main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I will take it with me to work today and you can come by anytime except sunday for it. More than likely I will be there from open to close for the rest of the week! Maybe not thurs.........

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm not sure which night yet. It would have to be evening since I work during the day.

3. mmmothman32

mmmothman32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    Could I be Exar Kun?

4. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    You can be anybody you want to be, though the sight of you as Slave Leia might be disturbing to the kiddies.

Probably disturbing to all the adults, too.

5. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hey Guys,

What's the best place as far as fabrics to go? I'm looking for something different to wear under the Revan mask, hopefully that hides my eyes better when a flash goes off.

Thanks!

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Where U are I would think Jo Anne Fabric. They gotta have one around you.

In Tucson? SAS Fabrics is the best from my experiance.

7. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    There be no fabric stores here my friend. The only place to find it is Walmart. And the pickings be slim.

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well nest time you are in Tucson remind me to show you all the fabric places here.... I can think of at least 4 really good places to check.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    SAS Fabrics . .. I miss thee so! :_|

I've made a myspace page to chronical the making of my Tusken Female. I'm calling it:

Jada's Tusken Bride Project

:p

10. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    You serious about doing the Tusken Antone? Itll get you intot he 501st, but will look kinda weird being tsller than Vader! But if serious man, Ill send you a "to buy" list

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We never did see a Tuskin and Vader side by side (Ep.2 Anakin was shorter than Ep. 4 Vader, which is the closest side by side we would have gotten from the Ep. 2 shots).

Also, weird? How weird is it having a Guard one foot shorter than Vader?

I don't think size will be an issue if Tone-Loc is a Tuskin.

Either way, if Dustin is Vader and Tone-Loc is either 3P0 it's like having Vader's 1st offspring/creation with him 8-}

OR, if he's a Tuskin it's like having Vader's mother's killer with him. :eek:

Odd how it's all interconnected.[face_worried]

12. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Now that the Race for the Cure is over, I'd like to get finished up with my Leia outfit. I believe that Dustin has some metal pieces for the belt left over? If so, can you bring them to the next meeting. Or drop them at Cat's?

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes I do, but I need to assemble and cut them

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Boots
    I'm trying to decide on white boots for the Leia outfit. Either the Dallas Drill team, Gotham Majorette, Hartford Majorette or the Biker Boot. Gotham and Biker have the black sole.

15. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I say the dallas boots all white imperial officer boots! They are sweet! AQnd if you ever want to turn you can do a white IO........

16. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey Cheryl if you deceide to order from them let me know. May get a pair for Amber and save on shipping. Dustin, do you think Michelle would like a pair? Cat are you interested?

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! I didn't see your message. I ordered a pair of boots this morning. Sorry.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    OK, 7 days till C4 and my Royal Guard need some major overhaul.

Being that my Pike shattered last even in PHX I?m building a new one. Still using a pool cue as the base (I started with a fishing pole, which was what it really was but it didn't seem like it could stand the abuse). The new cue is larger and breaks into two pieces; I even got a pool cue holder for it.

After 3 days of looking for parts to use on it, being that there is really no set definitive or blueprint for one. I start the painting project.

I go outside to prime it (spray paint) and the wind starts up, strong. Mind you it?s 6:45 Am. I go inside figuring it would calm down and it goes as calm as a sleeping cat as soon as I close the front door. Go back out to prime it and a huge gusts of wind starts. This goes on for half an hour. I finally gave up and primed it in the wind (it?s now 8:30 Am, and all that?s done to it is 1 primer coat). So now it?s primed but covered in outside debris from the wind.

What gives? This always happens when I go to paint something.

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Thats why you bring it to my house and paint it in the garage.....

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    That's a good idea. I have an interview between 3:00 and 4:30 otherwise (unless I get another call for an interview but I'm playing phone tag with this place) I'm free.

21. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Scott is on his way as well we can have a prop party! Plus its dry in my garage too!

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Scott is commin down? :confused:

Bob Saggett! =D=

[face_flag]

When?

23. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I called you and no answer.........Scott will be here in about 10 minutes.......

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    yeah not having a garage sucks

25. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I didnt get a call... [face_shame_on_you]