main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need a costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Oct 12, 2011.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I've got an invitation to a halloween party and we are asked to wear halloween costumes. The problem is, I don't have such a costume. So now I need ideas how to dress up in a Halloween way without going out for shopping a new costume. I don't think I'll join another halloween party within the next few years, so buying a costume would be an overkill in my view. That's why I hope to get a halloween costume made out of the usual clothes one has or with only a few things to buy/add/change.

Can you help me? [face_batting]

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Are you looking for a Star Wars costume, or just any costume at all?

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Just any halloween-ish costume, nothing specific. :)

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hmm, Halloween-ish... I suppose that means a "witch" costume or something like that? (I don't think I've ever been to a Halloween party.)

Because otherwise I would've suggested to simply put on a bathrobe and go as Arthur Dent (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Or Dittsche, if you prefer that. :p

Or you could simply borrow some work clothes from your boyfriend? ;)

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't even know how you look like, 1511, how can I go as you? :p

Yep, some witch-like costume would be nice, although Arthur Dent would be interesting - if they knew who I copy? Especially being a woman and not a man. :p

More ideas? I would hate to skip that party just because I have nothing to wear. :(

7. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I have pictures. :p

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    But you never posted them here. :p

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Halloween doesn't have to be scary JM. :p

hmm, when I go to parties I like to dress up with what I have. Last Halloween party I went to I went as the Phantom of the Opera. I bought a mask that was pretty cheap and I used one of my suits and some leather gloves that I had. I looked pretty sweet. The Phantom is a boy though so that isn't the best option. But you could try something similar. :p
    The clothes closet has unlimited possibilities.:p So the question isn't what can you do. The question is what do you want to do? :p

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    For a quick and easy costume, do you have any uniforms of any kind? Got some scrubs? Grab a surgical mask, some gloves and go as a surgeon! Suit and tie? CEO of a big company! Bonus points for having a BluTooth headset, hair pulled back real tight, and looking like you're constantly pissed off at your underlings. Got some BDUs? Suit up in your rig, blouse those pants into your combat boots and go as a GI! Remember to take your cover (hat) off indoors, though.

And there's always the old standby: sheet ghost.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Halloween costumes doesn't need to be scary? But isn't that what Halloween is for? Otherwise it just would be an early carnival party... :confused: *is confused*

If it's just about what I want, then I would like to go with something simple that clearly shows that I'm costumed. Not just wearing a t-shirt "I'm costumed" or so. :p

Not exactly knowing what CEO or BDU stands for, but I get the general idea and it's interesting. Something like a female Mr. Smith from Matrix or a doctor or a soldier.

Easy would be a female Mac Gyver... but why are the most eaiest characters always men? I would like to dress up like Kathrine/Elena from Vampire Diaries, but I don't have black hair nor an historical costume and I would have to lose 7kg to look as tiny as her. :p

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

There are some in the CCC......somewhere. :p

13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    CEO- Chief Executive Officer- big head honcho of a corporation.

BDU- Battle Dress Uniform- military camo.

Military camo is relatively easy to come by in surplus stores. The surplus store around where I live sells lots of German uniforms, both battle dress, service, and even dress! From the underwear to the outerwear, to the boots, the sweaters, jackets, hats of all kinds...

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! :)

But I think those dresses won't fit, since I don't have any of them. So I'm leaning more toward a doctors dress, but I have no idea how I can make it halloween-ish. :confused:

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Throw some blood on it and pretend to be a homicidal doctor.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Is it possible to get those fake blood out of clothes again? Otherwise that would be my top choice for now. :)

But I'd like to hear more ideas still. :)

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Good question...not sure.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The party just got cancelled. The reason is highly valid, so no anger or so here. Just a bit sad to miss this Halloween party. :(

19. Spitting_Venom

Spitting_Venom Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2012
    i know that the party is cancelled so there is no reason to post anymore awesome costume ideas, however i will tell you for general information purposes, Fake Blood Does NOT come out of clothes.
    Its there for life.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Good hint. ;)