You? Just updated one of my fics, trying to get back into the swing of things again. :p

~~Jilly

22. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    This sounds like it could be very interesting. I definitely look forward to reading more. :)

23. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Why is poor Lowie always biting it in everybody's fics? :_| Very gripping first post, YodaKenobi ! =D=

Like I need another story to drag me into the depths of oblivion right now! ;)

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Jilly: Not bad. You? Just updated one of my fics, trying to get back into the swing of things again.

I'm doing pretty well :) I saw your new post, hope we get more of that soon ;)

c owensby: This sounds like it could be very interesting. I definitely look forward to reading more.

TSF: Why is poor Lowie always biting it in everybody's fics? Very gripping first post, YodaKenobi !

Thanks, TSF :) Sorry about Lowie, but he's only the most recent to die :p

Like I need another story to drag me into the depths of oblivion right now!

Referring to TKL's fic? Maybe this won't be as bad as Jaina makes it out to be. She's just not very positive ;)

I said I would post today, but that's a little iffy, because I've got a bunch of errands to run and the post is only half done (and not very well :p), so we'll see what happens this afternoon.

25. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    The Chiss betraying the Alliance? Well, that's a shock, although I'm actually not that surprised. After all, they would probably want to get back at the Alliance forr Vergere's sabotage of Alpha Red.

I think the first post was written very well YodaKenobi. The tone is exactly the sort of tone you'd expect to hear from someone telling an account of horrific things that have happend to them, but are very reluctant to do so. And it sets the tone for the rest of the story as well. Very realistic, unlike some other Jaina action centered fics I've read.

I feel very bad for Chewie's family now. First Chewie's death is connected with the Solo family, and now Lowie's is! Poor guys. I am confused about one thing though. Does this mean Jag and Kyp and everyone else are dead? I hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.