main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Kick ass I unlocked the naboo fighter and it rocks. The bonus item for morning and dusk is C-3PO. So you see JR he didn't get left out. ;) Just blow up Jabba's palace. Also what are the cluster missles for? Slave1? Anyone unlock it?

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Slave 1 and Vader's TIE.

3. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Cool thanks.

4. CabDriverOnCoruscant

CabDriverOnCoruscant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2000
    hy guys...I don't even have my game cube yet..but is anyone playing this game using the 5.1 surround sound? How is it? Do the ships really fly by you? Hope so...(sits in total envy...)

5. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I wish I had 5.1, that would be incredible with this game.

Why is training the hardest part of this game?

6. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Rebecca191, to keep Darth Vader from killing you in the trench, just get down towards the bottom of the trench and break hard so he'll overshoot you. He'll fly out of the trench and loop back around at you again. Keep doing this till Han comes and saves the day.

Breaking hard is also a very good strategy for getting rid of pursuing TIEs in the first place, except if you're in a lambda shuttle. :)

7. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I have 5.1. I'm not sure how the pro-logic2 is because I only have a decoder that uses just pro-logic. That alone is c great and loud. Pisses my mom off sometimes. But surround is great. For example you can hear little things like if you shot a Tie down and it drives down a bit before exploding you can hear the engin dieing down.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, surround is awesome...my reciever can do DD5.1, DTS and Prologic, but I'm not sure if this logic 2 stuff is a newer thing or not, either way, it still sounds great! There's even an audio test option on the special features menu where a lone TIE hsows up on screen and takes off-screen, and you hear it as it circles the room and comes back on screen again.

The best though is when you are inside the cockpit of the varo=ious ships and hear the engine or laser cannon sound effects coming from behind you (such as the a-wing, which sounds soooo cool when you start to increase speed).

9. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Whoohoo I finaly got all silvers. I just want to say that Slave1 sucks. While it has some mean torpedos everything else sucks. The only level it's any good on is the Ison level. Also I unlocked the Tie Fighter. It's about the same as the orginal RS. Now it's on to Golds. Man these are hard. So far I only have two.

10. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    A message to all of you who already have a GameCUbe AND Rogue Leader: I HATE YOU! :D Just kidding, my friend has Rogue Leader and I've actually even started my own file on his game. I haven't played it much but I'm up to the Cloud City level, and I have silver on the Death Star Trench, and bronze on Ison-something, Hoth, the level with the crashed Star Destroyer, and I'm pretty sure I have one on the Imperial Academy level. On the rest I have nothing.

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I have'nt had enough time to play alot, but I am up to Bespin and am 3 points from unlocking the Falcon asteroid board(I have 3 silvers and 3 bronze)
    I got the first three upgrades too.
    Hopefully tonight I'll get the TIE and a few more bonuses, and pass that dang bespin board

12. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Anybody know why I don't have the Naboo Fighter yet? Because I completed Tatooine Training on all 4 time settings and got everything including the 2 bonus items. Still no Naboo Fighter.

It IS supposed to show up in the Hangar when it's available, right?

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    pat-fett, I got all silvers two days ago, but I can't find Slave 1. Where is it?

14. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    It should be right beside the Falcon to the left a little behind it. Do you have silvers on at least two bonus missions? You need 12 slivers to unlock it.

As for the Naboo fighter it should replace one of the X-Wings. You sure you got everything at all four times of the day?

About prologic2,it is a new format that uses 5.1 via analog connections. You have to have a decocoder with prologic2. I have DD5.1 on my decoder as well. I'm not really happy with the DD5.1. I think I might get a new decoder in a year or so.

15. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, 12 silvers at least. Stupid game.

16. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Grr... I'll fly through them all again then.

Chris

17. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    still can't beat bespin, i can't even pass the first stage.

18. KorFallon

KorFallon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2001
    Must...get...game!!!!!

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Whoops, sorry I didn't help you with that. Anyway, there are things under the ballon top that create fire to make the hot air keep the platform in the air. All you have to do is shoot them and the whole thing blows up.

20. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Got everything unlocked including all the ships. Slave 1 sucks.

!snap

21. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    //gasp//

:eek:

Blamsphemy!

;) :p :D

Slave1 = cool

EDIT = well in general, i dunno bout in this game :p

22. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I just played this for the first time a t Wal*Mart.

Go shat in a hat, you farking ice holes!

Lucky bums who have this... gah, GAH, GAH! Must... get ...i t...

Christmas can't come soon enough.

I'd imagine it's going to take me 3/4 of forever to even get all bronzes, though. [face_plain]

23. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    to unlock the naboo fighter do you have to do absolutely everything correct and get the 2 bonuses in the training level(ie shoot 60 womprats, beat biggs on tracks 1&2 of beggars canyon)? also, I stole a tie fighter on the imperial heist "night" mission. I used the tie to fly to shuttle craft. once I made it to the rendezvous point, nothing happened. My shields ran out while fending off waves of ties while in the rend. point. Thus I did not acquire the tie fighter for regular use. Can this only be done on the "day" mission? Can someone help me get the tie before I pull my hair out!

24. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    damn it. i knew those hot air blowers were there, why did i not realize it?
    the whole time i ahve been shooting the guns individually, well now i know.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!!

25. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Yeah, Hoth-nudist, keep flying down that canyon past the big open area where you rendezvous in the day mission. You have to pick up your man guarding the speeder.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.