main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I love the smell of Steak 'N Shake in April....(Celebration 3)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    I'd have to agree, I only saw two T-shirt shops with the "offical" store being the third, and there were barely any StarWars tees in the shop. Then it took one T-shirt dude 2 months to charge my credit card for the one shirt I bought, word to the wise, use cash. When I emailed him about why it took so long he was snotty, and rude. I understand they do a lot of conventions a year, but no reason to treat a paying customer badly.

One way to make folks feel secure is to make them buy a card for each figure, with a max of two. Then when the figures are bought, the clerk takes them, or snaps part of them off as proof of purchase. I thought of a plastic phone card style thing with maybe a rebel symbol and imperial symbol with perferated circles that could be snapped out of the card. If they put a hole in them they could be worn from a lanyard for safe keeping till redemtion.

This could be easily done, by having a table of five standing at the back of the room merchendice room selling the cards 25.00 a piece, then ropes moving the crowd toward the merchendice booth, or toward a section that is a figures only booth to redeam the cards. Then if they wanted to cap the number of figures a day, etc, they could only sell so many cards and send only so many people into the figure line. They could consider even numbering the cards from 1-to the last number capped. Or even set up different destination points for picking up figures by colour coding different cards for different locations. It could be random.

What someone does after they buy one is their choice, but allowing it have a random fairness is another.

Also, they need to fix how they handled autographs. Last time we bought vouchers, and would go through the autograph area. If we had any left over vouchers, we had to come back and stand in front of the autograph area in one line. Sunday it was nuts. They had one line trying to come back in, while the other line that was buying vouchers that day was coming in from the purchasing line. It started to get ugly.

Maybe if they had those who already bought vouchers, and those buying vouchers that day, in lines side by side, they could let ten in at a time. Then have one at the entrance and one at the exit with walkie talkies communicating "ten out" "ten in". Some folks by Sunday were only redeming one or two vouchers that I saw, but by splitting the groups, it make it less confussing. They need to mark things out more clearly this time. It sounds redundant but big signs really do help. You can read them at a distance, and it makes for easy understanding as to where to go.

~EV~

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000

Plus it would create a massive slow-down at the entrance. You would need a line for those buying tickets, a line for those who have tickets but no figures, and a line for those who already have their figs. Plus think of production - people will be walking up & buying passes, so how can they know how many to produce. They don't want to over-produce, because that wrecks some of the "special-ness"

Actually you'd need two lines:
    The Figures are pre-packed in the "goodie" bags you get at the entrance.
    1- for the people who pre-bought their passes and paid for the figures already
    2- for the people who don't have passes yet.

Those who buy daily tickets pay the regular price and don't get a bag with the figures, and those who buy 4-days passes go get a bag with the figures..
    for running con-reg in the past I can tell you it wouldn't be that difficult.

then you have those booths I was talking about in the convention where you can buy extra figs or return those you don't want.

which booths also have two lines:
    sellers
    buyers

Where you do make a point, it's over production.
    But I guess there's no arm in that if you're going to auction the extra ones for some children charity.

the way I see it, everyone's happy ^_^

As for the guests I'd like to see
    Well Natalie Portman of course
    Nick Gillard again.. I can't get enough of that man
    And since we most likely won't see the man himself, I'll get the next best thing: Steve Sansweet ^_^

If we keep it strictly to actors then I guess I'd like to see Samuel L jackson, Ewan Mc gregor.

3. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I got my new camera for C3 today. One of those Sony's that records on to an 8cm disk. I had something like twenty rolls of film for C2. I think I took about 700+ pictures and only about 250 turn out to be any good.

Also a tip for anyone planning to be there before sun up, invest in a folding chair. One of those that you can stick in a bag with a shoulder strap. That sidewalk was awfully cold those first two mornings.

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Sebs -- Was it the Indianapolis Philharmonic that you were thinking of?

5. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    That sidewalk was awfully cold those first two mornings.

Oh yes it was!

6. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Indeed it was, that's why I'm bringing a small carry-stool with me next time around.

that or a unicycle not sure yet..

Or maybe one of those pods Like yoda was floating in in Episode II these would be leg savers for SW-C3

7. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    that would be quite handy. especially since they are using the WHOLE Convention Center.

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I love the idea of the folding camp chair. I've used them on several occasions and they are worth their weight in gold.

I just envisioned making some kind of carrying case for themthat would fit in with a SW themed costume. [face_devil] Something like a PVC or plastic tube that will fit the chair when it's folded, but it would be painted and made up with greeblies and whatnot to make it look like a rocket launcher or something. :D

The trick will be finding a tube big enough to hold the chairs that I have. :)

9. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    It didnt happen before but what happens if your by yourself and need to go to restroom?

10. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    what happens if your by yourself and need to go to restroom?

I stood in line while my son wandered around. I just asked my fellow line mates to hold my place. Everyone was nice enough to comply. Of course I returned the favor when asked.

11. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    if you mean while you're in line, well I guess there's not much you can do.. unless you've invented one of those easy to carry moisture vaporators ;)

as for the tube for the camping chair, it's fairly easy, think PVC @ home hardware, and all those local renovation center you might have around your parts.

it does make for a pretty big lightsaber... so it would go better with a stormptrooper outfit ^_^

12. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    We adopted a guy into our group in line, because he was alone because his buddy had to work, and he flew in from NYC all by himself. (Wish we could have found him during the con again!) I love that folks were cool enough to save places in line, and let the rest of us go to the bathroom! Fans Rock! ;)

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Ahhhh it has been far too long since I have frequented TheForce.net. But with the announcement of C3, I have been drawn back in order to particpate in all the pre-convention hooplah. Perhaps, I'll get in touch with a few friends who I met on here and then in person in Indy, and hopefully make a few new friends as well. Anyway, I was at C2 and had an absolutely amazing time. One thing I did (and I don't know if anyone remebers this) was I created an identification badge that people could download and print off their computer for members of TheForce.net to laminate and put their names on as a way for each of us to recognize each other once at the convention. I'll be doing it again for C3 since it turned out to be a great idea last time. As, it gets closer to having official announcements made, I'll start looking for some good images to use as the background of the badge.

Oh and by the way, are we gonna get a microphone and some speakers at the FanForce party this time, no one could hear what anyone was saying last time.

John

14. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Welcome back, I'm looking forward to those new badges.

Oh and by the way, are we gonna get a microphone and some speakers at the FanForce party this time, no one could hear what anyone was saying last time.

As last time around there was JediTalk, The carrying torch of Live Fan Audio show "Star Wars en Direct" should be there.

Now for the big speakers.. we'll have to see with the FanForce party organizers. But I'm sure they can put something together.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, Mystery, it was the Philharmonic Orchestra of Indianapolis....that horrible oboe player.... grrrrr.

16. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Apart from a really high trumpetist, I think they did fine.

still I'd love to see John Williams conduct.

Now THAT would be a star wars concert.

17. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    hey mrskinnee, i remember you. i didn't meet you there or anything, but i remember your badges. i still have mine attached to my lanyard (along w/ the C:II pass and jeditalk badge). mine definitely came in handy once..i was getting in line for the concert tix on friday morning and next to me in line stands vadersfist, both wearing our tf.n badges we were able to recognize eachother. that'd be awesome if you make new ones for C:III ^_^

" As last time around there was JediTalk, The carrying torch of Live Fan Audio show "Star Wars en Direct" should be there."

are you guys gonna be doing a show live from C:III? i must admit, i'm not that familar w/ sw en direct. i noticed a headline about it the other day on tf.n and gave it a listen, but there was talk of spoilers and i wasn't sure how long it was going to be (since it was an archive), so i was too spoiler-paranoid to go on. ;)

18. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hehe, yes, there will be a microphone and speaker system at the party this time around.

Much bigger, much better this time around!!!

19. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    We're thinking about it. If the producer can make it to SW-C3, we'll probably do so.

Now we just need to figure out how much it will cost us in Internet fee. (ouch)

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Perhaps this is a dumb idea, but it's something I thought of while at CII and looking through the glass doors connecting the convention center to the RCA Dome.

I was thinking it would be really cool to get a picture that could later be made into a poster of Star Wars characters lined up on the football field with people from the 501st and Rebel Legion. Think about it.

If you believe it's not a good idea then just let me know, but I have this vision of a great poster with Vader, troopers, Boba, pilots, and other characters lined up on the football field along with other characters from the Star Wars universe. What do ya all think?

21. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i think we should have darth vader play quarterback for the colts.

22. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    I am so going to Celebration III

I am already saving up my money sinse I unemployed and cant drive I got to get my parents to take me, yes!! [face_plain]

23. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    The lines were long but it was fun. I suppose if they were shorter (or faster) we could have caught more.

My only hang up was the female T shirts were sold out so my wife had to get one of the standard ones. I still wear my bowling shirt, most cool.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Is there a Fan Force party in the works this time?

25. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    So.... Celebration III. Had a blast at C2. Anthony Daniels is the coolest efeminite man on earth, can't wait to see him back as emcee.

Guess I'll have to scrounge for a hotel room as I've probably missed the good hotel deals near the convention center, oh well.

I guess I have to check what Fan Club Members' benefits there are this time as well... I let the old one expire. D'oh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.